[Release] The Trailblazer - 1.5e

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
openroadracer
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.4c, Slow yourself down

Post by openroadracer »

Burly Jim wrote:I've been playing this mod for something like a year, and I only just found out you can punch, thanks to a powerup blueprint...but I don't actually know *how*to punch. I can't seem to find it in the options-I'd figured it would have been near quick machete/quick spikebomb. Can anyone help?
"Zoom" button.
openroadracer
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by openroadracer »

I know I'm double-posting here, but I've got a minor little question...

You see, there's an option in the "Blaze-It Stuff" menu to make it where Rocket Launcher spawns can be replaced by either the Bitchmaker alone, the Patriarch alone, either at random, or both. My idea would be to expand that to both the FMG/Leadspitter as Chaingun replacements and the Fleshrend/Chrome Justice as Shotgun replacements. Maybe have these options ONLY effect placed weapons in maps instead of drops from killed enemies; but there are some mapsets like DooMed Space Wars that seem to completely lack placed Chainguns, and therefore don't allow access to the FMG. Likewise, say you're playing the 1993 original DooM or Ultimate DooM: you have no access to either the Chrome Justice(no Super Shotguns) or the Leadspitter(no Chaingunners).

You know, maybe that bit about Shotguns specifically could be made into its own thing that randomly replaces placed Shotguns on maps with Super Shotguns, though it might kinda require DooM II to work... Good thing I've got Steam's DooM Classic Complete, at least.
theroguemonk
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by theroguemonk »

can someone help me why is the shotgun switched... i want the oridnary shot on my normal left click... is there a way to fix it ?
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

there's an option in the blaze it menu for switching shotgun fire buttons.
Alptraum
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Alptraum »

Since we got RO 3.0, I want to think that probably we are going to get 1.5 soon as well ^^
Twitchy2019

Post by Twitchy2019 »

Pillowblaster, when are we gonna get that sweet Conqueror gun?
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

Alptraum wrote:Since we got RO 3.0, I want to think that probably we are going to get 1.5 soon as well ^^
Twitchy2019 wrote:Pillowblaster, when are we gonna get that sweet Conqueror gun?
I can't say soon cause I can't tell for sure - we'll see once my schedule calms down any and I get my modding vigor back.
AstartesCitizen
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by AstartesCitizen »

I can't say soon cause I can't tell for sure - we'll see once my schedule calms down any and I get my modding vigor back.[/quote]

I feel the mod is as complete as it is but adding it more stuff is always a big plus, the mod itself is already a thing of legend.
Blackgrowl
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Blackgrowl »

AstartesCitizen wrote:I feel the mod is as complete as it is but adding it more stuff is always a big plus, the mod itself is already a thing of legend.
I agree, but there's never a "finish" line for a mod or game.

Besides, looking at his Patreon, he got some good ol' Lever-Action Shotgun planned and to be honest I sure as hell wanna know how he'll make it work in-game, oughta be more fun than the Chrome Justice.
AstartesCitizen
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by AstartesCitizen »

Blackgrowl wrote:
AstartesCitizen wrote:I feel the mod is as complete as it is but adding it more stuff is always a big plus, the mod itself is already a thing of legend.
I agree, but there's never a "finish" line for a mod or game.

Besides, looking at his Patreon, he got some good ol' Lever-Action Shotgun planned and to be honest I sure as hell wanna know how he'll make it work in-game, oughta be more fun than the Chrome Justice.
Didnt know about that, well then hope to see soon the new stuff that he has in store and again it will be a big plus for me.
Twitchy2019

Post by Twitchy2019 »

How I feel about Conqueror weapon.
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

If you attempt to throw a machete while wielding the Nutcracker and you don't have one to throw the game crashes.
If you're zoomed in with the FMG and press reload, the sprite is incorrect if you have the blueprint.
If you upgrade the skullthrottle the minigun becomes less responsive.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

Rowsol wrote:If you attempt to throw a machete while wielding the Nutcracker and you don't have one to throw the game crashes.
If you're zoomed in with the FMG and press reload, the sprite is incorrect if you have the blueprint.
If you upgrade the skullthrottle the minigun becomes less responsive.
Fixed.
PillowBlaster

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.5, Mister Grim Reaper

Post by PillowBlaster »

So!... v1.5. It's been seven years since I started working on it. Time sure passes. I said I didn't want to add anything more here, but!... haha, nah. There really was no point in adding those given that whole roster is already more than covered, but should still be a lot of fun to mess around with the quote-unquote newcomers.

Is this the end for it? I dunno, probably. I can't possibly see what else I could do here, other than QoL or minor improvements/bugfixes, nor I think I want to at this point, unless the man DoomNukem himself would return. I still have one, big leftover from his work left. Will I do something with that? Time will tell, but I doubt it. I feel I'll let that forge rest dormant. Enjoy the v1.5, and speaking of him - thanks Dooms, for all the effort you've had put into this mod, it didn't go to waste. Now excuse me as I'll drink some whiskey on the rocks in his name.

Also knowing me there'll be some minute-one bugs. Yay.

DOWNLOAD HERE WHO CARES ABOUT THE REST OF THIS CRAP LOL~
Spoiler: highlights
Spoiler: changelog
EDIT: Added a relevant info about means of acquiring Paintrain.
Last edited by PillowBlaster on Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Redead-ITA

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.5, Mister Grim Reaper

Post by Redead-ITA »

The title pic is a little bit lower than it is currently

don't know if it just me though

Return to “Gameplay Mods”