[Release] The Trailblazer - 1.5e

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Onar4241

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer (1.2)

Post by Onar4241 »

Can you please remove the new "found a secret" sound? New sounds are always welcome but this one is really annoying. I'm not trying to sound mean, but when I'm playing on MAP01 on Doom 2, which I found many secrets almost instantly the sound is playing so many times, it's annoying.
DoomKrakken

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer

Post by DoomKrakken »

RastaManGames wrote:Dear PillowBlaster, can you make, pleeease compatibility patch for Brutal Doom V.19?
I hope you can. :3
Dude... why not just use Brutal Doom Lite? It works.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

YUS! ANOTHER AWESOME GUN MOD! My bro will like this... :D

I know you mean well with the double-tap dash, but for me, it's really a big hindrance. Also, if I press the "Strafe Left" key and the "Turn Left" key in quick succession, or double-tap the "Turn Left" key, then I do a dash to the left (this is also applicable for their right-directional counterparts). I can't shoot precisely because of this dash.

Could you remove it? If not, can you tell me how to remove it?

EDIT: Never mind, I figured out how. :D
Last edited by DoomKrakken on Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Valherran

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer

Post by Valherran »

Valherran wrote:I have an idea for the final difficulty setting to make this MOD more challenging.

On the Nightmare setting, reduce the aggressiveness of the enemies, but make them a bit more aggressive than the UV setting (enough to where they aren't standing there and fire ball spamming all day when in sight). Give the monsters fast movement, and tone down the total player damage to 50%.
Bumping this post in case it was overlooked.
comet1337_old

Post by comet1337_old »

in hexen, reloading the grenade launcher when its empty only loads a single grenade in it, and it does it without using any green mana
is this intentional or a bug?

edit: getting a backpack seems to fix it
Matsilagi
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Matsilagi »

Is it intentional that the Cradle & Grave in Hexen doesnt show noone of the Manas highlited?

The sidekick did that when it was broken, so im asking here because im afraid something might have broke again.
iSpook

Post by iSpook »

Yes it is, C&G don't use ammo.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

for more explanations about how those majestic yet nonsensical weapons works, read it's lores, by opening it with editor.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

Apparently I forgot about how things click when you try to jump inbetween states with inherited weapons... so there was some unforseen quips. And I have had added something that was completely unnecessary in the other guns. Quick-fixed. That's what I get for not testing things thoroughly, but I didn't have time for that these days.

Changelog:
V1.2a (2015-01-15)
-Fixed the Hexen weapons having reload issues.
-Fixed Nutter and minigun still firing, even if you run out one of the ammo types.
Onar4241 wrote:Can you please remove the new "found a secret" sound? New sounds are always welcome but this one is really annoying. I'm not trying to sound mean, but when I'm playing on MAP01 on Doom 2, which I found many secrets almost instantly the sound is playing so many times, it's annoying.
Nope. While map01 has indeed a hunch of secrets... it's only stock map01. There's plentiful of maps that might have as many secrets, but you might not find one after another.
Valherran wrote:I have an idea for the final difficulty setting to make this MOD more challenging.

On the Nightmare setting, reduce the aggressiveness of the enemies, but make them a bit more aggressive than the UV setting (enough to where they aren't standing there and fire ball spamming all day when in sight). Give the monsters fast movement, and tone down the total player damage to 50%.
I am not quite sure how I could modify monster's aggressiveness without actually touching the monsters, if I can be honest. I'm afraid that setting the fast monsters on already makes sure that they'll spam you to death. I could however remove the no pain, and perhaps nerf player's damage indeed... OR JUST KEEP IT AS IT IS, AND NERF PLAYER'S DAMAGE. YOU ALL SHOULD DIEEEEEEEE~! (Just kidding. I'll see if what I could do about it.)

And so far, the question about nerfing the minigun seems to be... quite answered. Sorry, challenge lovers - this mod will most likely stay boring and ridiculous as it is. :P
iSpook

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer (1.2a)

Post by iSpook »

I feel like this mod is best when it's "Ridiculous", although I haven't found it boring.

Does this update include revamp nutcracker? Or am I just being dumb for thinking the changelog is just a "This is the stuff I remember" sorta list?
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Post by Zhs2 »

1.2a includes 1.2, yes. This was a number of Hexen fixes on top of all the great suggestions people have made that have been seriously considered, and thus all of the improvements of the 1.2 version have been kept.
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

PillowBlaster wrote:
I am not quite sure how I could modify monster's aggressiveness without actually touching the monsters, if I can be honest. I'm afraid that setting the fast monsters on already makes sure that they'll spam you to death. I could however remove the no pain, and perhaps nerf player's damage indeed... OR JUST KEEP IT AS IT IS, AND NERF PLAYER'S DAMAGE. YOU ALL SHOULD DIEEEEEEEE~! (Just kidding. I'll see if what I could do about it.)

And so far, the question about nerfing the minigun seems to be... quite answered. Sorry, challenge lovers - this mod will most likely stay boring and ridiculous as it is. :P
Regarding monster aggressiveness...:

Code: Select all

Skill NeedsMoreHumanBlood
{
	SpawnFilter = Hard
	Name = "I Need To Bleed More"
	TextColor = DarkRed
	MustConfirm = "Faster and angrier than UV, if you can't get enough pain."
	ReplaceActor = "Backpack", "BackpackSpawner"
	Aggressiveness = 0.025
	FastMonsters
}

Skill DieWell
{
	SpawnFilter = Nightmare
	Name = "Highway To Hell"
	TextColor = Red
	MustConfirm = "Nightmare mode, swapping pure rage for respawns. Are you ready to die?"
	ReplaceActor = "Backpack", "BackpackSpawner"
	MonsterHealth = 1.5
	Aggressiveness = 0.05
	AmmoFactor = 2
	FastMonsters
	//NoPain
}
Two of Helsturm's difficulties, sporting more aggressive creatures, from the ZMAPINFO lump. Just know that aggressiveness scales pretty extremely - hence the extremely low values shown here.

You have been warned, PB, along with all who will Trailblaze.
Patriot1776

Post by Patriot1776 »

Has anybody made a graphics enhancement pack for Heretic/Hexen that compares to Heretic++ yet does not cause conflicts with weapon packs? I'm wanting to play this with Heretic/Hexen but the the stock decorations in those games are now an eyesore and Heretic++ is causing problems even with Trailblazer after it in the load order.
Alteisen

Post by Alteisen »

I really really dig this mod. Somehow the character reminds me of a gritty Nick Fury lol. But anyway I gotta say, just a tiny bit of suggestion.

Would it be possible to somehow beef up the Cradle and Grave revolvers? I love using them but somehow I feel like they're a bit underpowered.
amv2k9

Post by amv2k9 »

Alteisen wrote:Would it be possible to somehow beef up the Cradle and Grave revolvers? I love using them but somehow I feel like they're a bit underpowered.
They're an infinite-ammo replacement for a melee weapon; there wouldn't be much point in using the Sidekick if the C&G were stronger.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”