[Beta][Cool] \m/ ~={ DEMONSTEELE }=~ \m/ - 0.9 desu~

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [Beta][Cool] \m/ ~={ DEMONSTEELE }=~ \m/ - 0.74 NEAT STU

Postby Kaeoschassis » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:54 pm

HexaDoken wrote:-snip-

Well, didn't you just make that look easy ;p

Yeah, there's no way I can skip it now after you went and did that. Clearly I am not half the doomer I thought I was, but rest assured, I will let you know when I beat it!
The main thing I actually took away from that was how effectively you used the central area as cover - something I always instinctively tried to do, but I kept getting swarmed. Taking out that group of revvies right near the start probably helped...
ANYWAY, this is not a Going Down thread so I'll leave it at that. Good show, scary average russian kid, good show.
Kaeoschassis

Postby Alteisen » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:01 am

While we're at Iron Maiden form, Would it be possible for Hae-Lin to have like a Super-Punch? Or a Super-Kick in Iron Maiden form? Same Soul Meter cost and charge-up as the Not-Kamehameha and same damage. An explosive melee strike that can take out a Cyberdemon in one stroke.
Alteisen

Postby HexaDoken » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:27 pm

Spoiler: AND NOW FOR A SLIGHTLY BETTER SHOW

Kaeoschassis wrote:ANYWAY, this is not a Going Down thread so I'll leave it at that.

WELL THIS IS ABOUT GOING DOWN + DEMONSTEELE
IT'S VAGUELY RELATED
NOT OFF-TOP
Kaeoschassis wrote:The main thing I actually took away from that was how effectively you used the central area as cover - something I always instinctively tried to do, but I kept getting swarmed. Taking out that group of revvies right near the start probably helped...

What I absolutely love about video games is how complex they can actually be while seeming to be simple "shoot everything to death". What I also love is that when I post a video of me doing something difficult, people watching it suddenly show a much better understanding of what I'm doing than I myself understand it. For example: using central area as cover? Yes, after watching my own vid, I definitely see that it is an integral part of my survival, but when I was playing what I thought I was doing was just running around in circles haphazardly. "Taking out the group of revvies that are most dangerous to the cover position?" At that moment I was simply firing at what annoyed me most. Heh.

EDIT: already got a few challenge requests, so expect more videos of this from me. Not anytime soon most likely due to me being busy and sort of waiting for official 0.75 release, but someday, definitely.
HexaDoken

Postby Wivicer » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:28 pm

After further experimentation, (and I don't know if this is just happening to me) the testament doesn't spawn on the first level I play in a wad. For instance, I'm at the menu screen, go to the console, and type "map e1m2". I go to the shotgun spawn in the center of the room, and the shotgun doesn't spawn. If from there I type "changemap e1m2" and then go to the shotgun spawn, the testament appears. Any idea why this might be happening?
Wivicer

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby twinkieman93 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:08 pm

That's by design. Since the Testament is more equivalent to the SSG than the regular shotty, giving it out on the first map would be overkill, so it can only appear on the second map onwards.
twinkieman93
The Bullfighter

Postby Wivicer » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:10 pm

twinkieman93 wrote:That's by design. Since the Testament is more equivalent to the SSG than the regular shotty, giving it out on the first map would be overkill, so it can only appear on the second map onwards.

Alright, that makes sense. Just wanted to make sure.
Wivicer

Postby TheLightBad96 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:33 pm

Will the Classic health system be like a addon for the mod or will it be part of the mod, and if it is part of the mod will you be able to toggle between health systems?
TheLightBad96

Location: Jonathan Crimson pleased to make your acquaintance.
Discord: Light/Crimson#4097

Postby HexaDoken » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:41 am

If you watch the video with running speed demonstration closely, you can see that classic health system is an option in demonsteele options.

So yes, part of mod, toggleable.
HexaDoken

Postby Wivicer » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:56 pm

I just had a really stupid idea.

Add another player class: the sentinel. Yes, the little flying turret.
Wivicer

Postby Captain J » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:30 am

i bet that would be hilarious if it's on the multiplayer mod.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby Slax » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:44 am

Small hitbox, flying entity, rapid fire, fast.
NO. This thing must never be seen in multiplayer.
Slax
Saucy.

Postby Wivicer » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:18 am

Slax wrote:Small hitbox, flying entity, rapid fire, fast.
NO. This thing must never be seen in multiplayer.

Although I don't play multiplayer, I have to agree. That would just be too impossible. Although the player sentinel could be larger than the sidekick.
Wivicer

Postby TerminusEst13 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:40 pm

Slax wrote:
TerminusEst13 wrote:Bloody hell this topic exploded.

Confirmed line for the dating sim.

WOW
LEWD

Wivicer wrote:Hey term quick question: On any map in the first map slot of a wad or episode where there is a shotgun spawn (like E1M1 or MAP01, the tempest doesn't spawn. Is that intentional?

Wivicer wrote:After further experimentation, (and I don't know if this is just happening to me) the testament doesn't spawn on the first level I play in a wad. For instance, I'm at the menu screen, go to the console, and type "map e1m2". I go to the shotgun spawn in the center of the room, and the shotgun doesn't spawn. If from there I type "changemap e1m2" and then go to the shotgun spawn, the testament appears. Any idea why this might be happening?

twinkieman93 wrote:That's by design. Since the Testament is more equivalent to the SSG than the regular shotty, giving it out on the first map would be overkill, so it can only appear on the second map onwards.

This is mostly correct--the Testament is unbelievably powerful, so having it right away is pretty much a "hell no" proposition. However, being that this is a melee-focused mod, I also wanted people to be deprived of new weapons for the first map to ensure that they can get used to the way the Kharon handles.
So both of those reasons combined meant intentionally stuttering out the shotgun spawn.

Alteisen wrote:While we're at Iron Maiden form, Would it be possible for Hae-Lin to have like a Super-Punch? Or a Super-Kick in Iron Maiden form? Same Soul Meter cost and charge-up as the Not-Kamehameha and same damage. An explosive melee strike that can take out a Cyberdemon in one stroke.

Sometime down the line, sure, that might be good. At the moment, though, the not-kamehameha is purely a desperation move--insane damage, can clear out an entire room, but an unbelievably prohibitive and inefficient cost. To justify having that cost for a punch, it would need to be the mother of all punches. Like, clears-out-the-entire-room punch.

The Thing Thing wrote:Will the Classic health system be like a addon for the mod or will it be part of the mod, and if it is part of the mod will you be able to toggle between health systems?

HexaDoken wrote:If you watch the video with running speed demonstration closely, you can see that classic health system is an option in demonsteele options.
So yes, part of mod, toggleable.

Yes, it is part of the mod, and yes, it is toggleable. You'll need to restart the game after toggling it, though, toggling it mid-game is a recipe for disaster.

Wivicer wrote:I just had a really stupid idea.
Add another player class: the sentinel. Yes, the little flying turret.

SENPAI NOTICED ME
TerminusEst13
I'm just a guy.

Twitch ID: TerminusEst13

Postby TerminusEst13 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:43 pm

Oh, yeah, also. The github has reached 666 commits!

OMG SATAN JOKE

Image Image Image
TerminusEst13
I'm just a guy.

Twitch ID: TerminusEst13

Postby Ethril » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:00 pm

idk why people are saying guns are useless just because you dont get souls from them and/or they dont power up from combo meter
even if they're not helped by it, some of them (the shotgun in particular) are fantastic for building your combo meter from a safe distance, and then once you hit C rank or so you're basically a walking blender and you can move in.
also they're good for stunlocking enemies and taking out blackened souls
this is just the bullet guns btw (pistol, shotgun, smg); the grenade launcher is more useful as a utility (reclaiming your personal space, grenade-jumping, juggling enemies, etc.) than an actual artillery piece (although it's good for that too), and the "arrogant" weapons are also special cases.

Alteisen wrote:While we're at Iron Maiden form, Would it be possible for Hae-Lin to have like a Super-Punch? Or a Super-Kick in Iron Maiden form? Same Soul Meter cost and charge-up as the Not-Kamehameha and same damage. An explosive melee strike that can take out a Cyberdemon in one stroke.

im pretty sure that you can just punch a lone cyberdemon to death with less meter than that anyway
(in the meantime, there's always the MAXIMUM OVERCHARGE Omen electric face-nuke, although you can't use that with the suit on...)
Ethril
F1

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods