[Justamod] Shut up and Bleed. (Now in V0.4 flavor)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [Justamod] Shut up and Bleed. (Now in V0.4 flavor)

Postby Ed the Bat » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:56 pm

Oh no, quite the opposite. You made all my work official! That's what I was wishing for all along.
Ed the Bat
I'm tired. I want to go home.

Postby chronoteeth » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:53 pm

im glad u put the living gun in this rerelease, I know it was op but the risk reward with the hp made it rad
chronoteeth
abubub

Postby Abba Zabba » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:23 am

Typo: Lucid Dreaming difficulty reads "Maybe this just a dream"
Abba Zabba

Postby Captain J » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:27 pm

is this mod suddenly become a widescreen friendly?
i've downloaded it at the dropbox link and playing this with GZdoom g1.8.09-78-g1db064b, with 4:3 ratio and without any addons. if it's fine, not sure why it is.
Captain J
'OH YE'

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby JimmyJ » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:46 pm

I have a similar issue in 16:10 resolutions, if you force it to display at 16:9 it looks normal so it seems like a case of not being tested with anything but 16:9!
JimmyJ
AKA Catweasel

Postby wildweasel » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:21 pm

Quick tip for the author: you can create SBARINFO sub-blocks depending on what the chosen aspect ratio is. I'd recommend filing the current HUD into a section that only activates at 16:9, then making an alternative design for everything else (possibly shorten the text labels and bring the numbers closer together).
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby iSpook » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:42 pm

Captain J wrote:is this mod suddenly become a widescreen friendly? i've downloaded it at the dropbox link and playing this with GZdoom g1.8.09-78-g1db064b, with 4:3 ratio and without any addons. if it's fine, not sure why it is.

JimmyJ wrote:I have a similar issue in 16:10 resolutions, if you force it to display at 16:9 it looks normal so it seems like a case of not being tested with anything but 16:9!

Sorry guys, I've tried but actually adjusting the hud to different aspect ratios is just too much work for me. Either stick to 16:9 (or turn force AR off) or DIY, as rude as may be. :C
iSpook
What is this, I don't even.

Postby iSpook » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:41 pm

... Actually that was a horrible, horrible lie and I should be punished for it. Since I did this a few minutes ago. Totally not looking forwards to the automap stuff though. (FIrst link's in 5:4 (I think?) and second one's in 17:10, but it works in all Aspect ratios.)
iSpook

Postby Captain J » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:42 pm

well, glad it's redeemed. anyway one note; shotgun shells and a box for them doesn't play the pickup sound unlike the other ammo, haven't found some fitting sounds yet?
Captain J
'OH YE'

Postby iSpook » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:30 am

They actually DO have a pickup sound, it's just so quiet you can barely hear it. I've tried to fix it via SNDINFO but to no avail.

On a sidenote: Decided to move the ammo hud to strife's ammo/stat page. And I'm doing it so it works across all Aspect ratios. Fucking KILL ME PLEASE.
iSpook

Postby Captain J » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:38 am

iSpook wrote:They actually DO have a pickup sound, it's just so quiet you can barely hear it. I've tried to fix it via SNDINFO but to no avail.
i've noticed, but at least you can make it louder with sound editor or pick some useful sounds from some games or sites.

or replace it into shotgun insert sound, maybe? i can hear that one.

EDIT: and another question, one hand grenade gives you a maximum numbers of it, intentional?
Captain J
'OH YE'

Postby iSpook » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:11 am

Are you playing "No escape" difficulty? (Since it gives you double ammo, you'll get 2 instead of 1), did you pick up more than one? I just checked and you only get one per pickup. You start off with two, remember.
iSpook

Postby Captain J » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:48 am

i was played it on nightmare difficulty, and i suddenly got many grenades from one grenade. and it seems every difficulty has the same causes.

and i just spawned grenammo and it gave me only one grenade, but the grenade from rocket replacement gave me...8 of them;
Code: Select allExpand view
Actor Rammo replaces Rocketammo
{
   DropItem "Smallgas" 200, 25
   DropItem "Gcase" 180, 3
   Dropitem "GrenAmmo" 140, 8 <- i think it's the problem.
   States
   {
   Spawn:
      TNT1 A 0
      TNT1 A 1 A_Fall
      Stop
   }
}
Captain J
'OH YE'

Postby -Ghost- » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:32 pm

This is probably outside the scope of the mod, but I'd love to see more zombified enemies, like the corpses that occasionally revive. The basic enemies in general I think could use another pass to be more frightening looking/sounding, maybe as a separate addon pack or something. Some nasty looking walking corpses with creepy sounds would be a step in the right direction, I think.
-Ghost-

Postby Abba Zabba » Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:18 pm

I've thought the same thing with the mutilated corpses in all the classic Doom games...I can see in this mod especially straight up zombies shuffling around amongst the demons. Maybe make all the marine corpses spawn a zombie that's already risen or can rise...with some of them being the marine zombies, which, due to armor, would be harder to take down.
Abba Zabba

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods