[Release] The Trailblazer - 1.5e

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Ribo Zurai

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer

Post by Ribo Zurai »

Yelp, time to nail Sunder and Chillax all over again it seems. :D
Sinael

Post by Sinael »

The only criticism I have of this is a weird UZI angle. Otherwise, it's awesome.
Silentdarkness12

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

This is actually the most balanced wad PillowBlaster has ever released.
Onar4241

Post by Onar4241 »

Did you credited Raven software/Activision? I hear many sounds that are borrowed from Wolfenstein 2009. And where's the credit file?

Anyway, the mod pretty much kicks-ass! I love the Dual Revolvers!
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

Xaser wrote:Whoop! Good to see this one getting a release! It's a great. :D

Only complaint is that the HUD only replaces the fullscreen HUD, not the status bar -- for the latter, you get a blank screen, which is unfortunate for folks that use the bar by default. Even though it's annoyingly redundant code, I'd suggest copypasta-ing the HUD over the status bar as well so you get a HUD regardless of setting. Other than that, I've gotta say the new graphics n' little touches really make it shine. Ultra-super-kudos! :D
If I'll get to know how to do it, I'll surely take that into account!... also sorry that I didn't include software-mode friendly explosions, spice up the GL reload animation and whatnot - I didn't quite get round to do it. D:
Onar4241 wrote:Did you credited Raven software/Activision? I hear many sounds that are borrowed from Wolfenstein 2009. And where's the credit file?

Uhh, there is? It's included with the pk3, the txt file. It also states:
From Trailblazer.txt wrote:Major portion of the sound files sources have been nailed in the SNDINFO.txt, for one's eventual borrowing convienience.
I've got it covered, just in case. And yet again, thanks for the warm comments! I do hoped you all would have a blast with it! :P
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

PillowBlaster wrote:
Xaser wrote:Whoop! Good to see this one getting a release! It's a great. :D

Only complaint is that the HUD only replaces the fullscreen HUD, not the status bar -- for the latter, you get a blank screen, which is unfortunate for folks that use the bar by default. Even though it's annoyingly redundant code, I'd suggest copypasta-ing the HUD over the status bar as well so you get a HUD regardless of setting. Other than that, I've gotta say the new graphics n' little touches really make it shine. Ultra-super-kudos! :D
If I'll get to know how to do it, I'll surely take that into account!... also sorry that I didn't include software-mode friendly explosions, spice up the GL reload animation and whatnot - I didn't quite get round to do it. D:
Onar4241 wrote:Did you credited Raven software/Activision? I hear many sounds that are borrowed from Wolfenstein 2009. And where's the credit file?

Uhh, there is? It's included with the pk3, the txt file. It also states:
From Trailblazer.txt wrote:Major portion of the sound files sources have been nailed in the SNDINFO.txt, for one's eventual borrowing convienience.
I've got it covered, just in case. And yet again, thanks for the warm comments! I do hoped you all would have a blast with it! :P
i am curious actually, did you get any of the redesigned sounds from the older version of the mod? this was almost a year and a half ago
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

chronoteeth wrote:i am curious actually, did you get any of the redesigned sounds from the older version of the mod? this was almost a year and a half ago
I did, but let's just say that something changed my mind about using them.
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

changed mind? the sources were all fine in the game, tho a couple are older
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

chronoteeth wrote:changed mind? the sources were all fine in the game, tho a couple are older
Yes, I have changed my mind.

And now I want to appologize for a little, but still quite impacting the game fuck-up, as the T-Rex rifle ammo wasn't spawning at all in Doom, as I have changed the number into word due to some technical issue, whoops. Download in the OP of course updated, but you can grab the little update here.

Changelog! It's so tiny... for now.
V1.1 (2015-01-07)
-Fixed the missing smoke effect on the right Uzi.
-Tweaked the layering in white smoke.
-Tweaked the FMG firing in sights mode.
-Fixed the 2Bore (TWOBORE) ammo not spawning in Doom, due to... yeah, wrong name.
-Tweaked the credit file a bit.
I didn't switch the chrome's firing modes, because I feel it kind of fits now. The alt-fire, while firing regular lead, feels more like a sniper mode on a shotgun - something more gimmicky than a regular, crowd-control function of a shotgun that the regular firing mode offers, heh. Unless more of you guys find it jarring, then I'm gonna switch it.
Ed the Bat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ed the Bat »

PillowBlaster wrote:If I'll get to know how to do it, I'll surely take that into account!
Use "statusbar normal" instead of "statusbar fullscreen" in SBARINFO, and that'll put it in place of the "classic" bar hud instead of fullscreen view. As mentioned above, if you want it to be in place of both, you'll just have to duplicate the code and have one of each.

I put this off for a few days, but I decided to try this out today (before immediately getting pulled away for other things), and already I like what I see. The animations are smooth, the graphics are pretty... I expect I'll see more of the same as I look more into it later. Nice work.
cem26

Post by cem26 »

when am starting game i got those ERROR

Script error, "trailblazer_v1.1.pk3:decorate/spawners.txt" line 42:invalid state parameter a_dropitem
Ed the Bat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ed the Bat »

cem26 wrote:when am starting game i got those ERROR

Script error, "trailblazer_v1.1.pk3:decorate/spawners.txt" line 42:invalid state parameter a_dropitem
PillowBlaster wrote:IMPORTANT NOTE!
Remember to use updated GZDoom (often even beta versions), and to bind yourself the keys accordingly to your taste, as this mod makes use of a bunch of extra buttons.
xenoxols
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by xenoxols »

Where is the music from?
Combine_Kegan

Post by Combine_Kegan »

Silentdarkness12 wrote:This is actually the most balanced wad PillowBlaster has ever released.
Hilariously enough, I think you're right

Also I love the quick melee attack. It looks like he's pounding his fist down on monster faces, like how Duke hits the nuke button at the end of a level
amv2k9

Post by amv2k9 »

xenoxols wrote:Where is the music from?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”