[Release] The Trailblazer - 1.5e

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.5e

Postby FelesNoctis » Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:31 pm

Rowsol wrote:Try Precache GL in texture options. For me it makes the levels take a lot longer to load but I personally don't have an issue with the spikebombs, or maybe I'm just used to it.

Unfortunately, doesn't seem to change anything on my end. It's so strange. It's not just spikebombs either, it's pretty much any explosion, regardless of any other factors I've tested to date.
User avatar
FelesNoctis
 
Joined: 18 Apr 2020
Discord: Feles Noctis#9086
Github ID: FelesNoctis
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.5e

Postby Tesculpture » Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:27 pm

One bug I've noticed, once again concerning the Uranium Shot-enhanced puffs for the Eliminator: The explosions no longer have dynamic lights after the Eliminator receives its tinker-upgrade.
User avatar
Tesculpture
 
Joined: 07 Feb 2016

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.5e

Postby Nems » Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:49 pm

openroadracer wrote:
DoomKrakken wrote:- Scrap Gun: introduce a new weapon to the fray that runs directly off of your scrap supply.
Something to think about for cases of particularly long mapsets with lots of backpacks and/or bosses. When you run out of things to craft, you're basically stuck either A) spamming 2 Bore shells to use up your scrap crafting them; or B) repeatedly crafting the "Armored Measures" blueprint so you can clear up scrap from your inventory. Having a weapon that directly used scrap as ammo would be useful.
Spoiler:


I'd actually been thinking about this as well. I too have had instances where I'd have too much scrap after crafting everything related to blueprints and I either end up crafting ammo for the higher tier weapons or using the Armored Measures blueprint. Why not have blueprints for some of the consumables? Radsuit comes to mind as being handy to have in my inventory at all times. Or blueprints for making backpacks (at least until you reach the max ammo cap where you can't expand the cap anymore).
User avatar
Nems
"small monster loops"
 
Joined: 12 Jan 2005
Location: Your forum thread
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.5e

Postby openroadracer » Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:01 am

Nems wrote:I'd actually been thinking about this as well. I too have had instances where I'd have too much scrap after crafting everything related to blueprints and I either end up crafting ammo for the higher tier weapons or using the Armored Measures blueprint. Why not have blueprints for some of the consumables? Radsuit comes to mind as being handy to have in my inventory at all times. Or blueprints for making backpacks (at least until you reach the max ammo cap where you can't expand the cap anymore).
Also, why not Jetpack fuel? We can convert scrap metal into whiskey.
User avatar
openroadracer
 
Joined: 23 Sep 2019
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.5e

Postby rotts » Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:43 am

Found a bug... once you get the double Fleshrends (not sure if this is with or without the extra barrel upgrade), you keep picking up the shotguns dropped by the shotgunners even when your ammo is full.

Other question, is the movement alterations mod (w/ or without jetpack ability) available separately?
rotts
 
Joined: 11 Jan 2022

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.5e

Postby openroadracer » Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:39 am

rotts wrote:Found a bug... once you get the double Fleshrends (not sure if this is with or without the extra barrel upgrade), you keep picking up the shotguns dropped by the shotgunners even when your ammo is full.
Actually, shotguns dropped by enemy shotgunners give a golden DEM Shell when picked up.

Once you're full on those, you'll stop collecting dropped Fleshrends.
User avatar
openroadracer
 
Joined: 23 Sep 2019
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.5e

Postby Rodman909 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:08 pm

I encountered a bug when playing this mod with Doom 64 Consolation Prize. In MAP02, the blue key disappears when you lower the lift that it's on. Normally, it comes to rest on another pillar after teleporting around a bit, but here it teleported a few times then disappeared.
Rodman909
 
Joined: 07 May 2020
Discord: #5312
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.5e

Postby BoneofMalkav » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:10 pm

Rodman909 wrote:I encountered a bug when playing this mod with Doom 64 Consolation Prize. In MAP02, the blue key disappears when you lower the lift that it's on. Normally, it comes to rest on another pillar after teleporting around a bit, but here it teleported a few times then disappeared.


I think that's more of an issue with Consolation Prize's version of Doom 64 itself then Trailblazer, I've seen that same issue happen with Guncaster and even DoomRLA as well.
User avatar
BoneofMalkav
Jesus Builds That Dang A Lang a Ding Dang Dong Hotrod Yo
 
Joined: 22 May 2014
Location: It's Never Worth The Risk
Discord: BoneofMalkav #5547
Twitch ID: BoneofMalkav
Github ID: boneofmalkav
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Captain J, nazakomu, Sangelothi and 7 guests