Occultic Doom [Duel-Submachine Gun Sprite Sheet]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Kontra Kommando

Re: Occultic Doom [Formerly Imp and Goblin Randomizer]

Post by Kontra Kommando »

Peter Bark wrote:if Realm667 is still taking in monsters, you should submit this, he'd fit into Heretic/HeXen too.
Sure, as a matter of fact Gez is a moderator there. I could submit it once I've cut the sprites out of the sheet.
Kontra Kommando

Re: Occultic Doom [Formerly Imp and Goblin Randomizer]

Lippeth wrote:That's awesome! One suggestion is to remove +NOGRAVITY so they just hover over the ground. I don't know why but that just seems cooler than floating to oblivion. Keep this up either way, I love it!
I have done this, and now I think he moves around the map a lot better.
Big C wrote:I like it! Any possibility of "YOUR MOTHER SUCKS COCKS IN HELL"/"LET JESUS FUCK YOU" soundbites? :lol:

Also he still drops ammo mags. Not sure whether this was intended or not.
I have now implemented, "Your mother sucks cocks in hell", and "Stick your cock up her ass, you motherfucking cock sucker!". Its pretty hilarious, yet fitting as I start to flesh out the theme of this mod. Its certainly about exploring more occult themes. Basically, I'd like to expand the monsters in logical ways. For example, since there are imps, and goblins in the game; why not trolls as well?

I could imagine it would be creepy to see a few of these little guys coming at the player with little daggers, and wearing those burlap sacks garments. Further, there could be other small creatures like gremlins, and those little guys from the movie, the Gate. I would like to see the enemies in the game be a diverse horde of these malevolent creatures.

I also want to create some more random decorate items to implement along side the vanilla ones.

The ammo drop was intentional, since Possessedman replaces Zombieman half the time.
Kontra Kommando

Re: Occultic Doom [Pazuzu Statue and Info]

Here is the statue of Pazuzu. It was the same demonic statue from the movie the Exorcist. He was also the Assyrian/Babylonian King of Demons

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pazuzu

I will also make one of Baphomet, and other demonic statues to replace the green and red pillars in Doom.

I have other plans to make the game more satanic as well, such as giving regular decorate items active sounds of whispers, screams, moans, and the demonic voice from the movie, Amityville Horror.

Hopefully, I can get a beta available to you guys by this weekend. I also have some other ideas i'm throwing around, that I would like to include. Such as even more new enemy types.

Edit:

Here is Baphomet

Kontra Kommando

Re: Occultic Doom [Pazuzu & Baphomet Statue Sprites]

Here is something that I thought of today. Occasionally, when the shotguys drop shotguns, some will ascend and flying around; taking shots at you.
YukesVonFaust

Re: Occultic Doom [Pazuzu & Baphomet Statue Sprites]

Post by YukesVonFaust »

Kontra Kommando wrote:Image

Here is something that I thought of today. Occasionally, when the shotguys drop shotguns, some will ascend and flying around; taking shots at you.
shotguns
REMIX
mallo

Re: Occultic Doom [Paranormal Flying shotgun sprite sheet]

Post by mallo »

I don't like how the head spin guy floats. Just make the offsets normal and use +FLOATBOB :/
WARCHILD_89
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by WARCHILD_89 »

I like your paranormal stuff keep it going ;-)
Kontra Kommando

I have completed a sprite sheet of a cerberus. I have built it off of the Xenomorph Runner sprite sheet I made, as a foundation. I will use this enemy to spawn along witht the Demons, at a 50/50 chance.
Kontra Kommando

mallo wrote:I don't like how the head spin guy floats. Just make the offsets normal and use +FLOATBOB :/
I fixed him up in the upcoming beta
Peter Bark

Post by Peter Bark »

that's amazing! I always wanted to see one with three heads, great job with that creation.

this also needs some little demons :)
Kontra Kommando

Peter Bark wrote:that's amazing! I always wanted to see one with three heads, great job with that creation.

this also needs some little demons :)
Hell yea! I love the ghoulies!
underhillth

Re: Occultic Doom [Cerberus Sprite Sheet]

Post by underhillth »

This is the BEST when coupled with PSX Doom.
Freakin terrifying...
Only problem is that their armor is neon green instead of the brownish the others possess. (Compatibility patch?)
I don't think I can play without this mod anymore though and I can't wait to see what else you have in store for us!
Kontra Kommando

underhillth wrote:This is the BEST when coupled with PSX Doom.
Freakin terrifying...
Only problem is that their armor is neon green instead of the brownish the others possess. (Compatibility patch?)
I don't think I can play without this mod anymore though and I can't wait to see what else you have in store for us!
The floating possessed guys? Nah, I just used the player sprites as its body, with zombieman's head.

Thanks man, I think you're going to like what I've done to the mod. I can't wait to release the Beta this weekend; I just need to add a few more things. There's a lot of new content inbound.
Last edited by Kontra Kommando on Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kontra Kommando

Here's a preview of the Troll that will be included along side the Imps, and Goblins.

I modeled them off of the creatures in Troll 2. I always thought that this guy in the movie looked like John Carmack.

LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

Kontra Kommando wrote:Here's a preview of the Troll that will be included along side the Imps, and Goblins.
I modeled them off of the creatures in Troll 2. I always thought that this guy in the movie looked like John Carmack.
My first thought was: Can I Give it a Red Herring to let me pass?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”