[Release] The Trailblazer - 1.5e

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
AvzinElkein

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.4b, Only fools rush in

Post by AvzinElkein »

For some weird reason, it lets me spend Junk Points on an item that's already upgraded...
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

I need details. Just saying "oh something works funny" doesn't do the cut, cause I won't go through like thirty something upgrades without even knowing what to look for. Which upgrading method? Toolbelt or blueprints? If toolbelt, what weapon, and if blueprints - what blueprint?
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

PillowBlaster wrote:I need details. Just saying "oh something works funny" doesn't do the cut, cause I won't go through like thirty something upgrades without even knowing what to look for. Which upgrading method? Toolbelt or blueprints? If toolbelt, what weapon, and if blueprints - what blueprint?
Toolbelt, and I forgot which gun.
m8f

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro Linux

Post by m8f »

Hello!
I had a minor issue. I'm just leaving a note here if somebody will meet the same problem.
If Trailblazer is loaded with Beautiful Doom (Trailblazer after BD), shotgunguy becomes invisible right before and after firing.
It happens because Trailblazer and Beautiful Doom use the same sprite name SPSR*.
I fixed this locally by replacing "SPSR" in Trailblazer with "SPSZ" in two files:
Spoiler:
That's all, no more problems. I hope there is no more name conflicts.
By the way, it's satisfying to see imps and zombies burn after being shot by Chrome Justice or Bitchmaker.
And thanks for making this great weapon mod, it is great!

Edit: one more note regarding compatibility with Beautiful Doom. Sorry I didn't notice it earlier.
When loading The Trailblazer after Beautiful Doom, for unknown reason Invulnerability sphere remains of Beautiful Doom and is not overwritten with Trailblazer's. So it is isn't affected by Alchemist's Potency and cannot be stored. I don't know why, but adding this line

Code: Select all

ACTOR InvulnerabilitySpawner : InvulsphereItem replaces InvulnerabilitySphere {}
to Decorate/Spawners.txt fixes this issue.
Last edited by m8f on Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
m8f

Post by m8f »

Sorry to bump again, but I have more notes:
  1. Alchemist's Dream: description says "up to three", but currently I'm holding 17 Blastspheres, 2 Ammo Junkies, 2 Soul Spheres, and 2 Blazingspheres, and this is more than 3. Not complaining though :D Maybe the description is not accurate.
    Edit: now I understand. You can story any number of powerups, but no more than 3 of each kind. And Blastspheres are an exception, their limit is 25.
  2. I like very much that Malcolm is smoking. Seriously. It fits so well. These tossed smoked cigarettes constantly remind you who the played character is. One suggestion: maybe decrease cigarette count when cigarette is tossed? I know, 80s action logic, but this could be an incentive to play faster and more aggressively.
  3. If someone finds The Trailblazer weapons too overpowered, CustomDoom may help. Just set PlayerOptions ->Weapon Damage Multiplier to 0.5.
  4. One thing I don't understand, or maybe I'm missing some game mechanics. What is the reason to put spare parts into weapon when there is not enough of spare parts to upgrade the weapon. Example: I can put 19 junk points into not-upgraded Sidekick. Why would I want to do that? I will just keep spare parts in common storage and spend them when I have enough. I can put not enough junk points into a weapon only by mistake. Maybe forbid doing this?
  5. About previous comments and spending junk points. I just checked the toolbelt, and it didn't allow me to spend points the second time on already upgraded weapons. But I somehow acquired the second Tricorne Shot Blueprint when Fleshrend already has third barrel. Also Fleshrend doesn't display "upgrade icon" like other weapons.
    Edit: please disregard this point. It's just me being silly. Sorry.
  6. Maybe it is just me, but I find Plankton's secret sound a bit out of place. It is funny, but I just cannot imagine Malcolm saying that.
And thank you again for lots of hours of fun, PillowBlaster!
Last edited by m8f on Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

m8f wrote:I like very much that Malcolm is smoking. Seriously. It fits so well. These tossed smoked cigarettes constantly remind you who the played character is. One suggestion: maybe decrease cigarette count when cigarette is tossed? I know, 80s action logic, but this could be an incentive to play faster and more aggressively.
I'd argue that the cigarette counter is not how many he's got stored, but how many he's already consumed. He doesn't gain Super Smoker Powers by just carrying the things around, after all; he has to actually smoke them. :P
m8f

Post by m8f »

Well, this explains it :) I didn't think of this because the counter is increased when cigarettes are picked up. Though Malcolm can smoke them instantly, and then return to normal "slow" smoking.
Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

m8f wrote:Sorry to bump again, but I have more notes:
  1. Alchemist's Dream: description says "up to three", but currently I'm holding 17 Blastspheres, 2 Ammo Junkies, 2 Soul Spheres, and 2 Blazingspheres, and this is more than 3. Not complaining though :D Maybe the description is not accurate.
    Edit: now I understand. You can story any number of powerups, but no more than 3 of each kind. And Blastspheres are an exception, their limit is 25.
  2. I like very much that Malcolm is smoking. Seriously. It fits so well. These tossed smoked cigarettes constantly remind you who the played character is. One suggestion: maybe decrease cigarette count when cigarette is tossed? I know, 80s action logic, but this could be an incentive to play faster and more aggressively.
  3. If someone finds The Trailblazer weapons too overpowered, CustomDoom may help. Just set PlayerOptions ->Weapon Damage Multiplier to 0.5.
  4. One thing I don't understand, or maybe I'm missing some game mechanics. What is the reason to put spare parts into weapon when there is not enough of spare parts to upgrade the weapon. Example: I can put 19 junk points into not-upgraded Sidekick. Why would I want to do that? I will just keep spare parts in common storage and spend them when I have enough. I can put not enough junk points into a weapon only by mistake. Maybe forbid doing this?
  5. About previous comments and spending junk points. I just checked the toolbelt, and it didn't allow me to spend points the second time on already upgraded weapons. But I somehow acquired the second Tricorne Shot Blueprint when Fleshrend already has third barrel. Also Fleshrend doesn't display "upgrade icon" like other weapons. Screenshot.
  6. Maybe it is just me, but I find Plankton's secret sound a bit out of place. It is funny, but I just cannot imagine Malcolm saying that.
And thank you again for lots of hours of fun, PillowBlaster!
The 3 item limit is for 3 of a particular sphere, so you can't have 4 Ammo Junkies for example. The exception is Blastsphere, which you can hold... 25 I believe? I know its threshold is much higher.
TB also works pretty well with monster mods that are "unfair" at times, either in terms of difficulty or randomness. Its actually fairly popular to use it with Colorful Hell. I even used it to test the compat patch for Heretical Doom Monsters :D
As for the fleshrend, that is a legit double upgrade (one in normal upgrade, the second in the blueprint.) They stack, so if you have both, you technically have 4 barrels per gun. That said, you can't do the toolbelt upgrade twice to get the same effect.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Yeah, the limit is 25 Blastspheres.
m8f

Post by m8f »

Ryuhi wrote:The 3 item limit is for 3 of a particular sphere, so you can't have 4 Ammo Junkies for example. The exception is Blastsphere
Blastsphere limit made me confused. Now I get it.
Ryuhi wrote:As for the fleshrend, that is a legit double upgrade (one in normal upgrade, the second in the blueprint.) They stack, so if you have both, you technically have 4 barrels per gun. That said, you can't do the toolbelt upgrade twice to get the same effect.
Here, upgrade description made me confused. Compare:
Toolbelt: "Received another barrel".
Blueprint: "Received third underbarrel".
I forgot that I didn't use blueprint on Fleshrend. Then I applied blueprint after toolbelt, and thought "Third? I already have three". Maybe the problem is that I don't know the difference between "barrel" and "underbarrel".

Also I think that Fleshrend is the weapon that was supposedly upgraded "second" time with toolbelt in previous comments.

Thanks for clarification :D
Last edited by m8f on Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

After obtaining the blueprint upgrade and the weapon upgrade for the Fleshrend, you can see that it ejects 4 shells after each shot, whenever you fire the weapon.
erni945

Post by erni945 »

Hello, I am asking you for help because I came across a problem wanting to play on this mod in cheogsh 2. Well when I started the game I did not have with me apart from weapons, I could only use fist and detonator for the spikebombs, then when I had get a weapon, I did not get any weapon only ammunition itself and when I used the command in the console "summon sidekick" yes, I got a gun but when I used the command "summon macheterang" it was already a machette I could pick up but I could not use it, does anyone know how to fix it ?
Talon1024

Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Talon1024 »

Try "summon MacheteAmmo" instead
erni945

Post by erni945 »

Talon1024 wrote:Try "summon MacheteAmmo" instead
Thanks, I used the command "summon macheterang" and later "summon MacheteAmmo" and I could already draw and use a machete, but I am wondering why this is happening, do you know what this may be caused by?
Talon1024

Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Talon1024 »

Macheterang is a weapon that gives no ammo, and MacheteAmmo is the ammo for it. If the weapon does not give ammo, and you already have it, the game will not allow you to pick it up, as there is no point in picking it up.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”