Page 66 of 89

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.4, Welcome to Explodistan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:50 pm
by amv2k9
Anybody else been playing TB in Hexen? The dash/air dash seems to stop working after a while. I think it's because the hub format of Hexen means the script that allows the dash to work is run only once per level; the first time you enter it. I set up a RETURN-type script that calls the dash script again, and this seems to fix it.

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.4, Welcome to Explodistan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:18 am
by Finder153
amv2k9 wrote:Anybody else been playing TB in Hexen? The dash/air dash seems to stop working after a while. I think it's because the hub format of Hexen means the script that allows the dash to work is run only once per level; the first time you enter it. I set up a RETURN-type script that calls the dash script again, and this seems to fix it.


Doesn't happen to me.

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.4, Welcome to Explodistan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:35 am
by armymen12002003
Just played this with the twilight warrior mod i must say this is a very fun mod keep up the good work.

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.4, Welcome to Explodistan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:29 pm
by erni945
I have a question to all of you, do you know any of you how to make a set of maps DUMP compatible with this mod? I mean junk points and weapon upgrades to hadwritten after each map change because we have anything I do not want to save and after gaining a certain amount of junk points can not improve a particular weapon :?

EDIT:
Ok I got probably an idea how to fix it, you just tell me where and how to add + INVENTORY.UNDROPPABLE?

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.4, Welcome to Explodistan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:03 pm
by Zhs2
Decorate/Items/Tinker.txt, add the flag to JunkItem's definition. Then go into each weapon, find the *Upgrade item (e.g. BitchUpgrade, should be at the top of each document) and add the flag to those. Finally, visit Decorate/Items/Blueprints.txt, find BlueprintItem, and uncomment the flag. I asked Pillow for something like this once, and while I can believe that there was a purpose for never adding the flag to JunkItem or Blueprints (so that they could be dropped and shared manually in multiplayer), the suggestion never really made it all the way through to the true upgrade counter items. Even if you don't add the flag to JunkItem, if you prudently remember to spend all your junk before moving onto the next DUMP map, you should be okay... (On the other hand, if you somehow get enough junk for a blueprint in a single DUMP map, I'd be amazed.)

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.4, Welcome to Explodistan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:01 pm
by erni945
Zhs2 wrote:Decorate/Items/Tinker.txt, add the flag to JunkItem's definition. Then go into each weapon, find the *Upgrade item (e.g. BitchUpgrade, should be at the top of each document) and add the flag to those. Finally, visit Decorate/Items/Blueprints.txt, find BlueprintItem, and uncomment the flag. I asked Pillow for something like this once, and while I can believe that there was a purpose for never adding the flag to JunkItem or Blueprints (so that they could be dropped and shared manually in multiplayer), the suggestion never really made it all the way through to the true upgrade counter items. Even if you don't add the flag to JunkItem, if you prudently remember to spend all your junk before moving onto the next DUMP map, you should be okay... (On the other hand, if you somehow get enough junk for a blueprint in a single DUMP map, I'd be amazed.)



Thanks for your help, try to do it, I'll know later

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.4, Welcome to Explodistan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:37 pm
by erni945
I tried to do it but despite my best efforts, I could not do that, it's possible that I did something wrong, I do not exclude it but to sum up, I could not even thank you very much for your help, I hope that the next version will be fixed

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.4, Welcome to Explodistan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:39 pm
by Zhs2
You'll either have to unzip the project and repack it together or use a WAD/PK3 editing tool.

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.4, Welcome to Explodistan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:58 pm
by erni945
Zhs2 wrote:You'll either have to unzip the project and repack it together or use a WAD/PK3 editing tool.



I just used to use this tool, but I could not do that, I think I said something wrong but all in all it's not important, obviously I can not do things like that, it's hard to speak

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.4, Welcome to Explodistan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:35 pm
by CasualScrub
One thing I thought might be a good idea for the next release. Maybe have some options to activate/deactivate certain gameplay features, like the upgrades. Not that I dislike the added features, but I find I rarely use things like the blueprints.

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.4, Welcome to Explodistan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:58 pm
by Pardo
Why didnt you give the Auto Justice a magazine reload system?
It still has to be loaded manually even after the upgrade

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.4, Welcome to Explodistan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:54 am
by Redead-ITA
Pardo wrote:Why didnt you give the Auto Justice a magazine reload system?
It still has to be loaded manually even after the upgrade

There is a blueprint that allows to put one shell to load the entire shotgun its called
Spoiler:

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.4, Welcome to Explodistan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:16 pm
by Talon1024
I was occasionally getting a bug where I would pull out two fleshrends or leadspitters after punching, even if I only had one, and I just found out why. It's a bug with the Kinetic Fist blueprint. If you had Kinetic Fist, the fleshrend or leadspitter would go to the wrong state.

Here's a fix. Load this after loading Trailblazer.
Here's the diff, if anyone is interested.

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.4, Welcome to Explodistan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:15 am
by Ts879
Hey pillowblaster, I got a couple of questions for you. Why isn't any energy weapons in this mod like a plasma rifle or BFG?

and seriously why no OP rocket launcher?

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.4, Welcome to Explodistan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:34 pm
by Nems
Ts879 wrote:Hey pillowblaster, I got a couple of questions for you. Why isn't any energy weapons in this mod like a plasma rifle or BFG?

and seriously why no OP rocket launcher?


Not every mod needs one of these things. If PillowBlaster wanted these things in he would have added them in. Besides, there's other mods that fill those niches.

I personally find it refreshing that all of the weapons in this mod are ballistic/explosion based.