Your Name: Lieutenant John Doom. Your Mission:

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: <!> Grenades & melee attacking in Brutal & Vanilla Doom

Postby Mav3rick » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:36 pm

Well for what i see, the enemies bar disapears if you change the hub view.. here is a example
Spoiler: full hub

Spoiler: less hub


dunno if this may be your problem Shadez12 ó and i use gzdoom g1.9 just in case ;)
User avatar
Mav3rick
Need some light??
 
Joined: 13 Jan 2013
Location: Hell

Re: <!> Grenades & melee attacking in Brutal & Vanilla Doom

Postby Shadez12 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:54 pm

Well I finally fixed the the problem by using gzdoom-G1.9pre-828-g60ff6c5. Thanks guys :)
User avatar
Shadez12
Wow
 
Joined: 03 Aug 2013
Location: Wow

Re: <!> Grenades & melee attacking in Brutal & Vanilla Doom

Postby Carbine Dioxide » Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:48 pm

Mav3rick wrote:Well for what i see, the enemies bar disapears if you change the hub view.. here is a example
Spoiler: full hub

Spoiler: less hub


dunno if this may be your problem Shadez12 ó and i use gzdoom g1.9 just in case ;)


Looks like that lost soul has not Brutal DooM flames, do you mind explaining?
User avatar
Carbine Dioxide
You shouldve seen the look on your face
 
Joined: 12 Jun 2014
Location: Anywhere.

Re: <!> Grenades & melee attacking in Brutal & Vanilla Doom

Postby Mav3rick » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:34 pm

Carbine Dioxide wrote:Looks like that lost soul has not Brutal DooM flames, do you mind explaining?


And what it means brutal doom flames?? no idea what do you want me to explain from :?
User avatar
Mav3rick
Need some light??
 
Joined: 13 Jan 2013
Location: Hell

Re: <!> Grenades & melee attacking in Brutal & Vanilla Doom

Postby Carbine Dioxide » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:41 pm

The effects that come from the Brutal Doom lost soul. You are playing Brutal Doom in that screen shot, yes.
User avatar
Carbine Dioxide
You shouldve seen the look on your face
 
Joined: 12 Jun 2014
Location: Anywhere.

Re: <!> Grenades & melee attacking in Brutal & Vanilla Doom

Postby Mav3rick » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:50 pm

Carbine Dioxide wrote:The effects that come from the Brutal Doom lost soul. You are playing Brutal Doom in that screen shot, yes.

Well as "brutal doom" the normal one, nope, im playing this mod, no idea lost soul have any special effect, maybe Johnny remove that
User avatar
Mav3rick
Need some light??
 
Joined: 13 Jan 2013
Location: Hell

Re: Grenades & melee attacking in Brutal & Vanilla Doom

Postby johnny » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:31 pm

Glad you got your hud problem fixed Shadez!

Regarding the lost souls, there's no brutal doom flames because that's one of the special souls the last boss spawns. I didn't want to fuck with them and end up breaking a script or something, but now that I think about it I'm sure it'll be fine to change. I've got another update coming in the next hour or so, so I'll take care of the souls too.
User avatar
johnny
MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE
 
Joined: 02 Jun 2010
Location: pelagiad

Re: Grenades & melee attacking in Brutal & Vanilla Doom

Postby skyrish10 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:11 pm

johnny wrote:Image


Umm Johnny, the title picture is misleading, there are no Gorillas in doom.
User avatar
skyrish10
Rinoa
 
Joined: 02 Apr 2011
Location: Deling City

Re: Grenades & melee attacking in Brutal & Vanilla Doom

Postby johnny » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:58 pm

I know this--he is merely showing his approval for this mod I have assembled.

NEW VERSION and probs the last version til the next brutal doom comes out. That's gonna be a bitch to update all of this to. Anyways, I redid a lot of things in this version, namely the plasma rifle, ally radio, tracers, and a lot of sounds. I ditched the old plasmagun sprites in favor of some vanilla(ish) ones because a couple people said they didn't like them, plus they didn't mesh well with the other guns. It also beeps now before it overheats so you have a better idea of when it's going to happen. It can fire ten more shots before overheating if you want to just spam it, and if you lay off the spamming, the ready state cools the gun down twice as fast now. Also fixed a bug where after overheating you could instantly fire the secondary mode without having to power it up first.

Allies... I shut them up quite a bit. They only had a 10 or so percent chance to talk before but somehow that was still too much, so now it's waaay way lower to the point where they'll speak up only on rare occasions. I mean like 1.5% of the time. They also spawn a lot more reliably now, as they would sometimes spawn under the floor or something and just not appear. They radio fails less now too, and allies will spawn as different colors depending on what gun they have.

Tracers are cooler now, and I don't really know how to explain it better beyond that. I slowed them down a little so you can see them fucking up the bad guys and there's a couple new bullet whizzing sounds ripped from conker's bad fur day. A big chunk of the new sounds came from that game actually.

That's the main stuff, I can't remember the smaller tweaks but they're good ones. KDIZD got a few little fixes and updates too, as well as the imp randomizer. Check the OP for a full changelog and new filezzzzzzz thanks dudes

EDIT: OH YEAH and fatalities are a tad different. The imp grenades thing is no more--instead ALL fatalities give you +1 grenade, in addition to whatever the normal bonus is. Zombies still have a chance (albeit lower than before) to drop ONE grenade instead of two, too.
Last edited by johnny on Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
johnny
MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE
 
Joined: 02 Jun 2010
Location: pelagiad

Re: Grenades & melee attacking in Brutal & Vanilla Doom

Postby skyrish10 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:00 am

johnny wrote:I know this--he is merely showing his approval for this mod I have assembled.

NEW VERSION and probs the last version til the next brutal doom comes out. That's gonna be a bitch to update all of this to. Anyways, I redid a lot of things in this version, namely the plasma rifle, ally radio, tracers, and a lot of sounds. I ditched the old plasmagun sprites in favor of some vanilla(ish) ones because a couple people said they didn't like them, plus they didn't mesh well with the other guns. It also beeps now before it overheats so you have a better idea of when it's going to happen. It can fire ten more shots before overheating if you want to just spam it, and if you lay off the spamming, the ready state cools the gun down twice as fast now. Also fixed a bug where after overheating you could instantly fire the secondary mode without having to power it up first.

Allies... I shut them up quite a bit. They only had a 10 or so percent chance to talk before but somehow that was still too much, so now it's waaay way lower to the point where they'll speak up only on rare occasions. I mean like 1.5% of the time. They also spawn a lot more reliably now, as they would sometimes spawn under the floor or something and just not appear. They radio fails less now too, and allies will spawn as different colors depending on what gun they have.

Tracers are cooler now, and I don't really know how to explain it better beyond that. I slowed them down a little so you can see them fucking up the bad guys and there's a couple new bullet whizzing sounds ripped from conker's bad fur day. A big chunk of the new sounds came from that game actually.

That's the main stuff, I can't remember the smaller tweaks but they're good ones. KDIZD got a few little fixes and updates too, as well as the imp randomizer. Check the OP for a full changelog and new filezzzzzzz thanks dudes


And what about the title picture above, why there is gorilla thumbs up, there are no gorillas in Doom, change it
User avatar
skyrish10
Rinoa
 
Joined: 02 Apr 2011
Location: Deling City

Re: Grenades & melee attacking in Brutal & Vanilla Doom

Postby wildweasel » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:03 am

skyrish10 wrote:And what about the title picture above, why there is gorilla thumbs up, there are no gorillas in Doom, change it

And what about your avatar, why is there a space marine from 40K? There are no 40K marines in Doom, change it.

(I hope that, by mimicking your post, I have demonstrated how unreasonable you are being.)
User avatar
wildweasel
from a different perspective.
Moderator Team Lead
 
Joined: 15 Jul 2003

Re: <!> Grenades & melee attacking in Brutal & Vanilla Doom

Postby johnny » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:06 am

Wait, we're being serious here? I thought you were trying to be funny by pointing out something obvious all snarky-like. But lol no, go away
User avatar
johnny
MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE
 
Joined: 02 Jun 2010
Location: pelagiad

Re: <!> Grenades & melee attacking in Brutal & Vanilla Doom

Postby Carbine Dioxide » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:12 am

The "winners don't use drugs" thing isn't that realistic in Doom either. I am sure Doom Guy got blazed during his breaks from killing demons. :P
User avatar
Carbine Dioxide
You shouldve seen the look on your face
 
Joined: 12 Jun 2014
Location: Anywhere.

Re: <!> Grenades & melee attacking in Brutal & Vanilla Doom

Postby johnny » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:28 am

Nor is it realistic in real life (LOLZ). This entire mod was possible because drugs!
User avatar
johnny
MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE
 
Joined: 02 Jun 2010
Location: pelagiad

Re: <!> Grenades & melee attacking in Brutal & Vanilla Doom

Postby Devianteist » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:12 am

An issue I have litterally just run into; I just donwloaded the latest version of your mod, and for some reason, when I start up a game, it immediately crashes/gives me a fatal error and closes.

I get no errors at startup, and I am using the last 1.9 (G)ZDoom git/SVN build. What could be the issue? :(
User avatar
Devianteist
Dev, resident lurking user.
 
Joined: 24 Sep 2014
Location: Creating a SPACE HULK conversion!
Discord: #0561

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Irrevenant, rockman, Starman the Blaziken and 8 guests