[Beta][Cool] \m/ ~={ DEMONSTEELE }=~ \m/ - 0.9 desu~

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [Beta][Cool] \m/ ~={ DEMONSTEELE }=~ \m/ - 0.8 OSHITOSHI

Postby Silentdarkness12 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:44 am

Sgt. Shivers wrote:OKAY GUYS SO THIS POST MIGHT NOT BE UP FOR VERY LONG! I HACKED TREMONUS EST 13'S GUIT HUB TO GET THIS SUPER SECRET DEMONSTEELE ADDON!
IT SEEMS HE'S FINALLY CAVED IN AND MADE A CALEB CLASS FOR ONE OF HIS MODS!

GET IT WHILE YOU CAN!!!1!!!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/141866421/DSteele/Demonsteele%20CALEB%20v1.6.pk3

Oh, cool, h-......hah!

Nope, not even gonna fall for this one. Nice try. I already got my April Fools reminder for the day.
Silentdarkness12
Level 7: ZScript Victim

Postby HexaDoken » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:38 pm

It's actually pretty damn cool.
HexaDoken

Postby leileilol » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:01 pm

i hope tarnestt13 didnt forget.......

Spoiler:
leileilol
ダークエルフ!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Captain J » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:59 am

ooooh now i cannot unsee it now...again, thanks for that.
Captain J
'OH YE'

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby Alteisen » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:49 pm

I really really love the Hammer of Cocytus. It's been a life-saver for me ever since the update. (That or I just got the hang of using it. :P) So in honor, I made a thingy on the thing.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i217/Braigus09/HammerOfCocytusRedux_zpsqcmncbeq.jpg~original

made from the severed hand of a certain Lin Kuei Grandmaster ninja
Last edited by wildweasel on Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Sorry, your image in the spoiler is way too large, so I've converted it to a clickable URL instead.
Alteisen

Re: [Beta][Cool] \m/ ~={ DEMONSTEELE }=~ \m/ - 0.8 O SHIT O

Postby TerminusEst13 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:35 pm

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:didn't Metroid: Dreadnought have some manner of air-control when jumping? i certainly remember having an easy time steering my jumps around when playing it, and that was on GZDoom. though that might have more to do with the increased average jumping height than it being about air-control.

Ah! I'd forgotten entirely about that, thank you. I'll need to look into that and see if I can break it down.
By itself, Dreadnought's air control won't work, since it was slower on the momentum and wasn't as conducive to leaping and flying around--Samus was actually slower than Doomguy, while Hae-Lin is blindingly fast. Still, at the very least it'll be a wonderful reference, and I may still be able to nick it for purposes and things.

Alteisen wrote:I really really love the Hammer of Cocytus. It's been a life-saver for me ever since the update. (That or I just got the hang of using it. :P) So in honor, I made a thingy on the thing.
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i217/Braigus09/HammerOfCocytusRedux_zpsqcmncbeq.jpg~original

Oh man, that looks rad as hell! I love it! I actually think it looks better than the existing Frosthammer design. It looks so nasty and gothic, perfect for a Hellish weapon, compared to the existing Frosthammer's clear tech origins.
Since it's Shivers' weapon, it's entirely up to him if he wants to keep the existing design or if I can tweak it, but if he says it's all right then I'll probably be prodding at the Gauntlets of the Necromancer to try and match it. :D
TerminusEst13
I'm just a guy.

Twitch ID: TerminusEst13

Postby Captain J » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:24 am

And if that happens, hope you can rename it as well, into a gauntlet or glove of the cocytus. Because the first name; hammer is bit ineffective. And i've always recognized that the hammer and a gauntlet is...different.

Regardless, great design.
Captain J
'OH YE'

Postby DoomKrakken » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:21 am

It could be a gauntlet and also be called a hammer simply because it hits hard, can't it?
DoomKrakken
All but inactive here on the forums. Contact me on Discord for quicker replies.

Discord: DoomKrakken#2719

Postby Captain J » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:21 am

Sounds reasonable, but then it might be the pummeler. Or maybe i can't follow the recent naming style. I just don't know...
Captain J
'OH YE'

Postby DoomKrakken » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:11 am

Hammer sounds better, when it comes to a smashing weapon.
DoomKrakken

Postby Untitled » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:24 pm

Sgt. Shivers wrote:OKAY GUYS SO THIS POST MIGHT NOT BE UP FOR VERY LONG! I HACKED TREMONUS EST 13'S GUIT HUB TO GET THIS SUPER SECRET DEMONSTEELE ADDON!
IT SEEMS HE'S FINALLY CAVED IN AND MADE A CALEB CLASS FOR ONE OF HIS MODS!

GET IT WHILE YOU CAN!!!1!!!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/141866421/DSteele/Demonsteele%20CALEB%20v1.6.pk3

Now with 100% more WHOOPS
Untitled

Postby Carbine Dioxide » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:34 pm

Alteisen wrote:I really really love the Hammer of Cocytus. It's been a life-saver for me ever since the update. (That or I just got the hang of using it. :P) So in honor, I made a thingy on the thing.

Looks like Ifrit from Devil May Cry. Great work! :)
Carbine Dioxide
True force, all the king's men could not put it back together again.

Postby mumblemumble » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:49 pm

I won't lie, the gauntlet sprite is neat but having such a tiny thing do an omen nuke?... Idk. It worked for the noisy cricket in mib but it seems odd here, since its a rare usage, high impact tactical melee weapon. My vote (implying this is a democracy) is to keep the hammer sprite, but maybe keep the glove handy for future weapons possibly for other charecters. Sorry i just can't see an electronic nuke come from a gloved bitch slap.

Edit: turns out im retarded =(
Last edited by mumblemumble on Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mumblemumble
King of typos

Postby Princess Viscra Maelstrom » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:01 pm

mumblemumble wrote:I won't lie, the gauntlet sprite is neat but having such a tiny thing do an omen nuke?... Idk. It worked for the noisy cricket in mib but it seems odd here, since its a rare usage, high impact tactical melee weapon. My vote (implying this is a democracy) is to keep the hammer sprite, but maybe keep the glove handy for future weapons possibly for other charecters. Sorry i just can't see an electronic nuke come from a gloved bitch slap.

the Frosthammer of Cocytus is not the Omen Warhammer.
Princess Viscra Maelstrom
Lives To Serve

Postby DoomKrakken » Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:19 am

That is correct. The Frosthammer of Cocytus is a freeze gun, which does resemble a hammer, somewhat.
DoomKrakken

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods