Your Name: Lieutenant John Doom. Your Mission:

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
johnny

Re: Your Name: Lieutenant John Doom. Your Mission:

Post by johnny »

Hi! I have no idea so you’re welcome to try it, but I really really doubt it. Even if it does work, it won’t be fun because you need keys for punch, kick, and grenade toss and I don’t know how you’d do that with a touch screen.
Whoah

Post by Whoah »

The Philosopher wrote:Hello, can i run this mod in Delta Touch? because the description says it only runs on a "vintage" version of gzdoom
It does indeed work with Delta Touch, and it's really effin' fun
thedeathrunner123
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Pro
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by thedeathrunner123 »

does anybody know where I can get a version of the hxtrc hud for johnny doom?
Gurziak

Post by Gurziak »

johnny wrote:Hi! I have no idea so you’re welcome to try it, but I really really doubt it. Even if it does work, it won’t be fun because you need keys for punch, kick, and grenade toss and I don’t know how you’d do that with a touch screen.
You can use a gamepad. That's what I do. I'd recommend using PyWeaponWheel and Autoaim addons that's on here.

(Turn volume down)

https://youtu.be/sS1RzIoIxO0
BigDingus3000

Post by BigDingus3000 »

Hello again, been experimenting with this quite a bit, it works on a heckofa lot of map packs so have been having a grand ol time. Even Unloved works great. Tried it out with https://www.moddb.com/mods/zbloody-hell recently, it seems to work completely aside from one tiiiiny detail... whenever I get shot my crosshair will jitter quite violently from side to side - any way to mitigate that? Reached out to that mod's author and they said it has to be due to this mod rather than theirs. Thanks a ton!
Ninobanaani

Post by Ninobanaani »

Works well on latest GZdoom here, no problems from what I can see. I gotta say, this mod is like the concept of brutal doom, but made like atleast 10x better, everything is so satisfying, there's much more animations, the gore is amazing, as are the weapons and some of the 3d models, you have glory kills with some more purpose to them than just health, grenades and just in general, great fun to play.
DarkPh4

Post by DarkPh4 »

Hello johnny! This is a pretty interesting mod, but I think I have an annoying bug. On the hardest difficulty you can't headshot anyone. Is this intended? I have no problems on other difficulties.
goldenmob72

Post by goldenmob72 »

Will you add green blood for the BoH and Hell Knights ? or make a patch for it
Moktar

Post by Moktar »

I found a bug. It does occur in MAP01 of Ultimate Simplicity. Specifically on the exit room: after killing the Hell Knight the exit switch is intended to lower in order to complete the level, but this doesn't happen, leading the player to get trapped in that room, apparently a script execution problem. It only happens with Johnny DOOM as I have tested it with other mods and Brutal DOOM v20 and v21.
BigDingus3000

Post by BigDingus3000 »

Running into the same thing as Moktar here - on map02 of doom64 retribution, doesn't allow you to progress after picking up the chaingun. Works in brutal doom v21
TheSuperPlayer

Post by TheSuperPlayer »

Damn it... I forgot the new updates!

*sigh*... Yes, I know that this could sound strange but... Did someone has a "pwadbase" where you put all the previous releases? Ok it sounds a little akward but let me explain.

I have a little (maybe not so little) obsession to have all the versions of my favourites mods, because I like to review all the changes that existed between the different versions and compare them to see all the progress. It's something I like to do after getting knew that existed alpha versions of the original Doom, and since then I like to go through the whole versions looking how the things changed.

Yup, it is strange and something that someone that it's just not so sane like me does when it's nothing better to do in qarantine, there's nothing unusual here. (Yup, if you say so...)

So, having explained it... Did someone have the previous releases? I'm get stuck in the BDJ20c and after almost a year of not playing Doom (I was very VERY busy last year) I realized that it existed an "f" release (or "d5", which it's kinda the same thing).

Oh, and I almost forgot it. When I said if someone has all the previous releases I said ALL of them. I get lost the oringinal BDJ version (yeah, the one without the "20") for whanever reason (I can't remember why actually) and that's it, it's all for now.

Thank you for reading my crazy things, and I'm would be glad if someone does me this favor. Good bye and have a great night.
TheHit_61x

Post by TheHit_61x »

Hello all, I wanted to ask how do you get the Blaster Rifle? I cant seem to get it even if i use commands. Thanks
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

You have to type a command in the console (default key is '). There is a quit message which teaches how to do it.
TheHit_61x

Post by TheHit_61x »

Dr_Cosmobyte wrote:You have to type a command in the console (default key is '). There is a quit message which teaches how to do it.

Sorry but whats a quit message? Ive never heard that before.

I also wanted to ask if there was an option to get rid of all the jibs since turning on Low Graphic Mode doesnt help that much in terms of performance since theres still quite some jibs and guts all over the floor specially playing wads like Scythe (Later levels). I dont know if there could be an option like in Brutal doomv21 where all the blood and jib/guts are removed instantly while paying by setting the amount of max wall decals and max gibs and blood pools to 0.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

a quit message is a message which appears when you... quit the game, and it asks you to confirm.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”