Your Name: Lieutenant John Doom. Your Mission:

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
heron

Re: JohnnyDoom - creative names for doom mods

Post by heron »

Loku wrote:It sounds like you two are comparing the latest version of JohnnyDoom (what I edited) to the older build that was posted by CasualScrub. In that case, the amount of damage you need to do to get the headshot splatter kill is higher in the latest version, so some weapons like the rifle won’t trigger that animation(you still technically get a headshot).....
Dude, thank you so much. This is great! :cheers:

Can anyone contact johnny and let him know? Maybe he has some ideas to grow his baby now that the issue is fixed.
Chloroxite

Post by Chloroxite »

Dear god why is the hud so big and how can I fix it?
Korell

Post by Korell »

Chloroxite wrote:Dear god why is the hud so big and how can I fix it?
Go to Options -> HUD Options -> Scaling Options -> Fullscreen HUD and change the value there. Personally, I like a value of 4 as it gives easily readable numbers for all four areas of the HUD, but you may prefer the default scale (which seems to be used by values 1, 2 and 3). Scale to fullscreen gives a very large HUD which is just too big.
jimbob

Post by jimbob »

Something is wrong. Movement speed for monsters (shotgunners, riflemen, etc.) is way too slow(motion).
I use GZDoom 3.2.5 and the fixed version of JohnnyDoom that was posted some weeks ago.
Korell

Post by Korell »

jimbob wrote:Something is wrong. Movement speed for monsters (shotgunners, riflemen, etc.) is way too slow(motion).
I use GZDoom 3.2.5 and the fixed version of JohnnyDoom that was posted some weeks ago.
I've not seen this, though I have since updated as the GZDoom releases came out, so I'm now on 3.3.2.
Maybe try deleting your ini file to reset the settings and see if you can gradually re-apply them and find out if any cause the issue to start happening again?
jimbob

Post by jimbob »

Korell wrote:
jimbob wrote:Something is wrong. Movement speed for monsters (shotgunners, riflemen, etc.) is way too slow(motion).
I've not seen this, though I have since updated as the GZDoom releases came out, so I'm now on 3.3.2.
Maybe try deleting your ini file to reset the settings and see if you can gradually re-apply them and find out if any cause the issue to start happening again?
Thanks a lot! Deleting the ini file fixed the problem for me.
Certainly Syrix

Post by Certainly Syrix »

Korell wrote: Go to Options -> HUD Options -> Scaling Options -> Fullscreen HUD and change the value there. Personally, I like a value of 4 as it gives easily readable numbers for all four areas of the HUD, but you may prefer the default scale (which seems to be used by values 1, 2 and 3). Scale to fullscreen gives a very large HUD which is just too big.
None of the hud scaling options seem to affect anything for me. I tried it out on previous versions, from 3.2.5 to 3.5.1 and it doesn't seem to make much of a difference.
Korell

Post by Korell »

Certainly Syrix wrote:
Korell wrote: Go to Options -> HUD Options -> Scaling Options -> Fullscreen HUD and change the value there. Personally, I like a value of 4 as it gives easily readable numbers for all four areas of the HUD, but you may prefer the default scale (which seems to be used by values 1, 2 and 3). Scale to fullscreen gives a very large HUD which is just too big.
None of the hud scaling options seem to affect anything for me. I tried it out on previous versions, from 3.2.5 to 3.5.1 and it doesn't seem to make much of a difference.
Here are my settings, on a 1680x1050 monitor. You can see the settings and the HUD size.

Certainly Syrix

Post by Certainly Syrix »

Korell wrote: Here are my settings, on a 1680x1050 monitor. You can see the settings and the HUD size.
Yeah, I tried those same settings. Doesn't seem to matter if I set Fullscreen HUD to 1 or to 8, it stays the same size. I'm using a 1920x1080 monitor btw.
user5124

Post by user5124 »

Loku wrote:I’m late to this mod but I've really enjoyed what I have played so far. Unfortunately, I ran into the previously mentioned performance bug where FPS would start off fine and then tank 15-20 minutes into a map even if all the blood and gore was removed/disabled. It looks like no one has posted a fix for this so I figured I would.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1e5I5X ... FQK6jbba4Z

Just to be clear, this edit fixes a specific performance issue that was affecting even high-end machines and it removes the forced scaling on the hud.

It DOES NOT help with performance issues related to low-end hardware, newer GZDoom versions, rendering huge amounts of gore in a single area, etc.
Incredible work.
You really should reach out to Johnny, as I understand it this bug was something that he despised. I think he would be happy to know it's been slain.

As for the rest of us, this means we can now enjoy his creation. Fantastic work! :wub:
Beezle

Post by Beezle »

user5124 wrote: Incredible work.
You really should reach out to Johnny, as I understand it this bug was something that he despised. I think he would be happy to know it's been slain.

As for the rest of us, this means we can now enjoy his creation. Fantastic work! :wub:
What version of GZDoom are you using? Every time I load lagfix I get this error:

Code: Select all

Script error, "JohnnyDoomLagFix.pk3:cvarinfo" Line 1:
cvar 'bd_lowgraphicsmode' already exists
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

Getting a cvar already exists means you're loading 2 mods that both use the same name cvar. This is usually due to loading the same mod twice. I'm guessing the lagfix file is standalone and not meant to be loaded alongside the core mod.
Beezle

Post by Beezle »

Rowsol wrote:Getting a cvar already exists means you're loading 2 mods that both use the same name cvar. This is usually due to loading the same mod twice. I'm guessing the lagfix file is standalone and not meant to be loaded alongside the core mod.
Ah damn, I didn't even notice they're about the same file size til I saw your post haha, thanks Rowsol! Works just fine.
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

I've come across an issue that didn't seem to happen before lagfix (no clue if this happens on the non lagfix version) where heads actually make monsters MORE resilient as shooting them in the head deals either seemingly no damage (if you shoot high enough to not hit the body at the same time) or extremely minimal damage. I don't have new monsters loaded.

This is a consistent demonstration of this happening.

It makes the mod significantly more difficult than it used to be.
johnny

Post by johnny »

Hey friends! So I am absolutely over the fucking moon happy about that script bug finally being discovered and fixed. You have NO IDEA how many times I rewrote the gore/blood code thinking that was the problem. Lols it was literally one line in a script. Loku, you are a gentleman and a scholar, and you have my eternal thanks. I've been chugging away over the last month and a half getting everything in order, and can happily say that this bad boy is feature complete, super polished, and most importantly, DOES NOT LAG. I'm putting the finishing touches on a new title screen that will do America proud, and then I'll unleash the final version on yall in the next couple days. <3

Return to “Gameplay Mods”