[Release] The Trailblazer - 1.5e

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
DoomKrakken

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.4, Welcome to Explodistan

Post by DoomKrakken »

PillowBlaster wrote:Using that gun against lost souls sounds like a ridiculous waste, and it's powerful enough as it is in current setup already. If you wanna disperse a horde of those, you've got spike bombs and other explosives for that.
Still, it'd be nice if it had vertical spread anyway. I can see other situations where the vertical spread would be useful. Plus it makes it look damn awesome. :)
Carbine Dioxide

Post by Carbine Dioxide »

It's only a waste when you have about 60 2 Bore shells and you don't use them. That's why I like to kill the puniest things with it, plus the knock back is hilarious.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Is anyone else getting a HUD face stuck in attack mode?
Dalse

Post by Dalse »

What is a good combo of map and enemy wads with Trailblazer in your opnion , guys? Specially ones that can give you some challenges?
Nems
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Nems »

Dalse wrote:What is a good combo of map and enemy wads with Trailblazer in your opnion , guys? Specially ones that can give you some challenges?
As far as enemy WADs go I use a combination of Colorful Hell with LegenDoom Lite. Having a legendary black spawn is a great way to ramp up the challenge. In my playthrough of Ultimate Doom 2 I had a black specter spawn that was legendary and it took me a good 3 minutes to kill the damn thing. :D
mutator

Post by mutator »

aaliens isn't good... it is replacing some items from trailblazer
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

load it before TB...
Cryomundus

Post by Cryomundus »

I know I've talked about that thing, but I think I should at least show that it actually, ya know, EXISTS.

Technically it's not just for TB, it's really for pretty much ANY weapons mod, though full compatibility is not a guarantee. It was however, started because I really, REALLY wanted something like this for TB. Then I saw Project Brutality's dynamic spawner and basically went "HOLY SHIT THAT'S AWESOME I'M GONNA MAKE MY OWN." And cue this thing.

Soooo have a thing of a REALLY FREAKING BIG thing I've been working on. Been fiddling with stuff whenever I get the chance, and I've still got a LOT of stuff to add. (and permissions to get for a number of sprites that I've dug up.)

Oh, and yes, it currently exists in a fully playable state(Replacements for all monsters, 3 tiers for each monster, some variants within that, and some bonusey type monsters too), but it's still way to WIP-ey for me to want to show it off properly. (keeping this thing organized is a bit of a pain, really.)
ATBsneakpeek.png
(Yes you are in fact looking at a dynamic spawner script that changes what spawns you get based on what map you are in. And yes, it works juuuust fine.) :P
Oh, and it also works with things like Dump3, though you'll be getting random spawns for maps later than map30.
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Post by Zhs2 »

You could save a lot of repetition and text with a little more ingenuity, here - I'm assuming it works based on map number, but still...

Code: Select all

TBDynSpawner:
    TNT1 A 1 A_JumpIf(ACS_ExecuteWithResult(1479) <= 10, "TBEarlyMapSpawn") // You don't need to compare against every single number unless you want a different spawner for every map.
    TNT1 A 1 A_JumpIf(ACS_ExecuteWithResult(1479) <= 15, "TBEarlyorMidSpawns") // The logic being that this point will never be reached if the previous condition is already fulfilled.
    TNT1 A 1 A_JumpIf(ACS_ExecuteWithResult(1479) <= 20, "TBMidMapSpawn")
    TNT1 A 1 A_JumpIf(ACS_ExecuteWithResult(1479) <= 25, "TBMidOrEndSpawns")
    TNT1 A 1 A_JumpIf(ACS_ExecuteWithResult(1479) < 30, "TBEndMapSpawn")
    Goto TBRandomSpawns // The "else" condition.   
Cryomundus

Post by Cryomundus »

Zhs2 wrote:You could save a lot of repetition and text with a little more ingenuity, here - I'm assuming it works based on map number, but still...

Code: Select all

TBDynSpawner:
    TNT1 A 1 A_JumpIf(ACS_ExecuteWithResult(1479) <= 10, "TBEarlyMapSpawn") // You don't need to compare against every single number unless you want a different spawner for every map.
    TNT1 A 1 A_JumpIf(ACS_ExecuteWithResult(1479) <= 15, "TBEarlyorMidSpawns") // The logic being that this point will never be reached if the previous condition is already fulfilled.
    TNT1 A 1 A_JumpIf(ACS_ExecuteWithResult(1479) <= 20, "TBMidMapSpawn")
    TNT1 A 1 A_JumpIf(ACS_ExecuteWithResult(1479) <= 25, "TBMidOrEndSpawns")
    TNT1 A 1 A_JumpIf(ACS_ExecuteWithResult(1479) < 30, "TBEndMapSpawn")
    Goto TBRandomSpawns // The "else" condition.      
It was kinda made with the idea that I'll fine tune it later, if I don't wind up adding or changing stuff. I also wanted to be a bit more exact, just to make sure things would work how I wanted too, and that people could also freely modify it to how they wanted it. It's also gotten long enough that I also don't really feel like changing every single spawn to that, and have to test it all over again, just to make sure things worked out how I wanted them too. :oops: I'm aware that it can be made to be much more compact, it's just that's not really how I want it to be, and what with it being text, it's not that much bloat, just somewhat repetitive.
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Post by Zhs2 »

If it's supposed to be systematic, better to need to only keep track of an integer or two than a whole bunch of individual state jump labels, imo. It is true however that the individual approach, while ugly-looking, is more controllable...

Also, as I have been advised - and didn't notice since I don't work with DECORATE often, whoops - that all of your frame durations are 1. Expect increasing amounts of tics before your monsters spawn in consecutive maps.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

At most, one of the frame durations should have a tic delay of 1. The rest should be 0.
Cryomundus

Post by Cryomundus »

Like I said, it's very much WIP. It should be all cleaned up and good to go by the time I actually release it.(and tbh, even then, I'm expecting that other folks are gonna find stuff that I overlooked, it's kinda inevitable, tho no excuse for laziness, just that people look at things differently than you) And yeah, I kinda noticed the increased timespan, it'll get taken care of, don't worry. I suppose lazy-ness and doing them late at night are what to blame for leaving those in.

Controllability is basically what I'm aiming for, as it'll wind up being a bit more specific than just "spawn this tier when in this set of mapnumbers, spawn that when in this, etc".
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

I've an idea for a slight aesthetic modification to the "strip-load" upgrade for the Chrome/Auto Justice...

What if someone created sprites for a shotgun stick-loader? One such sprite is held by the player and is seen when reloading the shotgun. Then, there can be an actor that's just the empty loader falling to the ground...
Spoiler: Here's an example of what it looks like and how it works...

Return to “Gameplay Mods”