[Release] The Trailblazer - 1.5e

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Rowsol

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.5b

Post by Rowsol »

Pillow, the uzi doesn't drop from the chaingunners with the default "FMG spawn, Uzi drop". I noticed the shotgun spawner replaced the shotgun directly but the chaingun spawner doesn't. I think that's why the "bDROPPED == true" doesn't work as it should. Simply making the zscript chaingun spawner replace the chaingun directly fixed it.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

Rowsol wrote:Pillow, the uzi doesn't drop from the chaingunners with the default "FMG spawn, Uzi drop". I noticed the shotgun spawner replaced the shotgun directly but the chaingun spawner doesn't. I think that's why the "bDROPPED == true" doesn't work as it should. Simply making the zscript chaingun spawner replace the chaingun directly fixed it.
Oh for f-... forking sake. Now I remember why I didn't wanna do this crap. Kay, fixed now, I hope. This is probably gonna make something else broken in a different scenario again, because of course it will, but whatever.

I am not updating the links or changing numbers. Just redownload at will, file's updated.
Bobby

Post by Bobby »

I hate to bother you again but I found another bug. When you have one weapon replace the super shotgun, they both spawn. Cool mod by the way.
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

I ran into an odd bug. https://youtu.be/JaHWtqTeauE?t=1220
Leadspitters started clicking so I switched to my eliminators and when I tried to upgrade the gun it said "this weapon cannot be upgraded". The zoom with the reload key wouldn't work either. I switched weapons to something else then back to it and it persisted. I kept shuffling weapons and about 30 seconds later started spamming the reload key and eventually it zoomed. Then I could upgrade it.

edit: second problem. I was zoomed with the eliminators and I ran out of ammo. The weapon switched but I retained the slow movement.
Last edited by Rowsol on Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:34 am, edited 4 times in total.
Itschristian

Post by Itschristian »

Does this run on LZDoom?
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

This thread has no description or mention about LZDoom, but why don't you give it a try?
Last edited by Captain J on Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alexander Black

Post by Alexander Black »

Hello, I've found a glitch of B*tchmaker's sprites. When you push alternate attack button, at the end of this alternate attack shows the sprites of upgraded B*tchmaker. Could u fix that, pls? Here are the screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/2BhXx3i
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

i've just found out that the version numbering of main file is gone. It's just called Trailblazer now. Intentional?

Also Skullthrottle on Redneck gibberish is way quicker and simultaneous than before. I'm pretty sure the previous version it would repeat random redneck voice clips each time the sound ended. It's like Alabama guy trying to teach them kids how to rap, but after guzzling down some moonshine!
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

The eliminator is supposed to do more damage when upgraded but it does the same. To be sure I even removed the randomness and sure enough, it does 240 with each shot.

Some balance talk: (feel free to ignore this if you're happy with it)
• Nutcracker is woefully weak in comparison to the Deuce.
• Paintrain does decent damage but it's all concentrated to the crosshair. The gun feels a lot better to use when you increase the radius damage of the beam. In its current state, the size of the beam is deceptive.
• Enemy health is too low in general. I've always played this mod with MonsterHealth = 1.5 in MAPINFO.

I have an idea for the whiskey. If you were to die and you have whiskey it will save you. https://zdoom.org/wiki/Classes:HealthPickup (Quartz flask apparently uses this function)
The reason I like this is because it allows you to better utilize your blazing boosts from low health without fear of dying. It also makes it an upgrade over the soulsphere, which as it stands now, I think is worse simply because I keep forgetting to use it.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

- Eliminator is an oversight, I was fixing some things and forgot to put the right numbers back in. Apologies for that.
- I didn't personally feel like that. Deuce still sucks at mowing down things in longer lines, alongide heavy meatshields and monsters with decent health pool and smaller hitboxes like barons or revenants just make it only viable up close. I guess I might make it just a tad less strong.
- Yeah, I made it work more like a regular railgun, so you still need to put some footwork in aiming and lining up enemies with it, else it turns into yet another Nutcracker. I guess I can buff it a little.
- That's a given with me, as you probably noticed! Balance flies outta the door. But, it's not like I wouldn't wanna appease people looking for at least a semblance of it too - I am just lazy regarding that. You know what - I'll add the damage scaling options like the ones that are in GC for that matter. Not a solution to it all, but better than nothing.
- Hmmm... I dunno. It kinda removes the risk of dying altogether. I was apprehensive adding that to GC with the auto-healing option, but the cooldown made it work better than expected and you still can die easily if you get hit over auto-heal amount. Here you can chug it one time after another if you are in a tough spot with no cooldowns whatsoever. I guess I'll think about it - since when something so trivial stopped me last time, hooh.

As a side note, I did notice Eliminator still has issues with zooming not working at times, but wasn't able to tell when and why that happens. If someone will nail down circumstances of that happening, do tell - that might help me fix it.
TheOldKingCole

Post by TheOldKingCole »

For some reason I can't pick up a second eliminator.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

I can pickup the second Eliminator just fine. Maybe you're playing the mod in different game like Hexen? Perhaps check the version of your GZDoom.
Tesculpture

Post by Tesculpture »

PillowBlaster wrote:As a side note, I did notice Eliminator still has issues with zooming not working at times, but wasn't able to tell when and why that happens. If someone will nail down circumstances of that happening, do tell - that might help me fix it.
If it's any help, I've noticed that when this happens, tinker-upgrading the Eliminator stops working too - I get a message saying "it isn't possible to upgrade this weapon" or something similar.

As for the other, I think the Paintrain and Deuce are fine the way they are. I also don't support the idea of adding auto-use to the Whiskey - I mean, for consistency, it would have to be added as well to Hexen/Heretic Medikits, Cigar Boxes, and Alchemist's-Dream-made-portable Berzerk Packs/Soulspheres/Megaspheres, and then you really would have zero dying risk.
Last edited by Tesculpture on Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheOldKingCole

Post by TheOldKingCole »

Captain J wrote:I can pickup the second Eliminator just fine. Maybe you're playing the mod in different game like Hexen? Perhaps check the version of your GZDoom.
I am playing Doom 2 on GZDOOM 4.4.2
Wivicer
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Wivicer »

One thing I noticed using printinv when I was having trouble upgrading weapons was that I had the inventory token for having the machete selected in my inventory as well as the one for whichever weapon I was trying to upgrade. Maybe that has something to do with the eliminator Problem?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”