[Release] The Trailblazer - 1.5e

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Tesculpture

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.5e

Post by Tesculpture »

One bug I've noticed, once again concerning the Uranium Shot-enhanced puffs for the Eliminator: The explosions no longer have dynamic lights after the Eliminator receives its tinker-upgrade.
Nems
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Nems »

openroadracer wrote:
DoomKrakken wrote:- Scrap Gun: introduce a new weapon to the fray that runs directly off of your scrap supply.
Something to think about for cases of particularly long mapsets with lots of backpacks and/or bosses. When you run out of things to craft, you're basically stuck either A) spamming 2 Bore shells to use up your scrap crafting them; or B) repeatedly crafting the "Armored Measures" blueprint so you can clear up scrap from your inventory. Having a weapon that directly used scrap as ammo would be useful.
Spoiler:
I'd actually been thinking about this as well. I too have had instances where I'd have too much scrap after crafting everything related to blueprints and I either end up crafting ammo for the higher tier weapons or using the Armored Measures blueprint. Why not have blueprints for some of the consumables? Radsuit comes to mind as being handy to have in my inventory at all times. Or blueprints for making backpacks (at least until you reach the max ammo cap where you can't expand the cap anymore).
openroadracer
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by openroadracer »

Nems wrote:I'd actually been thinking about this as well. I too have had instances where I'd have too much scrap after crafting everything related to blueprints and I either end up crafting ammo for the higher tier weapons or using the Armored Measures blueprint. Why not have blueprints for some of the consumables? Radsuit comes to mind as being handy to have in my inventory at all times. Or blueprints for making backpacks (at least until you reach the max ammo cap where you can't expand the cap anymore).
Also, why not Jetpack fuel? We can convert scrap metal into whiskey.
rotts

Post by rotts »

Found a bug... once you get the double Fleshrends (not sure if this is with or without the extra barrel upgrade), you keep picking up the shotguns dropped by the shotgunners even when your ammo is full.

Other question, is the movement alterations mod (w/ or without jetpack ability) available separately?
openroadracer
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by openroadracer »

rotts wrote:Found a bug... once you get the double Fleshrends (not sure if this is with or without the extra barrel upgrade), you keep picking up the shotguns dropped by the shotgunners even when your ammo is full.
Actually, shotguns dropped by enemy shotgunners give a golden DEM Shell when picked up.

Once you're full on those, you'll stop collecting dropped Fleshrends.
Rodman909

Post by Rodman909 »

I encountered a bug when playing this mod with Doom 64 Consolation Prize. In MAP02, the blue key disappears when you lower the lift that it's on. Normally, it comes to rest on another pillar after teleporting around a bit, but here it teleported a few times then disappeared.
BoneofMalkav
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by BoneofMalkav »

Rodman909 wrote:I encountered a bug when playing this mod with Doom 64 Consolation Prize. In MAP02, the blue key disappears when you lower the lift that it's on. Normally, it comes to rest on another pillar after teleporting around a bit, but here it teleported a few times then disappeared.
I think that's more of an issue with Consolation Prize's version of Doom 64 itself then Trailblazer, I've seen that same issue happen with Guncaster and even DoomRLA as well.
Rodman909

Post by Rodman909 »

BoneofMalkav wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:10 pm
Rodman909 wrote:I encountered a bug when playing this mod with Doom 64 Consolation Prize. In MAP02, the blue key disappears when you lower the lift that it's on. Normally, it comes to rest on another pillar after teleporting around a bit, but here it teleported a few times then disappeared.
I think that's more of an issue with Consolation Prize's version of Doom 64 itself then Trailblazer, I've seen that same issue happen with Guncaster and even DoomRLA as well.
I don't have the issue when playing the WAD with any other mod.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Nems wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:49 pm
openroadracer wrote:
DoomKrakken wrote:- Scrap Gun: introduce a new weapon to the fray that runs directly off of your scrap supply.
Something to think about for cases of particularly long mapsets with lots of backpacks and/or bosses. When you run out of things to craft, you're basically stuck either A) spamming 2 Bore shells to use up your scrap crafting them; or B) repeatedly crafting the "Armored Measures" blueprint so you can clear up scrap from your inventory. Having a weapon that directly used scrap as ammo would be useful.
Spoiler:
I'd actually been thinking about this as well. I too have had instances where I'd have too much scrap after crafting everything related to blueprints and I either end up crafting ammo for the higher tier weapons or using the Armored Measures blueprint. Why not have blueprints for some of the consumables? Radsuit comes to mind as being handy to have in my inventory at all times. Or blueprints for making backpacks (at least until you reach the max ammo cap where you can't expand the cap anymore).
There do exist some blueprints for crafting Pisskey and tac-armor, as well as crafting flares. It would be nice to be able to replenish other limited-charge items using scrap, such as radsuits, night vision goggles, jetpack fuel, etc.

I didn't think about crafting backpacks... in theory it kind of makes sense, but it also kind of makes sense why it's not a thing (would likely be waaaaaaay too broken).
Gourry
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Gourry »

Not sure if already mentioned but can't shoot or reload doubleduece weapon when picking it up. The ammo count is still at zero.
This happens in gzdoom 4.8.2 and current use of 4.9.0
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

This is the first I'm hearing about such a problem... I've not had any issues with the Double Deuce on my end.

So what happens exactly? It plays the reload animation but the magazine is still stuck at zero?
Gourry
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Gourry »

DoomKrakken wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:24 pm This is the first I'm hearing about such a problem... I've not had any issues with the Double Deuce on my end.

So what happens exactly? It plays the reload animation but the magazine is still stuck at zero?
Yup, it makes a empty mag sound like it's jammed. I also use it with colorfulhell99a.pk3; loading after it in Zdl. Sometimes it works and most of the time it doesn't with some maps.

Edit: It works again (for now) once I restart gzdoom.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

PillowBlaster, I have a quick question concerning the Conqueror... was the weapon supposed to be picked up for its self-replenishing ammo if you're full on scrap but not full on said mortar ammo?
Irrevenant

Post by Irrevenant »

I tried this on Extermination Day and picking up keys very reliably gives me VM Aborts, usually on the second level but sometimes the first. I have to disable the keyhandler to play normally.

I'm also occasionally being hit with a very strange but funny bug where I'll hit the grenade button only for Malcolm to start repeatedly tossing ALL of his grenades without stopping, even after the counter hits zero. Switching weapons stops it.
TheOldKingCole

Post by TheOldKingCole »

So I had an idea for a future update if it ever happens, an option that removes reloading outright, I just find reloading doesn't vibe with me as it does with other people when it come to more fast paced shooters and I know I'm not alone in that.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”