[Release] The Trailblazer - 1.5e

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Lime

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.4b, Only fools rush in

Post by Lime »

I saw the update to play this mod, but there is something missing. in "mod controls", the part to customize your inventory (activate item, next or previous item) has gone missing. even going in options, and customize controls, is the same thing.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

Probably did all the menu tweaking stuff and forgot the rename the new control menu itself, so it wouldn't replace the old one. Yay me.
Morter

Post by Morter »

So what weapons are the Leadspitters meant to replace? I'm playing through Doom 1 episodes and I've seen the Chrome Justice (which I'm pretty sure replaces the SSG?) but I haven't run into the Uzis yet, even though I'm in episode 3 now...
TootsyBowl

Post by TootsyBowl »

Morter wrote:So what weapons are the Leadspitters meant to replace? I'm playing through Doom 1 episodes and I've seen the Chrome Justice (which I'm pretty sure replaces the SSG?) but I haven't run into the Uzis yet, even though I'm in episode 3 now...
Leadspitters are only dropped by Chaingunners. If you're playing Doom 1, sorry, you're shit out of luck unless you cheat them in.

Edit: I should also mention that cheating them in causes problems with the tinker toolbelt.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Morter wrote:So what weapons are the Leadspitters meant to replace? I'm playing through Doom 1 episodes and I've seen the Chrome Justice (which I'm pretty sure replaces the SSG?) but I haven't run into the Uzis yet, even though I'm in episode 3 now...
Where the hell did you find an SSG in the first Doom? XD
ErrantMasa
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by ErrantMasa »

DoomKrakken wrote: Where the hell did you find an SSG in the first Doom? XD
CJ and Leadspitters can appear in DooM 1 via certain monster mods: Colourful Hell has a couple monsters with those guns as guaranteed drops!
Morter

Post by Morter »

Oh yeah, I'm playing with Colourful Hell.

I guess CH replaced some enemies with SSG-having enemies (or at least gave an SSG drop?) but I haven't been lucky enough for the chaingun equivalent of that.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

I see now.

Here's the thing... the code for the Chaingun replacer sets it up so that if the Chaingun was dropped (usually by a monster upon death), then it'll spawn a Leadspitter. Else, it'll spawn an FMG. It does this by checking for the DROPPED flag. Actors spawned via functions such as [wiki]A_DropItem[/wiki] or [wiki]A_NoBlocking[/wiki] are automatically assigned the DROPPED flag upon spawning.

Long story short, monsters will need to drop the Chaingun (or the Leadspitter pickup, directly) in order for the Leadspitter to appear.
Talon1024

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Talon1024 »

Here's a new version of my fix pack: http://www.ciinet.org/kevin/myimages2/d ... 4b_fix.pk3
  • Fixed un-upgraded single Leadspitter auto-reloading in Hexen
  • Fixed Patriarch and spikebomb damage to other players in deathmatch
  • Fixed dodge speed after respawn/resurrect
  • Fixed Leadspitter spawns in deathmatch
  • Fixed both Fleshrend and Leadspitter pickups in deathmatch
I also created a ZScript HUD for this mod: http://www.ciinet.org/kevin/myimages2/d ... _zshud.pk3
The most notable difference between the SBARINFO HUD and this one is that the colour of the armor number is based on the armor class rather than the amount. It's even on GitHub.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

Oh whoops, I should do s'more fixing then. Mind if I'll nab a thing or two out of it and slap it into base mod? And I see those uncommented powerups; I fixed those invoker warnings on my side, so there's that. Not sure if I wanna go for zscript in terms of hud yet though, cause I can't get a single dime out of it, and lord knows if I won't want to mess with it again. (I also ate the mana counters in Hexen, go me, welp.)

And as a side note, that's pretty impressive you did zscriptify the hud part, considering that... hud code isn't... most clean of things. I should probably dig through it to learn a thing or two.
Talon1024

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Talon1024 »

PillowBlaster wrote:Mind if I'll nab a thing or two out of it and slap it into base mod?
Sure thing. Just put me in the credits if you do.
PillowBlaster wrote:And I see those uncommented powerups
If you're talking about zscript.txt in the fix pack, I commented out the powerup code includes that so that players could load the fix pack without getting class redefinition errors.
twelvenipon

Post by twelvenipon »

IN coop with DM flags - no spawn multiplayer weapons, rocket launcher(bitchmaker, patriarch) and chainsaw(colts) is not removed
how to fix? thanks

small update/ upgraded chrome justice using no upgraded version if out of ammo (empty)
autoreload > gotodryfire+2/ seems change to +1 fix it
erni945

Post by erni945 »

Talon1024 wrote:Here's a new version of my fix pack: http://www.ciinet.org/kevin/myimages2/d ... 4b_fix.pk3
  • Fixed un-upgraded single Leadspitter auto-reloading in Hexen
  • Fixed Patriarch and spikebomb damage to other players in deathmatch
  • Fixed dodge speed after respawn/resurrect
  • Fixed Leadspitter spawns in deathmatch
  • Fixed both Fleshrend and Leadspitter pickups in deathmatch
I also created a ZScript HUD for this mod: http://www.ciinet.org/kevin/myimages2/d ... _zshud.pk3
The most notable difference between the SBARINFO HUD and this one is that the colour of the armor number is based on the armor class rather than the amount. It's even on GitHub.

Links do not work, could you give a new one?
Chloroxite

Post by Chloroxite »

I love this mod alot, especially when paired with colourfulhell. I do have an idea that might be a neat thing to consider in some capacity: Universal elemental damage attachments for weapons. I think it would be pretty neat to be able to apply, say, ice damage to my pistols or fire damage to my shotguns (dragon's breath ftw.) Ice for example could stun enemies for extended periods of time, while fire is a simple dot that maybe could spread between enemies. Poison would be...poison.

Maybe a limit could be only one element can be applied at on time.
Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

Chloroxite wrote:I love this mod alot, especially when paired with colourfulhell. I do have an idea that might be a neat thing to consider in some capacity: Universal elemental damage attachments for weapons. I think it would be pretty neat to be able to apply, say, ice damage to my pistols or fire damage to my shotguns (dragon's breath ftw.) Ice for example could stun enemies for extended periods of time, while fire is a simple dot that maybe could spread between enemies. Poison would be...poison.

Maybe a limit could be only one element can be applied at on time.
a lot of spells in Guncaster use similar elemental systems, but require heavy modification to enemies in addition to the weapons to do so. Unfortunately such things break compatibility with other monster mods :(

that said if you havent, definitely try guncaster :)

Return to “Gameplay Mods”