Your Name: Lieutenant John Doom. Your Mission:

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Re: JohnnyDoom - let's fighting love

Post by Slax »

johnny wrote:Just downloaded a fresh gzdoom, then downloaded from both links. Both files are 100% identical lol ya'll are NUTS, there aren't two different versions out there.
Sure there are. You just updated the mega link. :?

Here's the old link in case anyone wants that version. Doesn't have the camera twitch thing for fatalities, in case anyone's interested in looking that over.
https://mega.nz/#!IpdWRQqS!4aIhY2d3kC4G ... spXX003qJ8
johnny

Post by johnny »

I honestly did not man, I wouldn't lie about something that pointless. I removed the link when you told me they were different, then when I got home I tried them both and saw they were the same, and I guess mega gives you a fresh url every time you press share and I had already deleted the last one from the OP so I didn't remember it. They're the same, you probably just kept the version before the last update.
Whoah wrote:I'll have to check in a moment, as I've turned off the extra enemy variants. I also noticed that the grenade boxes don't have a sprite. At least I'm pretty sure. I just know there have been times where I'm blasting my way through a bunch of demons, and I randomly get 10 grenades from a box. I'll tell you if I notice anything else, and if the imp issue has persisted when I return to my computer!

Edit: Fatalities seem to jerk my camera up so I'm looking directly down on the animation as it plays. Not too bad, since I can just quickly look back down, but still a teensy bit inconvenient

Edit 2: This may be intentional, but I seem to just respawn at the beginning of the level when I die, even when I'm not playing on Metal Slug X difficulty

Edit 3: Nevermind, the grenade box does have a sprite, it's just tiny. But the pinky variants are spawning standard pinky arms upon dismemberment, and Hell Knight heads phase in and out of reality after being forcefully detached from their bodies. Cyber Hell Knights also seem to be unaffected by explosive headshots

Guess what? Edit 4: Hell Noble deaths across the board are kinda buggy. Corpses and gibs seem to just kinda disappear pretty often
The fatality camera adds the current pitch you're aiming at to the camera spawn point for some reason. I agree that that is stupid so that's now fixed for the next update. And yeah, I added respawning to every difficulty for the hell of it. Do you ever use saves? I know I never do. I have resurrect bound to a key lol and I hit it every single time I die, ain't nobody got time for that. I figured respawning at the beginning is a good compromise rather than straight up cheating. I'll make the grenade box sprite bigger too, and I just fixed the cyber night headshot thing, I definitely would have missed that thank you. Is the hell noble the baron or the knight? Corpses and gibs are supposed to disappear after like 4 and a half minutes but not instantly, do they clip through walls or something?
Last edited by johnny on Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

I noticed that the links had different versions the day you posted the update. "Oh, ok." Figured I'd say something eventually. Deleted old file, got the new one, started playing, wanted to compare things with the older version, went here, hit the mega link, got the old version again.
Checked my history for the old link this time.

OH WELL. Everything's fine now. Doesn't matter.
Whoah

Post by Whoah »

The Hell Knights sometimes disappear when in certain death sequences, and one time a severed head just kinda disappeared and reappeared over and over again. Not sure with the Hell Baron. And the respawn thing makes sense. Doesn't really matter for me, since I can just load my last save. Just thought it might be a bug
johnny

Post by johnny »

Slax wrote:I noticed that the links had different versions the day you posted the update. "Oh, ok." Figured I'd say something eventually. Deleted old file, got the new one, started playing, wanted to compare things with the older version, went here, hit the mega link, got the old version again.
Checked my history for the old link this time.
OH WELL. Everything's fine now. Doesn't matter.
Intredasting. Well whatevs. The same link is supposed to lead to the newest revision of whatever file you put there but maybe it doesn't do that on mega. I know it does on dropbox.
Enjay wrote:
Korell wrote:I don't know if there are certain offsets for the crosshairs. I do know that the GZDoom crosshairs are slightly higher than the actual hit area when you target very close walls/objects, but as they get further away they seem more accurate, and this has been queried on the forums before, but a reason for it was given.
The problem is that the crosshairs sit in the middle of the view, but where the attacks originate from is lower. You can adjust the height of player attacks with custom player classes and the Player.AttackZOffset property. This means that you can get the attacks and crosshairs to match, but it does mean that attacks come from higher up, which may not be desirable in all mods.
In this case, I'm probably gonna leave the crosshairs as is. This way the scaling option, though broken in johnnydoom, will function as an easy way to line up the crosshairs vertically exactly where they need to be. Luckily they're a good size when they're scaled to where the attacks truly come out of.
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

johnny wrote:Intredasting. Well whatevs. The same link is supposed to lead to the newest revision of whatever file you put there but maybe it doesn't do that on mega. I know it does on dropbox.
Ye. Figured it was something like that.
Spoiler: You knew I'd look this up, didn't you?
Cool bananas beans, mang. No more monkey business from me.
Whoah

Post by Whoah »

B-b-b-bug report: I can farm health by slicin up gibs and corpses with the chainsaw. That could possibly be a balance issue
johnny

Post by johnny »

Sounds to me like you discovered a secret feature. I added that to a “Did you know?” quit message for the next update. Use it when you can because you don’t get much!

And rofl slax I don’t know where you find all of these gorirras but they are gold

Unrelated note and question for anyone: so there’s a guy at my work who knows about brutal doom and I reluctantly talk to him about video games from time to time even though I’m not trying to be known as the vidya guy in a corporate environment. Do I tell him about JD? If he ever brought it up around others I would die but I have a feeling he’s gonna figure it out sooner or later given the fact that I’ve plastered my name everywhere. What do?
thedeathrunner123
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Pro
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by thedeathrunner123 »

johnny wrote:Sounds to me like you discovered a secret feature. I added that to a “Did you know?” quit message for the next update. Use it when you can because you don’t get much!

And rofl slax I don’t know where you find all of these gorirras but they are gold

Unrelated note and question for anyone: so there’s a guy at my work who knows about brutal doom and I reluctantly talk to him about video games from time to time even though I’m not trying to be known as the vidya guy in a corporate environment. Do I tell him about JD? If he ever brought it up around others I would die but I have a feeling he’s gonna figure it out sooner or later given the fact that I’ve plastered my name everywhere. What do?
tell 'em, he might think of you as an AWESOME person for this, you'll be a mini celeb in his eyes.
thedeathrunner123

I so badly want to play this, but my pc is a jerk and it wont let me. I find it weird that I can play older versions (mainly the unofficial saw "patch") but not this one...
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

johnny wrote:Unrelated note and question for anyone: so there’s a guy at my work who knows about brutal doom and I reluctantly talk to him about video games from time to time even though I’m not trying to be known as the vidya guy in a corporate environment. Do I tell him about JD? If he ever brought it up around others I would die but I have a feeling he’s gonna figure it out sooner or later given the fact that I’ve plastered my name everywhere. What do?
Change your name to not-johnny. :ninja:
Or just say HEY THERE'S THIS BRUTAL DOOM MOD WITH MY NAME ON IT HAHA WEIRD RIGHT? I dunno, man. Show him how you do what you do and he might start modding too.
Clifford21

Post by Clifford21 »

johnny wrote: Unrelated note and question for anyone: so there’s a guy at my work who knows about brutal doom and I reluctantly talk to him about video games from time to time even though I’m not trying to be known as the vidya guy in a corporate environment. Do I tell him about JD? If he ever brought it up around others I would die but I have a feeling he’s gonna figure it out sooner or later given the fact that I’ve plastered my name everywhere. What do?
I largely doubt if you are just trolling us or it's a post April-fool joke.

A person called Johnny, who knows about Brutal Doom, doesn't essentially mean that he is the author of JohnnyDoom, a mod derived from Brutal Doom.

But if your colleague does take a look on zdoom forum and finds his way to this thread and sees your post, and based on the circumstances described in that post, it is really easy for him to conclude that you are the author of this mod.

Okay, now I wonder if I have already fallen into a "trap", because I expect the mastermind behind the "legendary" JohnnyDoom should be able to foresee such simple logic.... :shock:
johnny

Post by johnny »

Looool I mean yeah true. I don’t know if he looks on these forums but he plays brutal doom regularly and asks me about doom specifically at work pretty much every time I see him. I wanna tell him cause ya know I wanna share my creation and all that but I don’t want to risk him strolling up to my desk being all “HEY THERE JOHNNY HOW GOES THE DOOM MODDING BUSINESS” because he will for sure do that. I’ll probs edit these posts away. I’m supposed to email him some megawads to play this weekend so I guess fuck it I’ll send this along too. Never mixed real life with internet life before hopefully it goes well
Whoah

Post by Whoah »

johnny wrote:Looool I mean yeah true. I don’t know if he looks on these forums but he plays brutal doom regularly and asks me about doom specifically at work pretty much every time I see him. I wanna tell him cause ya know I wanna share my creation and all that but I don’t want to risk him strolling up to my desk being all “HEY THERE JOHNNY HOW GOES THE DOOM MODDING BUSINESS” because he will for sure do that. I’ll probs edit these posts away. I’m supposed to email him some megawads to play this weekend so I guess fuck it I’ll send this along too. Never mixed real life with internet life before hopefully it goes well
I'm sure it will go over ok. Your mod is badass, and totally worth sharing around. If he likes Brutal Doom, then he'll dig the shit outta this!
thedeathrunner123

ok now the saw edition is doing the same thing, it never did before, why now? might as well just play the final version if its gonna do that :\
EDIT: THE FINAL VERSION NOW WORKS PROPERLY! all though it does get a massive slow down at the beginning of the level, or after a little play or just idle loading, it runs smooth. (3.7.2 btw)

Return to “Gameplay Mods”