[Release] The Trailblazer - 1.5e

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.4a, Why can't this be love

Postby Ts879 » Sat May 20, 2017 12:06 pm

A suggestion. Why not have the Spontaneous Freedom upgrade make the leadspitters only shoot those rockets? Kinda like a gyro jet pistol.
Ts879

Postby twelvenipon » Sat May 20, 2017 12:41 pm

ChromeJusticeSonicfire projectiles spawns too much on right, which cause unable to hit target if player try shoot near wall from right
PC2F AAAAAAA 0 A_FireCustomMissile("ChromeJusticeSonicfire",frandom(6.0,-6.0),0,11,4,FPF_NOAUTOAIM,frandom(2.0,-2.0))
twelvenipon

Postby PillowBlaster » Sat May 20, 2017 1:18 pm

Ts879 wrote:A suggestion. Why not have the Spontaneous Freedom upgrade make the leadspitters only shoot those rockets? Kinda like a gyro jet pistol.

It would lag way too much due to particle overdose, and it would make it too good on its own. Plus it would lose the hitscan capabilities.

twelvenipon wrote:ChromeJusticeSonicfire projectiles spawns too much on right, which cause unable to hit target if player try shoot near wall from right
PC2F AAAAAAA 0 A_FireCustomMissile("ChromeJusticeSonicfire",frandom(6.0,-6.0),0,11,4,FPF_NOAUTOAIM,frandom(2.0,-2.0))

Same goes for every other weapon. Won't move them, as then their origin point won't match the barrels. As much as it's mostly an aesthetic thing, I don't feel like dealing with it by centering all projectiles.
PillowBlaster

Postby DoomKrakken » Sat May 20, 2017 11:38 pm

The problem has nothing to do with how far to the right the projectiles spawn. It actually has to do with their fairly large radius/height. The sonic fire has a radius of 11 units, which means each projectile has a width of 22 units. It also has a height of 7 units. If you centered the offsets of the projectiles (which by the way would make it look like the Trailblazer himself is spitting fire while his gun is spontaneously heating up), it'd change nothing. I'd think if you'd really want to change something, you'd want to change the radius and height of the projectiles. Unfortunately, that means that the projectiles themselves will have less of a chance of hitting enemies, and won't spend as much time ripping through enemies... thereby decreasing overall damage. I haven't tested this, though, but I believe that it might not decrease the overall damage by that much, since the trails that the sonic fire spawns leave explosions.
DoomKrakken
All but inactive here on the forums. Contact me on Discord for quicker replies.

Discord: DoomKrakken#2719

Postby Ts879 » Sun May 21, 2017 2:51 am

PillowBlaster wrote:
Ts879 wrote:A suggestion. Why not have the Spontaneous Freedom upgrade make the leadspitters only shoot those rockets? Kinda like a gyro jet pistol.

It would lag way too much due to particle overdose, and it would make it too good on its own. Plus it would lose the hitscan capabilities.

twelvenipon wrote:ChromeJusticeSonicfire projectiles spawns too much on right, which cause unable to hit target if player try shoot near wall from right

Same goes for every other weapon. Won't move them, as then their origin point won't match the barrels. As much as it's mostly an aesthetic thing, I don't feel like dealing with it by centering all projectiles.

Welp then get ride of some of the particles effects. This mod needs rocket launcher smgs bro. Or have the rocket launching more consistent. Like shoots a rocket after every 3 or 5 rounds fired. Anyways just a suggestion
Ts879

Postby PillowBlaster » Sun May 21, 2017 5:54 am

Ts879 wrote:Welp then get ride of some of the particles effects. This mod needs rocket launcher smgs bro. Or have the rocket launching more consistent. Like shoots a rocket after every 3 or 5 rounds fired. Anyways just a suggestion

I already had cut 50% of the particles there before the release. If I'll cut them any further, then it will cease looking what I wanted it to be. And no, I wanted it to be fired at random - else it won't be spontaneous.

DoomKrakken wrote:The problem has nothing to do with how far to the right the projectiles spawn. It actually has to do with their fairly large radius/height.

No, it's the core of the problem here.
PillowBlaster

Postby Ts879 » Sun May 21, 2017 11:43 am

PillowBlaster wrote:
Ts879 wrote:Welp then get ride of some of the particles effects. This mod needs rocket launcher smgs bro. Or have the rocket launching more consistent. Like shoots a rocket after every 3 or 5 rounds fired. Anyways just a suggestion

I already had cut 50% of the particles there before the release. If I'll cut them any further, then it will cease looking what I wanted it to be. And no, I wanted it to be fired at random - else it won't be spontaneous.

DoomKrakken wrote:The problem has nothing to do with how far to the right the projectiles spawn. It actually has to do with their fairly large radius/height.

No, it's the core of the problem here.

Alright I get it chief it's your mod. So you do whatever you want with it. Another suggestion I have would be to have a dedicated sniper rifle replace the FMG sniper mode. It can have its own ammo. Be semi automatic with a small clip of 8 or 10. The upgrade could make it full auto with slow RPM and a extended mag of 15. The blue print can be a penetrating round that goes through multiple enemies and a layer of wall.

You could also replace the FMG upgrade with something else. Like Ricochet rounds. Again just an idea. You don't have to like it.
Ts879

Postby Zhs2 » Sun May 21, 2017 11:46 am

Ts879 wrote:Passive-aggressive idea shoving

Zhs2
Power of meh.

Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Postby Ts879 » Sun May 21, 2017 11:49 am

Zhs2 wrote:
Ts879 wrote:Passive-aggressive idea shoving

Yes thank you for noticing.
Ts879

Postby erni945 » Sun May 21, 2017 2:35 pm

Pillow, I have a question, can you just fix the replacement of items in hexen and release this fixed version again? If not then of course I will understand it
erni945

Postby DoomN00b » Sun May 21, 2017 3:22 pm

Currently trying out Trailblazer 1.4a and it's rockin'!

There's a couple of things I'm curious about though - apparently you can upgrade your guns for even greater mass-murder-potential - how does one do that??

Another note, what would everyone consider to be a good map-set to play the game with? Currently using "Going Down", myself, with good results.

But it would be cool to have some sort of officially packed in map-pack, methinks... a bit like how Brutal Doom has the Starter Pack.

SO! What would a potential Blazer-pack look like??

I figure it could have enemies based on the units in Red Alert 2 used as the basis!

http://cnc.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Red_ ... et_Arsenal

1. Conscript
(Sergeant zombie-reskin)

2. Cyber Attack Dog
(instead of pinkies, new harrasser enemy)

3. Tesla Trooper (machinegunner reskin, now shoots electricity)

And so on... I'll expulge more on this tomorrow.
DoomN00b

Postby sycspysycspy » Thu May 25, 2017 4:10 am

DoomKrakken wrote:Isn't the Chrome Justice supposed to get its ammo increase via its upgrade, and not the backpack?

I am not sure but it seems all the other weapons get more ammo cap with backpack except chrom justice.
sycspysycspy

Postby erni945 » Thu May 25, 2017 5:51 am

I found an error in hexen, after pressing the keyboard shortcut into the jet pack does not work fast jump up
erni945

Postby DoomKrakken » Thu May 25, 2017 6:52 pm

The Chrome Justice's shell ammo (not magazine capacity) also gets an ammo boost with the backpacks. Your "Dem Shells" capacity is always equivalent to 1/3 of the capacity for your standard shells.

And no, weapons do not get extra magazine capacity from picking up backpacks. Ammo capacity increases, but not magazine capacity.
DoomKrakken
All but inactive here on the forums. Contact me on Discord for quicker replies.

Discord: DoomKrakken#2719

Postby Ryuhi » Sun May 28, 2017 12:37 pm

another small glitch I noticed: if you throw machetes while you have ammo junkie active, it seems to secretly add them to your ammo capacity when you get to the next level (still retaining the maximum of 4)
Ryuhi

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods