[Release] The Trailblazer - 1.5e

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
PillowBlaster

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.4b, Only fools rush in

Post by PillowBlaster »

Chloroxite wrote:I love this mod alot, especially when paired with colourfulhell. I do have an idea that might be a neat thing to consider in some capacity: Universal elemental damage attachments for weapons. I think it would be pretty neat to be able to apply, say, ice damage to my pistols or fire damage to my shotguns (dragon's breath ftw.) Ice for example could stun enemies for extended periods of time, while fire is a simple dot that maybe could spread between enemies. Poison would be...poison.

Maybe a limit could be only one element can be applied at on time.
You probably can do that in more universal way, now that zscript is a thing, buuuut with a mod that is already heavy in upgrades and features, I think that's not really needed. Maybe another day, with another mod.
Talon1024

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Talon1024 »

Talon1024 wrote:Here's a new version of my fix pack: http://www.ciinet.org/kevin/myimages2/d ... 4b_fix.pk3
  • Fixed un-upgraded single Leadspitter auto-reloading in Hexen
  • Fixed Patriarch and spikebomb damage to other players in deathmatch
  • Fixed dodge speed after respawn/resurrect
  • Fixed Leadspitter spawns in deathmatch
  • Fixed both Fleshrend and Leadspitter pickups in deathmatch
I also created a ZScript HUD for this mod: http://www.ciinet.org/kevin/myimages2/d ... _zshud.pk3
The most notable difference between the SBARINFO HUD and this one is that the colour of the armor number is based on the armor class rather than the amount. It's even on GitHub.
I just updated my fix pack with two more fixes:
  • CJ Punch-reload with Striploader now works properly in Hexen
  • Picking up a Homing Grenades blueprint if Homing Grenades is disabled no longer gives you another Homing Grenades blueprint.
erni945

Post by erni945 »

Pillow, I noticed a bug in hud playing Hexen, you do not see your green,blue mana and spikebombs :?
Goregrinder

Post by Goregrinder »

hey pillowblaster I just wanted to say I really love your mods. they add a really fun way to play doom and the level of detail and quality in them is unreal. the artwork is basically professional quality, and the upgrade system in this and all the spells and stratocasters in guncaster add an extra level of depth and progression to the games that aren't normally there. I love all the little touches you put in here and there too, like how cygnis talks back to the demon guy in hexen, or how the first person hands change when you put on the radsuit, all the stuff like that that other mods don't usually touch.

plus I love cheesy 80s action movies so trailblazer has me covered there. anyway, thanks very much for all the hours of fun, I look forward to whatever you make next.
erni945

Post by erni945 »

Talon1024 wrote:
Talon1024 wrote:Here's a new version of my fix pack: http://www.ciinet.org/kevin/myimages2/d ... 4b_fix.pk3
I also created a ZScript HUD for this mod: http://www.ciinet.org/kevin/myimages2/d ... _zshud.pk3
The most notable difference between the SBARINFO HUD and this one is that the colour of the armor number is based on the armor class rather than the amount. It's even on GitHub.
  • Picking up a Homing Grenades blueprint if Homing Grenades is disabled no longer gives you another Homing Grenades blueprint.

Could you put your patches under new links because the current ones do not work and I can not download?
Talon1024

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Talon1024 »

I don't know what is going on with my server, but here, have some Dropbox links:

Trailblazer_v1.4b_fix.pk3
Trailblazer_v1.4b_zshud.pk3
erni945

Post by erni945 »

Talon1024 wrote:I don't know what is going on with my server, but here, have some Dropbox links:

Trailblazer_v1.4b_fix.pk3
Trailblazer_v1.4b_zshud.pk3

OK, thank you very much :wink:
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Post by Zhs2 »

The files are being read through your server under some variety of text mimetype, which results in a page full of gibberish. Most people would see that and not know saving the page to their hard drive would give them the actual file, hence the confusion...
erni945

Post by erni945 »

erni945 wrote:Pillow, I noticed a bug in hud playing Hexen, you do not see your green,blue mana and spikebombs :?

Can anyone help me to solve this problem?
iSpook

Post by iSpook »

Hey Pillow: I've been playing TB using -host 1 (basically emulating a multiplayer game), and the blueprints that usually disappear when used (Aka: NOT the flare, Whiskey and armor blueprints) aren't removed when used and you have the upgrade already.

Figured I'd let you know, even if it'd be a bitch to fix.
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Post by Zhs2 »

This was done intentionally, to allow blueprints to be shared between players (i.e. dropped and recollected).
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

^
This should probably be mentioned somewhere in the OP. It is indeed a useful strategy. :)
Lime

Post by Lime »

erni945 wrote:
Talon1024 wrote:

Could you put your patches under new links because the current ones do not work and I can not download?
-for some reason, the hud has bugs.
  • the full health (100), the number "one" has spaced out to the left.
  • also the bar is not arranged. it was supposed to be next to the weapon icon and the bottom is the limit of how much junk needed to upgrade.
erni945

Post by erni945 »

I created a tiny mutator that only changed the sound of the sidekick to be more pronounced, if someone got bored or does not respond to the current sound then maybe try this :wink:
Attachments
NewSidekickSound.pk3
(9.83 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
NihalRahman

Post by NihalRahman »

erni945 wrote:I created a tiny mutator that only changed the sound of the sidekick to be more pronounced, if someone got bored or does not respond to the current sound then maybe try this :wink:
And if that doesnt satistify you......( im sorry )

Awaken your inner Rambo

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1i4y9 ... sp=sharing

Return to “Gameplay Mods”