[Release] The Trailblazer - 1.4c, Slow yourself down

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.4c, Slow yourself down

Postby affandede » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:17 pm

Scrap are not being picked up in the latest version of GZDoom. Well, you can pick them up but it doesn't count towards your scrap meter and you can't upgrade your weapons.
User avatar
affandede
 
Joined: 11 Nov 2017

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.4c, Slow yourself down

Postby Nems » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:48 pm

affandede wrote:Scrap are not being picked up in the latest version of GZDoom. Well, you can pick them up but it doesn't count towards your scrap meter and you can't upgrade your weapons.


I just checked to see if I'm having this issue and I was able to upgrade the Cradle & Grave handguns with no issues. Check to see if you've deactivated crafting in the Blaze It Stuff menu. Also, what level set are you playing this with and are you using any other mods with Trailblazer?
User avatar
Nems
Wait what
 
Joined: 12 Jan 2005
Location: I don't even

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.4c, Slow yourself down

Postby affandede » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:23 pm

Nems wrote:
affandede wrote:Scrap are not being picked up in the latest version of GZDoom. Well, you can pick them up but it doesn't count towards your scrap meter and you can't upgrade your weapons.


I just checked to see if I'm having this issue and I was able to upgrade the Cradle & Grave handguns with no issues. Check to see if you've deactivated crafting in the Blaze It Stuff menu. Also, what level set are you playing this with and are you using any other mods with Trailblazer?


Checked if "deactivate crafting" option is set to on but no, it was set to off. Tried it without any additional mods or addons on vanilla doom 2. Still the same. Talon's fixpack doesn't help either. Which version of gzdoom are you using, Nems?
User avatar
affandede
 
Joined: 11 Nov 2017

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.4c, Slow yourself down

Postby Nems » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:23 pm

affandede wrote:
Nems wrote:
affandede wrote:Scrap are not being picked up in the latest version of GZDoom. Well, you can pick them up but it doesn't count towards your scrap meter and you can't upgrade your weapons.


I just checked to see if I'm having this issue and I was able to upgrade the Cradle & Grave handguns with no issues. Check to see if you've deactivated crafting in the Blaze It Stuff menu. Also, what level set are you playing this with and are you using any other mods with Trailblazer?


Checked if "deactivate crafting" option is set to on but no, it was set to off. Tried it without any additional mods or addons on vanilla doom 2. Still the same. Talon's fixpack doesn't help either. Which version of gzdoom are you using, Nems?


4.1.3.

viewtopic.php?t=64964
User avatar
Nems
Wait what
 
Joined: 12 Jan 2005
Location: I don't even

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.4c, Slow yourself down

Postby affandede » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:32 pm

Odd.
User avatar
affandede
 
Joined: 11 Nov 2017

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.4c, Slow yourself down

Postby Somagu » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:51 pm

Are you sure you're using the right hud? Scrap is only visible on the hud that shows the mugshot, not the two packs of cigarettes.
User avatar
Somagu
 
Joined: 23 Nov 2013

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.4c, Slow yourself down

Postby affandede » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:35 am

I am using the hud with mugshot, with scrapometer and all. Even after picking some scrap (seeing its pickup message), the meter stays on zero. However, IDFA'ing gives you scrap and fills your meter.
User avatar
affandede
 
Joined: 11 Nov 2017

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.4c, Slow yourself down

Postby Somagu » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:34 am

The meter doesn't change when you pick up scrap, which is why I asked. That's just the progress meter for the current weapon, which is applied manually from the inventory. Carried scrap is a completely different value.
User avatar
Somagu
 
Joined: 23 Nov 2013

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.4c, Slow yourself down

Postby affandede » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:18 am

I am throwing my hat in the ring to be titled as The Dumbass of ZDoom Forums.
User avatar
affandede
 
Joined: 11 Nov 2017

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.4c, Slow yourself down

Postby SCAPPELLOTTO » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:17 am

can we expect any major update for this mod in the near future?
SCAPPELLOTTO
 
Joined: 06 Jun 2019
Discord: KAPPE#8597
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.4c, Slow yourself down

Postby Jezze » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:51 pm

I just found out about this great gameplay mod. Shame on me...

Currently I play Trailblazer with the episodic map-pack Eviternity and I noticed something strange right in the first map of the first episode.

Here is a screenshot that shows some sprites of the shotgun floating/jumping in the air and in motion it looks like they are firing. I couldn't reproduce this problem with other mods that change the weapons, therefore I think it could be a bug of Trailblazer. Maybe you can take a look?

Anyway, Trailblazer is a fantastic mod. Keep up the great work!
Jezze
 
Joined: 24 Jun 2019
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.4c, Slow yourself down

Postby Talon1024 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:31 pm

That's because the raindrop sprites in Eviternity and the Fleshrend shotgun sprites in Trailblazer use the same prefix (RNDR).
Talon1024
 
 
 
Joined: 28 Jun 2016
Github ID: Talon1024
Operating System: Debian-like Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, Kali, Mint, etc) 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.4c, Slow yourself down

Postby Nems » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:23 pm

I encountered that issue as well. Turning off the weather effects in Eviternity is what I did to keep from running into that graphical glitch.

You may have to edit Eviternity in SLADE to get access to the weather effects though due to the following:

m8f wrote:"MENUDEF" lump is named "MENUDEF_" instead, and GZDoom doesn't recognize it as a menu lump. Renaming it to "MENUDEF" with Slade enables the weather toggle options menu.
User avatar
Nems
Wait what
 
Joined: 12 Jan 2005
Location: I don't even

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.4c, Slow yourself down

Postby Jezze » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:09 pm

Thank you very much for the advice!

I modified the Eviternity WAD and renamed the texture RANDA0 to RAINA0 and applied the changes to the ZSCRIPT file.
Jezze
 
Joined: 24 Jun 2019
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.4c, Slow yourself down

Postby Captain J » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:34 am

Recently played this mod again with D-TST map pack. I still can see the taste and awesomeness behind the mod! I'm still having fun and i would like to talk about some suggestions and feedback that i never mentioned before:
Spoiler: and-this-is-how-it-gooooooes
And that's about it! It's an honour to play Trailblazer again. I'm having Blazing fun with it! So keep up the good work :D

EDIT: Added more feedback!
User avatar
Captain J
'OH YE'
 
 
 
Joined: 02 Oct 2012
Location: Secret Chamber
Discord: DiscussJ#3128

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: lwks, Officer D, Samarai1000, SpacemanStrife and 20 guests