[Release] The Trailblazer - 1.5e

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
PillowBlaster

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.4a, Why can't this be love

Post by PillowBlaster »

Valherran wrote:I ran into some things while playing this on Doom 1:

1. Chrome Justice cannot be obtained due to it being a super shotgun spawn.

2. Lead Spitters cannot be obtained due to it being a pickup from chaingun zombies.

3. If you try to summon and pickup the above mentioned weapons and upgrade them with junk, the game thinks they are the machete.

4. Projectiles don't get stuck as easily on walls this time around (which is great), but they can still get stuck without fail if sitting in a room corner.

Also, when I run this on Doom 2, there's a large list of script errors in the console when you start a new game. The music is completely broken and won't play most or none of the tracks no matter what I music .wad I use or not.
1. There's no ssg in doom 1. I decided to respect that, so you only get sawed-offs.
2. Kinda similar here. There's no chaingunners, so you don't get uzis, and that's fine. FMG can do the thing just right too.
3. That's fixed on my side.
4. I can't really help much on it, considering collision is gzdoom's thing.

What kind of errors? If you mean the VM execution warnings (which aren't exclusive to doom 2), they are generally harmless, at least for now - just warning about a sketchy pointer situation. I won't fix them until I'd convert the offending actors to zscript, and they can't affect the music.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

and they can't affect the music.
What' causing it to break?
Cryomundus

Post by Cryomundus »

What version of gzdoom are you running?
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

Cryomundus wrote:What version of gzdoom are you running?
July 3rd x64 bit build.
GripZ
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by GripZ »

Is there still a quick punch feature?

(I cant find it in the control options)
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

It's the Zoom key. If it doesn't say "Punch", it should say Zoom.
GripZ
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by GripZ »

DoomKrakken wrote:It's the Zoom key. If it doesn't say "Punch", it should say Zoom.
Thanks!
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

No problem. :)
TootsyBowl

Post by TootsyBowl »

This mod tries to capture the feeling of an 80s action movie, yet Malcolm doesn't say a single word. IMO there should be a voice like in Guncaster.

Also it's a shame that many mods don't have the massive following that Brutal Doom has. With Brutal Doom there's a ton of sub-mods to be used, and as far as I know there aren't any for this. There is so much potential in the crafting system.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

If pillow has right voice actor to spice up Malcolm, that would be sooo cool!
Also it's a shame that many mods don't have the massive following that Brutal Doom has. With Brutal Doom there's a ton of sub-mods to be used, and as far as I know there aren't any for this. There is so much potential in the crafting system.
And well, sometimes we don't have to follow the instructions of brutal doom strictly. The creators has their ways to make it nicely as brutal doom, yet can make mods with the contents of their own. Or using various contents not only from brutal doom.

Besides, brutal doom features and contents are still being used.
Asdasing

Post by Asdasing »

I have an idea:
Each weapon will have a final tier upgrade once the weapon has both its original upgrade and its blueprint upgrade, and it will cost a great deal of scrap so this is very suitable for endgame.
Punch: Spiked brass knuckles that deal more damage and push away monsters.
Machete: Becomes a long katana that deals more damage at a faster rate and the ghost blade travels further.
Dual revolvers: Both become automatic and shoot 3 bullets per shot (2 bullets if 3 is too op), and barrels become fatter.
Pistol: Becomes a silenced automatic SMG with holo sight.
Dual shotguns: Both shotguns will shoot double the amount of pellets (so six barrels :O) with a more horizontal spread while still only using up 2 shells per shot O_O
Chrome shotgun: Becomes fully automatic, fireshot has more horizontal spread, compact shot has a tighter spread, uses a drum mag and the barrel is modified.
Dual uzis: No recoil and can sometimes shoot ricocheting shurikens which don't replace the rockets, and have snazzy lazer pointers.
F.M.G: Gets a longer barrel, completely accurate and sniper uses 25 bullets per shot while also dealing 25% more damage on top of the extra damage already given by the upgrades.
Auto grenadier: Primary fire shoots grenades at faster velocity in a straight direction, secondary fire shoots fully homing grenades, grenadier has faster fire rate with less recoil.
Magnum: Becomes a pistol, so shoots faster, less recoil, instantly start rapid shooting.
Minigun: Able to deploy minigun via inventory promt and have it as stationary turret, while machinegun gains a holo sight that's usable when turret deployed.
Cannon: Becomes a pump action, with internal ammo buffer and faster fire rate.
Grenades: Larger vacuum radius with stronger suction and more damaging explosions.
This is great for when you play this with colourful hell and a long megawad like sunlust .wad
:D
FaggoStorm

Post by FaggoStorm »

Asdasing wrote:I have an idea:
Each weapon will have a final tier upgrade once the weapon has both its original upgrade and its blueprint upgrade, and it will cost a great deal of scrap so this is very suitable for endgame.
Punch: Spiked brass knuckles that deal more damage and push away monsters.
Machete: Becomes a long katana that deals more damage at a faster rate and the ghost blade travels further.
Dual revolvers: Both become automatic and shoot 3 bullets per shot (2 bullets if 3 is too op), and barrels become fatter.
Pistol: Becomes a silenced automatic SMG with holo sight.
Dual shotguns: Both shotguns will shoot double the amount of pellets (so six barrels :O) with a more horizontal spread while still only using up 2 shells per shot O_O
Chrome shotgun: Becomes fully automatic, fireshot has more horizontal spread, compact shot has a tighter spread, uses a drum mag and the barrel is modified.
Dual uzis: No recoil and can sometimes shoot ricocheting shurikens which don't replace the rockets, and have snazzy lazer pointers.
F.M.G: Gets a longer barrel, completely accurate and sniper uses 25 bullets per shot while also dealing 25% more damage on top of the extra damage already given by the upgrades.
Auto grenadier: Primary fire shoots grenades at faster velocity in a straight direction, secondary fire shoots fully homing grenades, grenadier has faster fire rate with less recoil.
Magnum: Becomes a pistol, so shoots faster, less recoil, instantly start rapid shooting.
Minigun: Able to deploy minigun via inventory promt and have it as stationary turret, while machinegun gains a holo sight that's usable when turret deployed.
Cannon: Becomes a pump action, with internal ammo buffer and faster fire rate.
Grenades: Larger vacuum radius with stronger suction and more damaging explosions.
This is great for when you play this with colourful hell and a long megawad like sunlust .wad
:D
This idea is actually pretty good, atleast on paper.
TootsyBowl

Post by TootsyBowl »

I think I should mention that the Bitchmaker's ammo still refers to it as the Hellraiser.
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Post by Zhs2 »

The Bitchmaker shoots HE Magnum "Hellraiser" ammunition - a flavor name, but a name for the ammo nonetheless.
TootsyBowl

Post by TootsyBowl »

Ah. I thought the Bitchmaker used to be called the Hellraiser, then the weapon's name was changed, but Pillow forgot to change the pickup text for the ammo.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”