[Release] The Trailblazer - 1.4c, Slow yourself down

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.4c, Slow yourself down

Postby openroadracer » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:53 am

Burly Jim wrote:I've been playing this mod for something like a year, and I only just found out you can punch, thanks to a powerup blueprint...but I don't actually know *how*to punch. I can't seem to find it in the options-I'd figured it would have been near quick machete/quick spikebomb. Can anyone help?
"Zoom" button.
openroadracer

Discord: Dump The Trump#5789
Operating System: Windows Vista/7 64-bit
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.4c, Slow yourself down

Postby openroadracer » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:13 pm

I know I'm double-posting here, but I've got a minor little question...

You see, there's an option in the "Blaze-It Stuff" menu to make it where Rocket Launcher spawns can be replaced by either the Bitchmaker alone, the Patriarch alone, either at random, or both. My idea would be to expand that to both the FMG/Leadspitter as Chaingun replacements and the Fleshrend/Chrome Justice as Shotgun replacements. Maybe have these options ONLY effect placed weapons in maps instead of drops from killed enemies; but there are some mapsets like DooMed Space Wars that seem to completely lack placed Chainguns, and therefore don't allow access to the FMG. Likewise, say you're playing the 1993 original DooM or Ultimate DooM: you have no access to either the Chrome Justice(no Super Shotguns) or the Leadspitter(no Chaingunners).

You know, maybe that bit about Shotguns specifically could be made into its own thing that randomly replaces placed Shotguns on maps with Super Shotguns, though it might kinda require DooM II to work... Good thing I've got Steam's DooM Classic Complete, at least.
openroadracer

Discord: Dump The Trump#5789
Operating System: Windows Vista/7 64-bit
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods