Your Name: Lieutenant John Doom. Your Mission:

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
johnny

Re: JohnnyDoom - let's fighting love

Post by johnny »

Lmaoooo slax I missed you you are the man
Korell

Post by Korell »

Something seems wrong with the Johnny Doom crosshair. When you have the GZDoom crosshair turned off (force default crosshair set to off) then the Johnny Doom crosshair shows up for the weapons - each weapon having a slightly different crosshair design. However, when you then change the crosshair scaling the crosshair moves down the screen as it gets bigger and up the screen as it gets smaller, so it doesn't really reflect where you are targetting at all. In fact, when it is at the maximum size it appears over the top of the weapon. It seems to be at its smallest and highest at a scaling value of 0.05, as when you go that addition step to a scaling value of 0 it gets slightly larger and slightly lower (very similar to the size and position of a value of 0.2).
Dwailing
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Dwailing »

So... one of the messages that pops up when you get a bunch of kills with a grenade is, "Ha! Fags!"? Really? Just... really? To borrow a quote from Fyodor Karamazov, "I am... unimpressed. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that I've lost all respect for you." Like, I get that this mod has a tongue in cheek, over the top sense of humor, but it's not Moonman Doom. Just casually throwing in an anti-gay slur is not cool.
Neophyte_Ronin

Post by Neophyte_Ronin »

Slade 3 is right there. Download, look up the code for the lackluster quote, and then figure out a way to randomize a whole set of catchy one-liners, or even voice them yourself! Example: "If assholes could fly, you'd be flying assholes!"
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Neophyte_Ronin wrote:Slade 3 is right there. Download, look up the code for the lackluster quote, and then figure out a way to randomize a whole set of catchy one-liners, or even voice them yourself! Example: "If assholes could fly, you'd be flying assholes!"
As much as you've got a point, I would agree with them that we could really stand to do much better than that as a community. It may be just one word, but that means it should be that much easier to not include said word to begin with.
Zenon
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Zenon »

Dwailing wrote:Stuff
To borrow a quote from Aesop
"You can't please everyone"
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Zenon wrote:To borrow a quote from Aesop
"You can't please everyone"
And this is forgetting entirely that it's possible to please pretty much anyone without resorting to offensive quotes.
affandede

Post by affandede »

That's the negativity that leads this community to a flame war every once in a while. I guess johnny will be our new Sarge. Here we go.
RiboNucleic Asshat
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by RiboNucleic Asshat »

I sincerely doubt he's gonna become the new Sarge, especially since he already seems a hell of a lot more reasonable. It's not like people are asking he be killed immediately, just that a single quote get removed.

And, also, are you seriously gonna get more upset that people don't like a slur being used regardless of context, than what that word represents and has been associated with? Would you say the same about the N word, which is one of the main things that revealed what a shitbird Sarge is? I realize the two words are hardly close in severity but they're in the same class nonetheless.
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

It's a quote, my dudes.
Spoiler:
Dwailing wrote:it's not Moonman Doom
Correct. No need for outrage.
JadedLexi

Post by JadedLexi »

Slax wrote:It's a quote, my dudes.
Spoiler:
Dwailing wrote:it's not Moonman Doom
Correct. No need for outrage.
As much as you want this argument to invalidate everyone else's opinion, it doesn't.
RiboNucleic Asshat
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by RiboNucleic Asshat »

Slax wrote:It's a quote, my dudes.

I can think of tons of quotes that you proooobably wouldn't feel comfortable defending with "It's just a quote"
BoneofMalkav

Post by BoneofMalkav »

For a bunch of people who "don't want johnny's head on a pike" you all seem to want his head on a pike. Guess I'll get banned now.
JadedLexi

Post by JadedLexi »

BoneofMalkav wrote:For a bunch of people who "don't want johnny's head on a pike" you all seem to want his head on a pike. Guess I'll get banned now.
I didn't get that impression.
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

RiboNucleic Asshat wrote:snip
Just pointing out where it came from. A quote from a less than politically correct character in a less than politically correct show.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”