[Release] The Trailblazer - 1.5e

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
PillowBlaster

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.4c, Slow yourself down

Post by PillowBlaster »

Spoiler: feedback response
Thanks J, 'ppreciate it~
Talon1024 wrote:That's because the raindrop sprites in Eviternity and the Fleshrend shotgun sprites in Trailblazer use the same prefix (RNDR).
It's same problem in TUTNT btw; I am yet to fix that cause... well, it is a bug, but I am not responsible for that and find it funny enough to leave as-is. I might still change my mind now though, given this happened in two wads now.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Spoiler: hot souped response to your feedback response
Thanks J, 'ppreciate it~
You're welcome. Glad my feedback were helpful and worked like a charm!
YasuoProjectX
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by YasuoProjectX »

Excuse me while throwing a Macheterang (using Alt-Fire) will gets me crash for some reason, why?

Here some crash report for sure
Spoiler:
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Huh, strange. I guess i'm not the only one who got this Glitch without knowing its presence? Might worth to find out what is the real problem. Anyway got some more feedback for ya:
Spoiler: Caaaptain Maalcolm Superstarrr★
BoneofMalkav
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by BoneofMalkav »

Captain J wrote:Huh, strange. I guess i'm not the only one who got this Glitch without knowing its presence? Might worth to find out what is the real problem. Anyway got some more feedback for ya:
Spoiler: Caaaptain Maalcolm Superstarrr★
You aren't the only one who gets massive frame drops from using flares, even with flare performance option turned on in trailblazer's mod options, the frame drops still happen with an active flare.
YasuoProjectX

Post by YasuoProjectX »

Ok ill repeat my problem with this picture, but sorry the picture was too large (895.3KB) so im going to resize it small but you can still read the small language there

This was happend when you throw a Macheterang from the enemy and it crashed the game for some reason, can someone to fix this weapon please
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (216.63 KiB) Viewed 1502 times
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Unfortunately i barely can read this. Maybe it's the same problem i had with the machetrang before. And i'm sure Pillow's investing it right now... Also Not sure why the pic had to be this stretched although it can be scrapped, unedited.
Last edited by Captain J on Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

YasuoProjectX wrote:Ok ill repeat my problem with this picture, but sorry the picture was too large (895.3KB) so im going to resize it
Upload it to Imgur instead, then you won't have to crush the picture to make it fit.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

-Flare getting real laggy - Talon1024 a while back did mention that a sticked light of huge sizes causes a lot of trouble for gzdoom. I made the flare light smaller, should hopefully make it more manageable.
-Macheterang crash - That's hopefully fixed by now on my side.
-Weird firing angle on zoomed FMG -That ought to be fixed by now too.
Cacobus

Post by Cacobus »

Jezze wrote:I just found out about this great gameplay mod. Shame on me...

Currently I play Trailblazer with the episodic map-pack Eviternity and I noticed something strange right in the first map of the first episode.

Here is a screenshot that shows some sprites of the shotgun floating/jumping in the air and in motion it looks like they are firing. I couldn't reproduce this problem with other mods that change the weapons, therefore I think it could be a bug of Trailblazer. Maybe you can take a look?

Anyway, Trailblazer is a fantastic mod. Keep up the great work!
Hey Jezze if it's not to much trouble could you please go over step by step on how you got the weather effects in Eviternity to work properly with the trailblazer mod using slade,I assume? Thanks
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

Cacobus wrote:
Jezze wrote:I just found out about this great gameplay mod. Shame on me...

Currently I play Trailblazer with the episodic map-pack Eviternity and I noticed something strange right in the first map of the first episode.

Here is a screenshot that shows some sprites of the shotgun floating/jumping in the air and in motion it looks like they are firing. I couldn't reproduce this problem with other mods that change the weapons, therefore I think it could be a bug of Trailblazer. Maybe you can take a look?

Anyway, Trailblazer is a fantastic mod. Keep up the great work!
Hey Jezze if it's not to much trouble could you please go over step by step on how you got the weather effects in Eviternity to work properly with the trailblazer mod using slade,I assume? Thanks
1. Crack it open with slade. (Or, extract the mod with any zip program, 7zip\winzip will do.)
2. Go Decorate/Weapons/Fleshrend.txt. Open it and mass replace RNDR with something else, for instance, BUTT, or some other word that strikes you fancy and makes sure it won't collide with anything else.
3. Do the same in Textures.Fleshrend.txt in the main directory of the mod, too.
4. Go to Graphics/Fleshrend, rename all graphic files starting with RNDR with BUTT or your word of choice, too.
5. Save if you use slade, pack it up back up if you use a zip program.
6. ???
7. Profit!

If you've done it proper, it will work. If you didn't, the game will error, or the sprites won't display. I also take no responsibility for the results of said tampering, but I'll try to address this for the next, nearby update.
Cacobus

Post by Cacobus »

Thanks for the help PillowBlaster much appreciated.
YasuoProjectX

Post by YasuoProjectX »

PillowBlaster wrote:-Flare getting real laggy - Talon1024 a while back did mention that a sticked light of huge sizes causes a lot of trouble for gzdoom. I made the flare light smaller, should hopefully make it more manageable.
-Macheterang crash - That's hopefully fixed by now on my side.
-Weird firing angle on zoomed FMG -That ought to be fixed by now too.

Ok geez thanks
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Extra Bug report: I don't exactly know why this happened, but probably it hit the moving floor. And i found this funny, somewhat. :P You might add loop limit onto empty magazine actors.
Alptraum
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Alptraum »

I was a bit of prejudiced against this mod. But after I tried it, it turned out rockin' and fun. PillowBlaster is really good at this.

Can't wait for future updates.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”