[Beta][Cool] \m/ ~={ DEMONSTEELE }=~ \m/ - 0.9 desu~

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
mumblemumble

Re: [Beta][Cool] \m/ ~={ DEMONSTEELE }=~ \m/ - 0.74 NEAT STU

Post by mumblemumble »

Krakken I Myself didn't get it so ill explain. Essentially its a melee / defensefocused weapon. Using it gives you a slightly higher dps (sword swings faster) and while the sheath does low damage, it has several neat effects. One, its reach is much more (assisting in blocking as well as battling pesky enemies) it can block multiple shots compared to the swords single shot block, and its melee against enemies, while doing pitiful damage stuns almost always, and stuns for longer time. This is great for barons / priests since you can stun then dig in with 5 blows then back off before avoiding a counter attack. also, next version blocking with sheath generates souls.

So overall its melee focused and very handy. I rebound it to r just so i can quickly block a stray shot, or stun a guy long enough to flea. Besides that the dps boost is huge, especially at high rank when you 1 shot small things anyway, you cut through a crowd that much quicker. Oh also its the only silent weapon in the game iirc(sword is silent on hit, alerts on kill. So if you play doom 2 reloaded, remember this for stealth level)

Btw term, may want to consider making the f1 help page have a page 2 for just this reason, to explain more nuanced mechanics.
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

I agree, I had to ask some friends on what exactly the difference was.
HexaDoken

Post by HexaDoken »

Laggy wrote:I see a "killing machine" difficulty that gives you 2 tokens
That's what I'm playing AV with.
Patriot1776 wrote:I like to go slow and methodical with my playing
Also something sprung up to my mind: have you ever tried hideous destructor? It MIGHT be taking the idea of "slow and thoughtful gameplay" a little bit too far, but it's seriously awesome once you get used to it.
Kaeoschassis

Post by Kaeoschassis »

I take it back. Never, ever, EVER play Going Down with Demonsteele.

If there is a person alive who can get through the map "Buried Alive" then I am afraid to meet them. Even when I manage to line up and kill three Cybies with a single not-kamehameha I still get flattened.

Great fun though.
mumblemumble

Post by mumblemumble »

Kaeoschassis wrote:I take it back. Never, ever, EVER play Going Down with Demonsteele.

If there is a person alive who can get through the map "Buried Alive" then I am afraid to meet them. Even when I manage to line up and kill three Cybies with a single not-kamehameha I still get flattened.

Great fun though.
This update should give you more ways to fight, particularly the powered up gun shots....The shotgun one in particular does pretty huge damage at much less cost than spamming special attacks, and I find it great for taking out the demon lords and their green spam.
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

Bloody hell this topic exploded.
Patriot1776 wrote:I noticed in previous videos that you did put in an option in development for souls from gun kills and DooM-style health. I and maybe a few others, may really appreciate it if you made those options available NOW, if as a standalone pack if needed
If you want access to the new build, go to the github and follow the install/download directions. Keep in mind that these features are still unfinished and may receive modification before release (even as close as release this is), but for someone who wants the options available NOW, have fun.
I don't plan on releasing early based solely upon wanting it NOW.
mumblemumble wrote:Though if the double tap itself could cancel too that would be nicer, since holding fire and mashing a / d lets you special far more rapidly than hitting primary fire again, and hitting a / d as well every time. Just refer to your vid which you 2 shot a mastermind, that extra .4 seconds it takes per special (when done in succession) could add up. Then again maybe im a whiney bitch lol.
Ahh, I see where you're getting at now. I'll see if I can fiddle with that.
mumblemumble wrote: Btw term, may want to consider making the f1 help page have a page 2 for just this reason, to explain more nuanced mechanics.
Lava Grunt wrote:I agree, I had to ask some friends on what exactly the difference was.
I'll see if I can cover these in the manual, thank you.

In the meantime, I sure hope you guys weren't fond of the recolored crappy Doom leather gloves.
Carbine Dioxide

Post by Carbine Dioxide »

It was buffering the whole time, but from what I saw, it looked bad ass! nice improvements to the Iron Maiden!

Slax, why? :shock:
Last edited by Carbine Dioxide on Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

TerminusEst13 wrote:Bloody hell this topic exploded.
Confirmed line for the dating sim.
HexaDoken

Post by HexaDoken »

Kaeoschassis wrote:If there is a person alive who can get through the map "Buried Alive" then I am afraid to meet them. Even when I manage to line up and kill three Cybies with a single not-kamehameha I still get flattened.
IS THIS A CHALLENGE I SEE BEFORE ME
Kaeoschassis

Post by Kaeoschassis »

HexaDoken wrote:IS THIS A CHALLENGE I SEE BEFORE ME
Remember, pics or it didn't happen. ;p

I'm honestly just going to grab the key and run for the exit. I dunno why I didn't think of that last night. A little bit of crowdsurfing is good for the soul~
Jack Mackerel

Post by Jack Mackerel »

Oh, yeah, whoever told me earlier that the Omen doesn't have a charged attack, I meant a "hold-down-the-attack-button-to-actively-charge-it" attack. (I still think having one would make it a bit more viable, though maybe with a caveat of using it temporarily stops the passive charge and doesn't deal as much damage as the passive charge.)
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

HexaDoken wrote:
Kaeoschassis wrote:If there is a person alive who can get through the map "Buried Alive" then I am afraid to meet them. Even when I manage to line up and kill three Cybies with a single not-kamehameha I still get flattened.
IS THIS A CHALLENGE I SEE BEFORE ME
That map wasn't that hard, I beat that on Brutal Doom on the Black Metal settings a while back...

If I could do it on Brutal Doom, it can be done on this since Brutal Doom is much harder.
Wivicer
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Wivicer »

Hey term quick question: On any map in the first map slot of a wad or episode where there is a shotgun spawn (like E1M1 or MAP01, the tempest doesn't spawn. Is that intentional?
Big C

Post by Big C »

HexaDoken wrote: Also something sprung up to my mind: have you ever tried hideous destructor? It MIGHT be taking the idea of "slow and thoughtful gameplay" a little bit too far, but it's seriously awesome once you get used to it.
LIES. LIES AND SLANDER.

HIDEOUS DESTRUCTOR CAN NEVER BE BRUTALLY SLUGGISH ENOUGH.
Well that was metal as fuck. :trippy:
HexaDoken

Post by HexaDoken »

Kaeoschassis wrote:Remember, pics or it didn't happen. ;p
Got pics.
Thousands of them!
Around 30,000
Spoiler: it's called a video

Return to “Gameplay Mods”