[Release] The Trailblazer - 1.5e

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
DoomKrakken

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.4, Welcome to Explodistan

Post by DoomKrakken »

Dutchygamer wrote:Trailblazer_v1.4.pk3
ColourfullHell89.pk3
DoomMidiMetal.pk3
Maybe try loading Trailblazer after Colorful Hell?
Dutchygamer

Post by Dutchygamer »

DoomKrakken wrote:
ColourfullHell89.pk3
DoomMidiMetal.pk3
Been doing some more testing with load orders, and it seems it doesn't matter whether Trailblazer or Colourfull Hell is loaded first (it throws an error both times). However, I was able to finish the first map if I disabled DoomMidiMetal.pk3. Not sure if that is a sign, but I will look into this tomorrow.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Well... judging from the error message, it sounds like there's something up with Trailblazer... but I haven't had an error message like that before, in all my days playing Trailblazer.
Crimsondrgn

Post by Crimsondrgn »

Dutchygamer wrote:
DoomKrakken wrote:
ColourfullHell89.pk3
DoomMidiMetal.pk3
Been doing some more testing with load orders, and it seems it doesn't matter whether Trailblazer or Colourfull Hell is loaded first (it throws an error both times). However, I was able to finish the first map if I disabled DoomMidiMetal.pk3. Not sure if that is a sign, but I will look into this tomorrow.
I had a problem like this, with the unofficial expansion to thatswhatIcallmidi, Oddly I solved it by placing the music above Colorful hell in the load order, at least it seemed to fix it.
Dutchygamer

Post by Dutchygamer »

Crimsondrgn wrote:
Dutchygamer wrote:
DoomKrakken wrote: Maybe try loading Trailblazer after Colorful Hell?
I had a problem like this, with the unofficial expansion to thatswhatIcallmidi, Oddly I solved it by placing the music above Colorful hell in the load order, at least it seemed to fix it.
Tried this, and now it seems not to crash anymore. I was able to play Memento Mori without any crashes until map 6 (after which I quit). The object the game kept crashing on (ChromeJusticeClip) is being randomly dropped from the Colourfull Hell variants without any issues now. Really weird. For those wondering, here's my current load order:
Trailblazer_v1.4.pk3
DoomMidiMetal.pk3
ColourfullHell89.pk3

I will make a mental note that if I ever combine Colourfull Hell and DoomMidiMetal again, that the latter is loaded before the former.
Many thanks for the support guys, and kudos to the various mod makers for making such wonderful mods :)
Cyanide
Spotlight Team

Post by Cyanide »

Great freakin' mod, PillowBlaster!

The only gripe I have, is that I find it hard to know whether a blueprint crafts a weapon modification, an item, a power-up or something else. I don't know if I just have to play it more in order to get to know what creates what.

Also: Found out today that TB also works with Hexen and Heretic. Time to bring the pain!! :D
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

There is a guide to the blueprints in the original post... maybe look there for more info? :)
Cyanide
Spotlight Team

Post by Cyanide »

DoomKrakken wrote:There is a guide to the blueprints in the original post... maybe look there for more info? :)
I know there's a description in the original post, and I know it's a rather nitpicky suggestion. :) I just think it's somewhat of a bummer to have to stop blazin' and navigate to this post everytime I'm about to spend some junk on a blueprint.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

OH! You mean an in-game thing...

My solution was actually to memorize what they all do. It ain't for everyone, but it sure beats looking at a guide! XD
Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

If you enable item names it will name them as you scroll through your inventory, i find it easier to pick them on the fly that way. I know it always gets a bit crowded in there with alchemist's dream
twelvenipon

Post by twelvenipon »

Talon1024 wrote:I updated my fixes:

- HUD is no longer over-sized on recent builds.
- Kinetic Fist no longer makes you pull up two Fleshrends or Leadspitters when you only have one.
- Punch-reloading the Chrome Justice with the Striploader upgrade now works properly.
thanks for that, i also find zoom and unzoom of Sidekick and FMG loop in circle fast, i fix it with add flag +noautofire
PillowBlaster

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.4a, Why can't this be love

Post by PillowBlaster »

WE ARE IN THE BEAM! Since I am knee-deep in things, and was forever since I updated anything, I might as well pull out something smaller for now. Changelog in spoiler as usual. I'll update the OP with the new stuff in a moment.
Spoiler:
Last edited by PillowBlaster on Mon May 15, 2017 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
erni945

Post by erni945 »

PillowBlaster wrote:WE ARE IN THE BEAM! Since I am knee-deep in things, and was forever since I updated anything, I might as well pull out something smaller for now. Changelog in spoiler as usual. I'll update the OP with the new stuff in a moment.
Spoiler:

Impressive changes, today I will try :D
But I have only one question, what version of gzdoom should I use?.official 3.0.0 or svn?
Nems
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Nems »

erni945 wrote:Impressive changes, today I will try :D
But I have only one question, what version of gzdoom should I use?.official 3.0.0 or svn?
As a personal rule of thumb I always have two versions of GZDoom: the official version and the latest SVN. That way if a mod doesn't work with one I can try the other and if it doesn't work with either, THEN I let someone know there may be a bug. :V

Also, yay new TB update! <3 You truly are the gift that keeps on giving, PillowBlaster. :3
Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

holy shit yes. YES.

now I just need to import my hard-as-fuk difficulties i made for the last version :D
Spoiler:
Just in case I ever feel like I have too much health in mods like colorfull hell~

Return to “Gameplay Mods”