[Release] The Trailblazer - 1.5e

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.5b

Post by Captain J »

Try use the console and spawn the eliminator. See if you could pick up the freshly spawned ones. But maybe it's related to custominventory...

EDIT:
TheOldKingCole wrote:That unfortunately didn't work, but If I use eliminatorpickupcount 2 times that works
Custominventory it is. I honestly have no idea how did you pick one up although you have no extra eliminator, but... Hmm
Last edited by Captain J on Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheOldKingCole

Post by TheOldKingCole »

Captain J wrote:Try use the console and spawn the eliminator. See if you could pick up the freshly spawned ones. But maybe it's related to custominventory...
That unfortunately didn't work, but If I use eliminatorpickupcount 2 times that works
TheOneFreeMan

Post by TheOneFreeMan »

Recently in version 1.5b, guns will start saying "this gun has already been upgraded" when I try to upgrade them. This is despite the gun not being upgraded and me having the scrap to do so. Anyone know a fix for this?
erni945

Post by erni945 »

TheOneFreeMan wrote:Recently in version 1.5b, guns will start saying "this gun has already been upgraded" when I try to upgrade them. This is despite the gun not being upgraded and me having the scrap to do so. Anyone know a fix for this?
If you mean that you can't upgrade two eliminators, then I came across this mistake. The only way I can get around is finding a single eliminator, upgrading it and then getting a second one. Then both are improved, though I don't know if it's certainly a good way but so far it is better than none :wink:
Talon1024

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Talon1024 »

PillowBlaster, may I please put out a fixed version of Trailblazer once I'm done working on my fixes?
openroadracer
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by openroadracer »

To anyone it might concern: Setting the "Super Shotgun Replacements" setting in "Blaze-It Stuff" to "Chrome Justice Only" actually makes it where you can pick up two Eliminators. However, on "Both", it doesn't work that way.

Yes, this means that "Chrome Justice Only" actually doesn't work as stated, as I imagine it's doing what "Random" is supposed to do.
TheOneFreeMan

Post by TheOneFreeMan »

erni945 wrote:
TheOneFreeMan wrote:Recently in version 1.5b, guns will start saying "this gun has already been upgraded" when I try to upgrade them. This is despite the gun not being upgraded and me having the scrap to do so. Anyone know a fix for this?
If you mean that you can't upgrade two eliminators, then I came across this mistake. The only way I can get around is finding a single eliminator, upgrading it and then getting a second one. Then both are improved, though I don't know if it's certainly a good way but so far it is better than none :wink:
Its not just with the eliminator, its with all the weapons
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

I had something happen to my dad lately, once things stabilizes and I get my mojo back, I'll see about fixing things up. Apologies for inconvienience.
Tesculpture

Post by Tesculpture »

PillowBlaster wrote:I had something happen to my dad lately, once things stabilizes and I get my mojo back, I'll see about fixing things up. Apologies for inconvienience.
Sorry to hear it. Hope you/your Dad are okay. Take all the time you need.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Tesculpture wrote:
PillowBlaster wrote:I had something happen to my dad lately, once things stabilizes and I get my mojo back, I'll see about fixing things up. Apologies for inconvienience.
I second what they said.
TheOneFreeMan

Post by TheOneFreeMan »

AvzinElkein wrote:
Tesculpture wrote:
I second what they said.
Same man, I hope everything is ok. Best of luck to you.
Yebudoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Yebudoom »

PillowBlaster wrote:I had something happen to my dad lately
I'll echo the other guys and just say, that I hope everything turns out ok. Best of luck to you and your family!
Talon1024

Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Talon1024 »

Since this is my favourite mod, I got permission from PillowBlaster, and I went ahead and did some fixes myself. Hopefully, I got most of the issues people mentioned. If not, I'll see what I can do about the issues people mention here.

Anyways, here's my fixed version of Trailblazer 1.5.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Oh! It's nice and heartwarming to see people are helping one another for doom community. Thanks for the fix! And i also hope Pillow is doing alright.
PillowBlaster

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.5c

Post by PillowBlaster »

I didn't have time to test it all, nor to brush through the thread again to see if I didn't miss anything, but screw it, it's been sitting on my backlog for long enough. A lil' update to fix things up. Changelog below. If something's still off, my apologies for that.
Spoiler: changelog

Return to “Gameplay Mods”