[Justamod] Shut up and Bleed. (Now in V0.4 flavor)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [Project port] Shut up and Bleed.

Postby Ed the Bat » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:50 pm

I love Chinese bootlegs! Always entertaining. :)

Anyhow, I've got something to present: My revision to iSpook's work (with due thanks to chronoteeth, naturally)...
Shut Up and Bleed: Plus Edition

At the cost of losing compatibility with Zandronum, this takes advantage of newer ZDoom features to add some improvements:
Spoiler:

If I missed anything or made any mistakes, let me know.
And while I'm thinking of it, I should ask iSpook if those invisible frames during the minigun firing sequence are intentional or not. It looks a little funny when it blinks out of existence.
Ed the Bat
I'm tired. I want to go home.

Postby iSpook » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:04 pm

They aren't, although when I was working on it, I was too tired to see it. Post the fire code when you fix it.

Also what's the difference between the way the weapons handle the dryfire sequence now and how they were doing it before hand?
iSpook
What is this, I don't even.

Postby Enjay » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:05 pm

Ed the Bat wrote:If I missed anything or made any mistakes, let me know.

Looks like the use of offset without parameters is causing the error.
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Postby Ed the Bat » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:07 pm

How would you like it fixed, iSPook? Replace these frames with a sprite that exists, or shorten them to zero tics? I'd hate to guess incorrectly on what you meant to do.

Regarding dryfire: Before, if you were out of ammo, pressing the fire button would just have Rocco pull the trigger on the empty gun, to no effect. Now, if you set the Auto-Reload option to On, if you press fire when the gun is empty, Rocco will reload the gun.

And my apologies, Enjay. I caught and fixed that but... forgot to reupload the file. One moment, please! ...and it should be all good now.
Ed the Bat

Postby iSpook » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:17 pm

Ed the Bat wrote:How would you like it fixed, iSPook? Replace these frames with a sprite that exists, or shorten them to zero tics? I'd hate to guess incorrectly on what you meant to do.

It was probably a mistake I overlooked, so either way should be fine. Uh, do you mind telling me what you did with the keys though? I know you just reskinned the default ones, but surely the sprite names aren't the right ones? Unless I'm being silly here.
iSpook

Postby Ed the Bat » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:18 pm

I used TEXTURES to fabricate the sprites out of the images here in the project files. Go ahead and take a look at them in-game. I even made sure to apply the dynamic lights to match what I've done.
Ed the Bat

Postby iSpook » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:25 pm

Ah. I was only asking because what you did was the smarter of the two ways it was done, and I just decided to basically absorb it (and the dryfire thing) into the main mod.
iSpook

Postby Ed the Bat » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:27 pm

Ah! Forgive me that I didn't say this sooner, but I meant to say that you're more than welcome to port over anything I've done. I just know that some of the things (not always entirely sure which, though...) I've added will simply not work in Zandronum 1.3, which I know is important to you.
Ed the Bat

Postby iSpook » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:29 pm

Ed the Bat wrote:Ah! Forgive me that I didn't say this sooner, but I meant to say that you're more than welcome to port over anything I've done. I just know that some of the things (not always entirely sure which, though...) I've added will simply not work in Zandronum 1.3, which I know is important to you.

To be honest the stuff you made that won't work in 1.3 won't work in 2.0 (Since I do test in both to make sure it works in both), so no zoom/reloads. The Reload I'm not sure, but I can test it at a later point.
iSpook

Postby Ed the Bat » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:32 pm

Native Zoom/Reload won't work, but I believe the system for not having to select empty guns will work in 2.0 (as per our discussion earlier). I know for certain moving playerclass declaration to MAPINFO is still not supported in any version of Zandronum, sadly, and my grasp on how it can handle CVARs (my main method for the auto-reload) is tenuous.
Ed the Bat

Postby Wivicer » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:33 pm

Ed the Bat wrote:If I missed anything or made any mistakes, let me know.

Unknown jumpstate in the definition of the LI grenade launcher, the grenadethrow state is missing.
Wivicer

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Ed the Bat » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:35 pm

Thanks for the catch. Fixed and reuploaded.

Oh, just spotted a small bug in both versions. From the Redpillars actor:
Code: Select allExpand view
   COL4 L 1 A_jump(200,"Black","Gray","Bicolor","Dred","Green","orange")

There's no state called "Dred", so this prints a warning whenever the actor appears.
Ed the Bat

Postby iSpook » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:07 pm

Ed the Bat wrote:Oh, just spotted a small bug in both versions. From the Redpillars actor:
Code: Select allExpand view
   COL4 L 1 A_jump(200,"Black","Gray","Bicolor","Dred","Green","orange")

There's no state called "Dred", so this prints a warning whenever the actor appears.

Fixed.
iSpook

Postby scroton » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:37 am

scroton

Postby Ed the Bat » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:14 pm

Tiny update to the Plus Edition (same link as before). Fixed an error with the rail rifle not making noises (my mistake), and edited the Doom 1/Ultimate Doom intermissions directly so we no longer need to have MAPINFO definitions for every level.
Ed the Bat

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods