[Justamod] Shut up and Bleed. (Now in V0.4 flavor)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [Justamod] Shut up and Bleed. (Now in V0.4 flavor)

Postby Silentdarkness12 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:29 pm

Any other suggestions? I loaded up the first map and I IMMEDIATELY got gang-raped. Playing on the standard difficulty and it's chock-full of monsters.
Silentdarkness12
Level 7: ZScript Victim

Postby stroggkiller » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:51 pm

I think on sarge maps like holocaust, city assault, neighbors from hell and recurring nightmare
Others could be like the Brutalized doom maps
By Mr.chris and Doom One
stroggkiller

Postby Silentdarkness12 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:09 pm

Okay, I need to be more specific. I mean, a map that isn't chock a block full of monsters. Which all of those are.

I don't think SUAB tailors well to clusterf*ck maps. It feels like it tailors more to spooky ambient maps that go for smaller concentrations of initially easy, but later on, tough monsters.

I've tried the brutalized maps by Mr. Chris, again, you get trapped, overwhelmed, and slapped to death by Pithises and Roaches. Just tried Doom One. Again, that doesn't end well, because you get lots of projectile-chucking enemies and not enough weapons or ammo to survive. You'd have to be the god of kiting to pull that off. Couldn't make it past the first section.

I know what Sarge's maps are like. No thanks.
Silentdarkness12

Postby wildweasel » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:26 pm

Have you tried it with Thomas van der Velden's Revolution! (TVR!.wad)? That has a good slow start. The only potential headache you might run into is one specific train car in map01 that has a teleport trap full of imps and demons, but TVR! favors tricky monster placement over sheer numbers.
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Silentdarkness12 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:07 pm

wildweasel wrote:Have you tried it with Thomas van der Velden's Revolution! (TVR!.wad)? That has a good slow start. The only potential headache you might run into is one specific train car in map01 that has a teleport trap full of imps and demons, but TVR! favors tricky monster placement over sheer numbers.

Link? I seem to be having trouble finding it.
Silentdarkness12

Postby wildweasel » Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:24 pm

You can find it at /idgames.
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Silentdarkness12 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:09 pm

That's not a good sign. Unless someone knows a way to get past the part where you have to somehow take down a Satyr with almost no ammo and only 2 grenades in close quarters, along with all the other enemies, including SEVERAL Doormen, i'm gonna have to keep looking.

EDIT: Turning the difficulty all the way down to Lucid Dream is the only way I can call this one playable/fun in any way, shape or form.

EDIT 2: I see what's up with the Doormen. Try to not forget that Commander keen got replaced by a very aggravating monster that takes a lot of ammo to kill on anything but the wimpiest difficulty settings, and may or may not reward all the ammo you slap into that thing to kill it.
Silentdarkness12

Postby Nems » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:25 pm

Apologies for the necrobump, but I have to ask: is there a way to kill the Bloodfiend at all? I must have put over 9,000 rounds in it (figuratively speaking) and it's still coming back to life so I don't know if I'm supposed to kill it in a special way or what.

Enjoying the mod otherwise despite that nitpick.
Nems
Shitpost living

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Captain J » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:16 am

it is impossible to kill sometimes. yeah, i said that. it can be killed but sometimes not. so you have to ignore them and mind your own business if you don't want waste your ammo.

EDIT:
Ethril wrote:can't say for certain (I haven't played this in a while) but maybe you can crush the corpse under a door? That's worked for me with other self-resurrecting enemies in the past, so I figure it's worth a shot.
it still actually works. except in open places without doors or pressers, of course.
Last edited by Captain J on Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Captain J
'OH YE'

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby Ethril » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:38 am

Nems wrote:Apologies for the necrobump, but I have to ask: is there a way to kill the Bloodfiend at all? I must have put over 9,000 rounds in it (figuratively speaking) and it's still coming back to life so I don't know if I'm supposed to kill it in a special way or what.

Enjoying the mod otherwise despite that nitpick.

I can't say for certain (I haven't played this in a while) but maybe you can crush the corpse under a door? That's worked for me with other self-resurrecting enemies in the past, so I figure it's worth a shot.
Ethril
F1

Postby -Ghost- » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:41 pm

To be honest I sometimes just cheat my way through if a fight is particularly bad, as long as I don't have to do it a lot. For most gameplay mods you're not going to find a mapset that's a perfect fit, so you just have to tough out the rough spots.
-Ghost-

Postby Captain J » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:21 pm

call me a masochist or not, i find that very challenging and intense. and the flamethrower or a grenade launcher is quite useful in some sticky situation. if you think it's still hard, try to lower the difficulty.
Captain J
'OH YE'

Postby Abba Zabba » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:09 am

This (seems) to have gone unnoticed; the carbine CDS in scoped mode has no fire rate delay so you can just spam all 6 rounds off absurdly fast. Faster than fanning a hammer on a single action revolver. Not that it's really practical, but it can be exploited as a small bullet hose. Not to the mention the nature of the exploit leaves little reason to use the weapon unscoped, ever.
Abba Zabba

Postby Captain J » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:04 am

oh oh oh! time to report some bugs, huh? i got few of them!

- when i throw a hand grenade while holding the winchester rifle, it shows CDS carbine sprites.
- sometimes famine's exploding sphere doesn't appear but screaming, intentional?
- lividus sometimes stuck at some small places, especially at the tiny spaces for an ambush.
- when abaddon infights, sometimes it throws a fireball directly at me, this one's intentional too?

so, that's about it!
Captain J
'OH YE'

Postby Abba Zabba » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:12 am

Thought he fixed the carbine CDS visual bug when throwing grenades with the winchester? Guess it never got addressed.
Abba Zabba

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods