[Release] The Trailblazer - 1.5e

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.5e

Postby Nems » Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:47 pm

In the Automap Options of GZDoom I have it set to always show keys. However, with Trailblazer it doesn't show keys on the automap even with that option on. Is this intentional? No big deal if it is but I wanted to at least bring it up just in case it's a bug. :P
Nems
"small monster loops"

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby worldendDominator » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:48 am

What's a good mapset to run this with? My imagination is limited to BTSX, AV and Hellbound.
worldendDominator

Postby BoneofMalkav » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:51 am

worldendDominator wrote:What's a good mapset to run this with? My imagination is limited to BTSX, AV and Hellbound.

Hell For Leather, Going Down, Somewhere in Time
BoneofMalkav
Jesus Builds That Dang A Lang a Ding Dang Dong Hotrod Yo

Discord: BoneofMalkav #5547
Twitch ID: BoneofMalkav
Github ID: boneofmalkav
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby DoomKrakken » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:29 pm

KeksDose wrote:respect your hustle tho lel

Many thanks, man. :D

KeksDose wrote:and yea, moonspeak is a gift lel one of its purposes is that it only contains all the significant code I wrote, so I can just throw in a text detailing reuse permissions, cuz they're partly different from the rest of the mods (tb, gc and ro each have one such dir). it's like a library of sorts almost!

Oh that's cool... can I know what kinds of things are there? The code's going over my head a little...

BTW, I have a possible bug to report... was it intentional that the PUFFGETSOWNER flag was missing from the Uranium Shot-enhanced Eliminator puffs? If I shoot point-blank at a wall with an Eliminator, it can kill me or deal serious damage.

Another issue... if you're totally out of ammo for a weapon, you can't switch to it... meaning you can't craft ammo for it if you wish to craft ammo for it. Can this be resolved?

I have another suggestion... the Uranium Shot upgrade enhances both the Sidekick's bullets and Eliminators' pellets to become explosive, and the Uranium Shot-enhanced puffs cause the Eliminators to become super overpowered (at max upgrades, I can one-shot anything up to a Mancubus). Might I suggest featuring the upgrade as a general payload upgrade for the Dem Shells ammo, so that it can also enhance the capabilities of Dem Shells both in the Chrome Justice and Conqueror? Or should the Eliminators be nerfed so that they don't totally outshine the Chrome Justice? If the latter, I'd suggest a wider buckshot spread for the Eliminators, since I can pretty much snipe with those things as it stands right now, and I considered the Chrome Justice to be more the sharpshooter's choice due to its super-tight spread.

Yet another suggestion... I mentioned before how I shrank down the Chrome Justice sonic fire projectiles 'cuz they kept hitting walls and being overall useless in closed spaces. I have an idea for making the projectiles actually grow in size as they travel, each tic, so they can actually hit like a cone and be better at hitting things as the projectiles spread out, whilst giving a chance for the projectiles to go and hit something upon firing.
DoomKrakken
All but inactive here on the forums. Contact me on Discord for quicker replies.

Discord: DoomKrakken#2719

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods