[Release] The Trailblazer - 1.5e

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.5c

Postby Linz » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:17 pm

Our lord and savior Trailblazer has resolved the issue already,should come in the next patch or so
Linz

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.5c

Postby PillowBlaster » Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:34 am

To be exact, not Trailblazer but KeksDose, who made even better version of the tilt script a while back that I implemented in it now to fix this issue, so!... Go praise him, Mima and the Moon instead, please~
PillowBlaster

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.5d

Postby PillowBlaster » Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:15 am

Hoo boy, update time - would ya believe it? Not much changes per-se, except for one I think that's pretty major, given I gave Chrome/Auto Justice new life with one tweak.

Spoiler: changelog
PillowBlaster

Postby SiFi270 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:00 am

I'm still having some problems:

• Weapon bobbing is still jittery with seasickness disabled.
  • The jetpack only works if I'm running when I activate it.
  • I'd probably be better of bringing this one to M8f, but something in Trailblazer.pk3 is completely nullifying all of Autoautosave's features.
SiFi270

Postby PillowBlaster » Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:14 am

SiFi270 wrote:I'm still having some problems:

• Weapon bobbing is still jittery with seasickness disabled.
  • The jetpack only works if I'm running when I activate it.
  • I'd probably be better of bringing this one to M8f, but something in Trailblazer.pk3 is completely nullifying all of Autoautosave's features.

-Gotta update the gzd; it's a bug on the engine's side. It will be fixed once 4.6 comes out, or can just grab a dev build.
-Yep, it needs a direction to work, else it won't boost you at all. I should maybe add a block to do nothing instead when that's the case, though.
-Yep, this mod does nothing with autosaves, so its not on me, I'd wager.
PillowBlaster

Postby AstartesCitizen » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:50 am

Execution could not continue.

Script error, "Trailblazer.pk3:menudef.txt" line 11:
Unknown keyword 'Size'

This error pops for Guncaster too, yet the previous Trailblazer version where the weapon bobbing jittering was very rampant it lauched without issue, except for the latter.
AstartesCitizen
"The Emperor Protects"

Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 32-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Postby PillowBlaster » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:41 am

AstartesCitizen wrote:Execution could not continue.

Script error, "Trailblazer.pk3:menudef.txt" line 11:
Unknown keyword 'Size'

This error pops for Guncaster too, yet the previous Trailblazer version where the weapon bobbing jittering was very rampant it lauched without issue, except for the latter.

Same deal as above - you should update your gzdoom, that oughta do it.
PillowBlaster

Postby m8f » Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:26 am

I have to report that the issue with Autoautosave is on Trailblazer side, and it causes problems not only with Autoautosave.

The culprit is this line in ZMAPINFO.txt:
Code: Select allExpand view
gameinfo
{
   eventhandlers = "tb_playerhandler"

EventHandlers property specifies event handler list, overriding any existing event handlers, thus disabling any mod that works through an event handler and that is loaded before Trailblazer.

Changing this line to AddEventHandlers fixes the issue.
m8f
dreamer

Discord: m8f#0629
Github ID: mmaulwurff
Operating System: Debian-like Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, etc) 64-bit

Postby [v_nash] Chillrend » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:45 am

This mod is simple and intuitive. I would say that it will suit anyone and you can play with it in any WAD that it can run with. Very pleased with the player mobility, and weapons feels quite pleasant, moderately diverse and very accurate. I especially like the accuracy of weapon: your accuracy is really rewarded, and if there was a miss, it was you who missed, and not some random/large spread of shotgun pellets. A good balance is also very pleasant, as well as a greater number of difficulty levels, due to which you can almost perfectly customize the game for yourself and not feel bored or excessive complexity. Although I've only played this mod solo so far, I'm sure it would be a lot of fun to play with friends. In my opinion, the mod turned out great and I will play it again. And of course OH YES MORE CIGARETTES SMOKING AND BRUTALITY
[v_nash] Chillrend

Discord: Chillrend#8907
Twitch ID: virao_nash
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby PillowBlaster » Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:24 am

m8f wrote:I have to report that the issue with Autoautosave is on Trailblazer side, and it causes problems not only with Autoautosave.

The culprit is this line in ZMAPINFO.txt:
gameinfo
{
   eventhandlers = "tb_playerhandler"

EventHandlers property specifies event handler list, overriding any existing event handlers, thus disabling any mod that works through an event handler and that is loaded before Trailblazer.

Changing this line to AddEventHandlers fixes the issue.

Hmm, I guess that'll do, thanks; sorry for assuming it was on your side, but I wouldn't connect the dots, lol.
PillowBlaster

Postby Gourry » Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:34 pm

Any gzdoom limits? I can't play it on 4.3.3 or 4.4.2, but I can only play it on 4.5.0.

Found out by accident that you can drink toxic barrel waste and damage your enemies with it. Pretty nice.
Gourry

Postby Netheritor » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:03 am

I really want this mod also has ally too. Maybe a spider bot? A fast one that seeking enemies first then follow you after no enemy in vicinity.

It also because RO has tank and rocket turret, GC has the shadow and the mini dragon. TB doesn't has any ally.

Edit: Nevermind my above comment for GC. My GC version is 3.666, not updated yet.
Netheritor

Postby Vphurple Izumi » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:32 am

Great mod,
but one thing I would love to see added if possible that is sharing upgraded weapons,
what I mean by than is some time playing with my friends one of use gets lot more junk than the other,
and so we would like to upgrade a weapon and drop it to the other player, but the other player doesn't get the upgraded weapon nor the even like 20/60 junk put in it.
The player who pick up the weapon gets nothing but the default weapon no upgrades or upgrade points put into it, but the player who dropped it can pick it up and get it maxed out or such.

Hopefully its not too difficulty to add at least i don't think so, but then again i don't know much

If important played through
GzDOOM v4.5.0
DOOM II Hell on earth
Vanguard
The Trailblazer 1.5d
Vphurple Izumi
Mod it, till it crashes

Discord: Vphurple Izumi#2117
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Blackgrowl » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:23 am

Just wanted to share a tip: If you enable "View Tilt" and set everything to 0, you'll have none of those "jittery" weapons.
Have noticed nothing else different, except maybe the up-and-down is a bit more severe but that could be a nocebo.
Blackgrowl
I'm getting too old for everything but Doom

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Zhs2 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:45 am

Mod_till_crash wrote:Great mod,
but one thing I would love to see added if possible that is sharing upgraded weapons,
what I mean by than is some time playing with my friends one of use gets lot more junk than the other,
and so we would like to upgrade a weapon and drop it to the other player, but the other player doesn't get the upgraded weapon nor the even like 20/60 junk put in it.
The player who pick up the weapon gets nothing but the default weapon no upgrades or upgrade points put into it, but the player who dropped it can pick it up and get it maxed out or such.

Hopefully its not too difficulty to add at least i don't think so, but then again i don't know much

You cannot drop partial upgrade tokens for other players, those are marked undroppable. You also cannot drop blueprint upgrades. You can, however, drop full primary upgrades to another player, but it must be done manually. Use this list of token names to know what to drop for other people:
Macheterang:     MacheteUpgrade
SpikeBomb:       PipeUpgrade
Sidekick:        SideUpgrade
Colts:           ColtsUpgrade
Fleshrends:      RendUpgrade
ChromeJustice:   ChromeUpgrade
Eliminators:     EliminatorUpgrade
FMG:             FMGUpgrade
Leadspitters:    LeadUpgrade
Patriarch:       PattyUpgrade
Bitchmaker:      BitchUpgrade