[Release] The Trailblazer - 1.5e

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.5, Mister Grim Reaper

Post by Captain J »

Along with the mancubus' moon grade shiny new weapons, Conqueror is now here...

This is probably the best day to be staying at home.
Redead-ITA

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.5, Mister Grim Reaper (p.9

Post by Redead-ITA »

Crash report, i got this after getting the vest.
Attachments
I got this as soon as i got the armor as a pick up mind you, was playing scythe x
I got this as soon as i got the armor as a pick up mind you, was playing scythe x
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

How do you get the PainTrain to spawn? I thought since the ammo spawns with the minigun it would share a spot with the plasmarifle but no such luck.
I also noticed that the tilting doesn't have a master 'off' switch.

The new guns are great. I also love the new sequential firing mode.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

Redead-ITA wrote:Crash report, i got this after getting the vest.
This more looks like a machete crash for me, seeing that message... ah fuck, I thought I already fixed that. Now I don't remember what was the exact case but I'll take a stab at it once I figure out where exactly it blows up. It was related to running out machetes, so I'm pretty sure that's the same bug.

EDIT: Well, I can't reproduce it, even when I thought that must be it. I can't read where that happens exactly the way this VM abort is written out. I guess if I could get some clue on when that exactly happened, that might help me track it down.

EDIT 2: Okay, I found myself the case to reproduce it, will take it from here.
Rowsol wrote:How do you get the PainTrain to spawn? I thought since the ammo spawns with the minigun it would share a spot with the plasmarifle but no such luck.
I also noticed that the tilting doesn't have a master 'off' switch.

The new guns are great. I also love the new sequential firing mode.
You essentially have more than enough sniping options and ammo by default, so I added it as a finding bonus - as a blueprint to craft. I'll add relevant bit to the OP regarding that. As of the tilt, it wasn't updated. Just turning the sway factor all the way down should turn it off.
Last edited by PillowBlaster on Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

So that machete bug is still a thing? Bummer... Seems like your black script magic didn't work this time. Hope you fix this one somehow.

Anyway i played it for a moment and of course, it's powerful as it should be. And the new additional weapons are very cool to use! And here's some feedback/suggestion hybrid article, although it's actually perfect enough to be perfect:
Spoiler:
So yeah. That's about it. No more errors were found. Thanks a ton for this neat update!
Alptraum
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Alptraum »

Hellyeah!
Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

Hell yeah, another awesome update! The new lever action shotgun feels like it grows a LOT, starts off pretty weak but feels like a damn powerhouse when fully upgraded, probably my favorite in the group now~

Odd question though, would it be possible to have the blueprint for the Paintrain remove from inventory after its been redeemed? I get why the multi-use ones like the armor and whisky bottle stick around, but it feels kinda off having it stay there after it's been redeemed (dunno if intentional or just got missed.)
TheNightATK300

Post by TheNightATK300 »

Uranium Shots on the Eliminator still causes splash damage to the player even with the splash damage immunity upgrade. It only happened once for me though, as soon as I upgraded the pistol and the shotgun, then when I exited the level, somehow I am immune to splash damage with that shotgun again.
Panzermann11
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Panzermann11 »

Wait a minue... An energy weapon in Trailblazer? No way, I must be dreaming, am I?
mutator

Post by mutator »

the mod was great from what i played but i encountered a bug where when you reach to limit of getting sawed shotgun amount you are still able to pick up drops from shotgunners but not the ones that were in map just the weapons shotgunners drop, other than it i had fun playing the new version!
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Don't Fleshrend drops also give one "Dem Shells" ammo as well? Last I checked (and it's been a couple of years), the pickup would give both kinds of ammo if dropped from a Shotgunner. So, if you're not full on "Dem Shells" ammo, you can still pick up those Fleshrends for "Dem Shells" ammo.
Tesculpture

Post by Tesculpture »

*Groans in the morning*

"Errggh...this week has been tough...life is really starting to get to me..."

*Sees Trailblazer has updated*

"...And just like that, today is a good day."

EDIT:
A couple of bugs to report.
-Clipboxes are replaced by Small Minigun/Nutcracker ammo instead of Large Bullet ammo.

-"Blazing effect" doesn't increase the speed of melee when wielding the Eliminator.

-Picking up Berserk when you already have it auto-swaps you to the Macheterang, but this doesn't happen when picking up Berserk for the first time in a level.

-In Hexen, the Mage Arc Of Death weapon is not replaced (meaning in turn it is not possible to obtain the FMG in Hexen).

-Kinetic Fist upgrade no longer seems to make berserk punches explode in mid-air if they don't hit anything.
Last edited by Tesculpture on Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.
TheOldKingCole

Post by TheOldKingCole »

Could we get an option for the weapons you can only get in Doom 2 to spawn randomly in Ultimate Doom?

Edit: Also, I remember at one point there was a strife patch, is that ever going to get updated?
mutator

Post by mutator »

sorry for assuming its a bug, what i mentioned previously in my post i didnt know shotgunner's weapon also grants other shotgun ammo as well that's probably why it was always picking it up that way even if there is no dem shells/boxes in the map anymore you can still supply yourself from shotgunner's weapon, that's actually very good idea to make and i love this mod i have to say this one more time
SmisterMandSand

Post by SmisterMandSand »

I downloaded the update as soon as I could- kudos for doing such a great job on this mod!

However, I did run across an issue with the Eliminators. I think upgrading them makes them do less damage. I couldn't confirm it until I ran the mod with DamNums, but after being upgraded, they went from about 150-300 damage per shot to doing a flat 120 all the time. It added the penetrating effect, so I'm not sure what's up with that. I tried to take a look at it myself in Slade, but I'll admit to ignorance with ZScript. My best guess might be that a damage value got mixed up somewhere. The explosive damage on the uranium shot works fine, but it still reduces the base damage.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”