Your Name: Lieutenant John Doom. Your Mission:

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
johnny

Re: JohnnyDoom - beer, meat, big tits, fast cars

Post by johnny »

Okay dudes, crosshairs are fixed. Also tweaked the manc cannon and revenant missiles to make them a little nicer. I centered the crosshairs perfectly and they were way, waaaay too high and terrible, so I moved them down but only a tiny bit this time so the scaling won't radically alter its position. Also fixed a bug where you could one shot the mastermind if you shot his head with the plasma secondary. No bueno!
affandede

Re: JohnnyDoom - I change the title when there's updates

Post by affandede »

Thanks man, it is perfect now.

I've been meaning to ask, I want to tweak some of my favorite mods so they can show key locations on automap like Johnny Doom because I can't be considered a very bright person and I usually get lost on any map bigger than my backyard. I have explored jd with slade a bit, to no avail. Is this something difficult to do? Or can I crank something like this up by myself?
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

affandede wrote:Thanks man, it is perfect now.

I've been meaning to ask, I want to tweak some of my favorite mods so they can show key locations on automap like Johnny Doom because I can't be considered a very bright person and I usually get lost on any map bigger than my backyard. I have explored jd with slade a bit, to no avail. Is this something difficult to do? Or can I crank something like this up by myself?
This is very easy. Just add EasyKey to the skill in MAPINFO.
johnny

Post by johnny »

Yup. Easykey is essential as far as I’m concerned. There are far too many maps with extremely well hidden keys that completely ruin the flow. Mapsets like no rest for the living do keys the best.
affandede

Post by affandede »

It doesn't help on the latest Project Brutality git build. I've tried it with both gzdoom 3.7.2 legacy and 4.0. I guess there is something funky with keys on PB's end.
Mataku

Post by Mataku »

So, wanted to try this mod out after seeing the Doom Mod Madness on this, but um...if it's just a problem with the version of GZDoom I'm using I apologize, but I can't seem to get rid of this insane amount of view tilting, every step the camera tilts hard to the right or left and is rather offputting, any ideas for how to turn this off? (If I missed something obvious I again apologize)
Samarai1000
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Samarai1000 »

Hey, I've found a potential softlock/bug with fatalities. It seems like you're able to be 'hurt' during fatalities, and this results in the animation restarting. If you're being attacked by multiple enemies this can get you stuck in a loop, and even if you do eventually get out you will have amassed a ludicrous amount of ill-gotten jpoints and bonuses.
Edit: This seems to mainly happen with Pinky fatalities, but I'll edit this post if it turns out it happens to other monsters.
johnny

Post by johnny »

Mataku wrote:So, wanted to try this mod out after seeing the Doom Mod Madness on this, but um...if it's just a problem with the version of GZDoom I'm using I apologize, but I can't seem to get rid of this insane amount of view tilting, every step the camera tilts hard to the right or left and is rather offputting, any ideas for how to turn this off? (If I missed something obvious I again apologize)
My man! I had no idea I appeared on DMM, that's awesome, thanks for the heads up. View tilting is built in but it shouldn't be insane, it's supposed to be subtle. Hmmm. You can turn it off in JD options though. Go to "camera movement tilting" and switch it off. Bingo bango tilting gone.
Samarai1000 wrote:Hey, I've found a potential softlock/bug with fatalities. It seems like you're able to be 'hurt' during fatalities, and this results in the animation restarting. If you're being attacked by multiple enemies this can get you stuck in a loop, and even if you do eventually get out you will have amassed a ludicrous amount of ill-gotten jpoints and bonuses.
Edit: This seems to mainly happen with Pinky fatalities, but I'll edit this post if it turns out it happens to other monsters.
Dude I noticed this yesterday with the mech pinky and I'm still trying to figure out wtf is causing it. I got caught in a loop of slamming him to the ground over and over. Is it getting hurt that does it? I spammed the code to turn off invincibility ALL OVER the player decorate so that invincibility is for sure only on during the fatalities, so it's very possible that it's getting turned off by entering the player's pain state a split second before the fatality starts, causing a loop. INTREDASTINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG thank you for the hint, I think I might know what to do now.
Mataku

Post by Mataku »

johnny wrote:
Mataku wrote:So, wanted to try this mod out after seeing the Doom Mod Madness on this, but um...if it's just a problem with the version of GZDoom I'm using I apologize, but I can't seem to get rid of this insane amount of view tilting, every step the camera tilts hard to the right or left and is rather offputting, any ideas for how to turn this off? (If I missed something obvious I again apologize)
My man! I had no idea I appeared on DMM, that's awesome, thanks for the heads up. View tilting is built in but it shouldn't be insane, it's supposed to be subtle. Hmmm. You can turn it off in JD options though. Go to "camera movement tilting" and switch it off. Bingo bango tilting gone.
Tried that, but it didn't work, I was using the most recent version of GZDoom, 4.whatever, so I hopped back to try it in 3.7.2, and that fixed it! So...yeah, camera movement tilting is really crazy and unturnoffable in 4.current version.
johnny

Post by johnny »

Well good deal I'm glad that fixed it. Yeah idk what's going on with the new gzdooms man, a lot of old stuff seems to be broken currently but I'm sure that'll change as bugs are worked out. For now, 3.7.2 will do the trick.
Mataku

Post by Mataku »

johnny wrote:Well good deal I'm glad that fixed it. Yeah idk what's going on with the new gzdooms man, a lot of old stuff seems to be broken currently but I'm sure that'll change as bugs are worked out. For now, 3.7.2 will do the trick.
Works for me! And as I did try and play a bit with the janked out camera, I absolutely love the mod so far!
johnny

Post by johnny »

Makes me very happy to hear, thanks! If you're looking for some stuff to play it with, definitely check these out:

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/level ... phobosdemi
https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/level ... ds/jenesis
https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/level ... d-f/fth666

These three have been my favs lately, especially episode 1 of that first one.
Korell

Post by Korell »

I'd just like to add that I'm using GZDoom 4.0.0 (x64) and the camera tilting works perfectly fine for me. It's only a slight tilt when it's turned on, and with the option turned off it correctly stops the tilting completely.
johnny

Post by johnny »

Korell wrote:I'd just like to add that I'm using GZDoom 4.0.0 (x64) and the camera tilting works perfectly fine for me. It's only a slight tilt when it's turned on, and with the option turned off it correctly stops the tilting completely.
Lol WAT. HOWWWWW are some people getting such weird results? Who the fuck even knows. My only guess is that he played nash’s tilt mod by itself at one point, changed the settings to something crazy, and then those settings saved to his ini file and carried over to Johnny Doom. Regardless, I removed all the zscript for the extra movement tiltings beyond strafe tilting and reuploaded just in case.
Korell

Post by Korell »

johnny wrote:
Korell wrote:I'd just like to add that I'm using GZDoom 4.0.0 (x64) and the camera tilting works perfectly fine for me. It's only a slight tilt when it's turned on, and with the option turned off it correctly stops the tilting completely.
Lol WAT. HOWWWWW are some people getting such weird results? Who the fuck even knows. My only guess is that he played nash’s tilt mod by itself at one point, changed the settings to something crazy, and then those settings saved to his ini file and carried over to Johnny Doom. Regardless, I removed all the zscript for the extra movement tiltings beyond strafe tilting and reuploaded just in case.
Quite possibly. I use separate ini files for each gameplay mod and levelset. I even created a new one for Johnny Doom with GZDoom 4.0.0 due to some of the older CVARs being no longer used.

But yes, so far GZDoom 4.0.0 has worked fine for me with Johnny Doom. The animated intro, the view tilting, the speed of it. It's all good so far.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”