[Release] The Trailblazer - 1.5e

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
erni945

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.4a, Why can't this be love

Post by erni945 »

I have a question if anyone could notice that a quick toss of spikebombs gets out of possession amnesty not 1 but 2 bombs? Because I noticed and do not know whether it is intentional or is it a bug :?

EDIT:
It only appears when the option is turned off in Blaze-It Options "Quick Spikebomb Toss" and seems to have repaired the replacement of objects in Hexen. Just go to the "Decorate" folder, change this file and save the changes if something did not work then let me know.
Attachments
Hexen.txt
(11.8 KiB) Downloaded 34 times
GripZ
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by GripZ »

Make the hud more rad
Add some chrome and colorful colors into it especially violet
Like one of those synthwaves vids
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

Ryuhi wrote:another small glitch I noticed: if you throw machetes while you have ammo junkie active, it seems to secretly add them to your ammo capacity when you get to the next level (still retaining the maximum of 4)
Fixed!
erni945 wrote:I have a question if anyone could notice that a quick toss of spikebombs gets out of possession amnesty not 1 but 2 bombs? Because I noticed and do not know whether it is intentional or is it a bug :?

EDIT:
It only appears when the option is turned off in Blaze-It Options "Quick Spikebomb Toss" and seems to have repaired the replacement of objects in Hexen. Just go to the "Decorate" folder, change this file and save the changes if something did not work then let me know.
Fix..... ed? I have a hard time trying to understand you, but I assume you meant hexen items blork and the spikebomb quick-toss taking two ammo, as that's exactly what I found after deciphering your post.
GripZ wrote:Make the hud more rad
Add some chrome and colorful colors into it especially violet
Like one of those synthwaves vids
The fonts are chrome, that ain't enough? :P

I'll think about it. I guess synthwave is as 80s as it can be, but this guy is more of a hard rocker than rex power colt.
erni945

Post by erni945 »

Fixed!
erni945 wrote:I have a question if anyone could notice that a quick toss of spikebombs gets out of possession amnesty not 1 but 2 bombs? Because I noticed and do not know whether it is intentional or is it a bug :?

EDIT:
PillowBlaster wrote:Fix..... ed? I have a hard time trying to understand you, but I assume you meant hexen items blork and the spikebomb quick-toss taking two ammo, as that's exactly what I found after deciphering your post.

As for Spikebomb, I meant that when the menu option is disabled, it consumes 2 amps instead of 1, and I just wanted to know whether it was a bug or a deliberate one, and I meant that instead of Hexen I meant that I rather managed to repair the replacement of these items:
-Disc of Repulsion
-Boots of Speed
-Porkalator
-Dark Servant
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

erni945 wrote:As for Spikebomb, I meant that when the menu option is disabled, it consumes 2 amps instead of 1, and I just wanted to know whether it was a bug or a deliberate one, and I meant that instead of Hexen I meant that I rather managed to repair the replacement of these items:
-Disc of Repulsion
-Boots of Speed
-Porkalator
-Dark Servant
Nope, not intended, so good call. As of these, I just clicked revert instead of save while being amidst of changing the drops there. That's what I get for clumsiness.
twelvenipon

Post by twelvenipon »

i spend some time with your mod and after some custom changes ( less damage , less speed of weapons , etc ) plus custom monsters is now my favorite mod to playing doom2 , i also use my custom keycard "Beep" sounds, is easy to add and greatly improve gameplay, most time i get frustrated when searching map and just miss a damn key, now i hear it when i get close, so i know is somewhere near
GripZ
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by GripZ »

The fonts are chrome, that ain't enough? :P

I'll think about it. I guess synthwave is as 80s as it can be, but this guy is more of a hard rocker than rex power colt.
You sure he's a hard rocker he doesn't look like one also The protagonist kinda looks more like snake plissken but with shortened hair.
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

I always saw Malcolm (the name of the protagonist) as someone who would listen to heavy metal like Judas Priest.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

I saw him as being the type to listen to classic hard rock, and rock 'n roll. Thinking AC/DC, Aerosmith, Metallica, etc.
damico death

Post by damico death »

The mug shot change makes it unplayable for me, gives me a script error on every gzdoom, qzdoom, and zdoom i have tried to run this on.
Cryomundus

Post by Cryomundus »

What version of gzdoom are you using?
Absalom

Post by Absalom »

Hey everyone :) I'm new here.
I'd love to play The Trailblazer but... WHERE IS THE DOWNLOAD LINK?
If anyone can point it out to me I'd be really happy!

Thanks!
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Absalom wrote:Hey everyone :) I'm new here.

Thanks!
There used to be a big button that said "Download" on the first post - unfortunately, since the "Download" button's image was hosted on Photobucket, it now just looks like any other image hosted on Photobucket, i.e. an ad demanding paid service for off-site linking.

I've copied the link from the correct button so you don't need to randomly guess which one it is: http://www.mediafire.com/file/n9m88svoy ... r_v1.4a.7z

PillowBlaster will need to eventually rehost these pictures, though.
Absalom

Post by Absalom »

wildweasel wrote:
Absalom wrote:Hey everyone :) I'm new here.

Thanks!
There used to be a big button that said "Download" on the first post - unfortunately, since the "Download" button's image was hosted on Photobucket, it now just looks like any other image hosted on Photobucket, i.e. an ad demanding paid service for off-site linking.

I've copied the link from the correct button so you don't need to randomly guess which one it is: http://www.mediafire.com/file/n9m88svoy ... r_v1.4a.7z

PillowBlaster will need to eventually rehost these pictures, though.
Thank you very much! :mrgreen:
I just tried this mod with a wad called Hell Awakened and I must say I just had the time of life playing it. Trailblazer kicks ass and I'd go so far as to say that I enjoy it more than Project Brutality or Brutal Doom.
I hope PillowBlaster will keep on making updates, maybe adding monsters or I don't know :roll:
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

I ran into some things while playing this on Doom 1:

1. Chrome Justice cannot be obtained due to it being a super shotgun spawn.

2. Lead Spitters cannot be obtained due to it being a pickup from chaingun zombies.

3. If you try to summon and pickup the above mentioned weapons and upgrade them with junk, the game thinks they are the machete.

4. Projectiles don't get stuck as easily on walls this time around (which is great), but they can still get stuck without fail if sitting in a room corner.

Also, when I run this on Doom 2, there's a large list of script errors in the console when you start a new game. The music is completely broken and won't play most or none of the tracks no matter what I music .wad I use or not.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”