[Release] The Trailblazer - 1.5e

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Zenon
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.5, Mister Grim Reaper (p.9

Post by Zenon »

Despite playing with the All In option, there still seems to be a limit to how many blueprints I can have. Is this a bug or a feature?
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

The BBC would like to apologize in case those things were already brought up; i got late to the party.

- Skullthrottle music sometimes get stuck; happens while firing and picking something up. Firing the Browning seems to end it. Firing the minigun doesn't.
- Railgun blueprint can be picked up again somehow, and you can't "activate" it a second time as the game says you "are full on this particular item"
- Nutcracker Gloryshot can explode instantly if you shoot it while your back is on a wall.

Suggestion:

- Maybe a "tail" sound for the songs when the skullthrottle stops firing? Like a guitar strum from the end of the song, or anything else.
- A way to hold the Bitchmaker full clip spell, since it has to be calculated.

If i remember anything else, i'll post here.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Oh yeah, i also would like to mention that big projectiles like bore shells and bitchmaker bullets getting stuck when you're too close to the wall, especially to the right.

It's not really gameplay-breakingly bad, though. Just checking if few people had such a problem.
erni945

Post by erni945 »

Hello Pillow, I tried the new version and it's almost perfect, I didn't find any problems in Doom and Heretic but I have some insights regarding the game in Hexen (
Tested on the Tower of Chaos mappack)

1.After collecting all 25 Blastsphere you can still collect them, but their number in your inventory does not increase

2.I got the impression that Conqueror is too often available to get, while nowhere throughout the entire campaign I could not get Double Deuce and FMG. I suspect that this treatment with Conqueror was to get junk easier, but if there could be somewhere between these two weapons to be able to was there somehow to get them?

3.I also got the impression that Eliminator deals less damage after upgrading than before. Is it a deliberate operation or a bug?

4.I couldn't get Jetpack anywhere, and I got some of these backpacks in the Tower of Chaos. Unless Jetpack replaces another item

And one more request.Could you somehow add a blueprint for Hexen and Heretic that would give Hazmat Suit?. Playing these games I noticed that sometimes Hazmat Suit would be useful, especially in Heretic where on some maps is lava itself and takes a lot of health
openroadracer
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by openroadracer »

RE: The Conqueror: It and the other two BFG replacements are all RNG dependent on which one will spawn.

RE: FMG: That one only spawns on placed Chainguns. If there are only Chaingunners or enemies that drop Chainguns but no placed Chainguns, there will be no FMG.

RE: Jetpack: Granted, I've never bothered with Heretic or Hexen, but doesn't the Jetpack replace some kind of flight artifact in those? If I'm wrong, please correct me.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Yeah, about the Conqueror, it consumes way too much ammo while being so powerful. I actually can take that. But i still can use the cannon at the center that regenerates own ammo and it feels like it's way overpowered for hexen.

Also about Heretic, you guys did not replace the Elven Wand yet. I know the original Heretic maps do not have it, but just in case of custom maps, can we have the replacement? Like Pistol.
erni945

Post by erni945 »

openroadracer wrote:RE: FMG: That one only spawns on placed Chainguns. If there are only Chaingunners or enemies that drop Chainguns but no placed Chainguns, there will be no FMG.
I know that. I just don't know where I can get this weapon in Hexen, just like the rest of Double Deuce
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Come to think of it, someone pointed out that Arc of Death is not replaced, and it still is. That gives me an idea: How about give Bitchmaker a retirement from 3-pieces-of-legendary-weapon place and take the Arc of Death role? So then Double Deuce might get a chance to settle in its rightful place.

And let FMG spawn randomly along with Leadspitter, like what Chrome Justice does.
TheOldKingCole

Post by TheOldKingCole »

Captain J wrote:Come to think of it, someone pointed out that Arc of Death is not replaced, and it still is. That gives me an idea: How about give Bitchmaker a retirement from 3-pieces-of-legendary-weapon place and take the Arc of Death role? So then Double Deuce might get a chance to settle in its rightful place.

And let FMG spawn randomly along with Leadspitter, like what Chrome Justice does.
I would love to see that
PillowBlaster

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.5a

Post by PillowBlaster »

It's that time of the year again I update the things for birthday! No new content, just bugfixes and tweaks (and in this case, also alleviating credits issue).

download hier! (EDIT: new download link for a smol fix.) (EDIT2: even newer download with new changelog!)
Spoiler: changelog
Last edited by PillowBlaster on Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

PillowBlaster wrote:-Fixed Macheterang crashing on weapon switch after tossing your last one.
I'm pretty sure the macheterang crash issue are completely, entirely, positively and foolproofly fixed. It's good to go!

Also happy birthday, big man! :D
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

Appreciate all the bug fixes.
Bobby

Post by Bobby »

Bug: It seems that the bfg-tier weapons don't spawn when one is selected in the menu. The uzis also don't spawn on randomized
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

Yeah, I can confirm Bobby's findings.
Small suggestion for follow up patch: Picking up extra colts gives junk.
PillowBlaster

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.5b

Post by PillowBlaster »

Bobby wrote:Bug: It seems that the bfg-tier weapons don't spawn when one is selected in the menu. The uzis also don't spawn on randomized
It works as intended, I just fucked up the naming scheme, the default is "FMG spawn, Uzi drop" - FMG spawns where chainguns spawn, and uzis drop from chaingunners.

The BFG however is screwed up; of course the changes didn't save. Bluh.
Rowsol wrote:Yeah, I can confirm Bobby's findings.
Small suggestion for follow up patch: Picking up extra colts gives junk.
I was thinking about it, but something ultimately made me resign from that idea... if I won't get reminded why, guess I can take another stab at it.

EDIT: since that randomization bug is substantial one, I did a quick-fix. Apologies for inconvienience. Redownload at will.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”