[Beta][Cool] \m/ ~={ DEMONSTEELE }=~ \m/ - 0.9 desu~

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [Beta][Cool] \m/ ~={ DEMONSTEELE }=~ \m/ - 0.74 NEAT STU

Postby mumblemumble » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:28 pm

Krakken I Myself didn't get it so ill explain. Essentially its a melee / defensefocused weapon. Using it gives you a slightly higher dps (sword swings faster) and while the sheath does low damage, it has several neat effects. One, its reach is much more (assisting in blocking as well as battling pesky enemies) it can block multiple shots compared to the swords single shot block, and its melee against enemies, while doing pitiful damage stuns almost always, and stuns for longer time. This is great for barons / priests since you can stun then dig in with 5 blows then back off before avoiding a counter attack. also, next version blocking with sheath generates souls.

So overall its melee focused and very handy. I rebound it to r just so i can quickly block a stray shot, or stun a guy long enough to flea. Besides that the dps boost is huge, especially at high rank when you 1 shot small things anyway, you cut through a crowd that much quicker. Oh also its the only silent weapon in the game iirc(sword is silent on hit, alerts on kill. So if you play doom 2 reloaded, remember this for stealth level)

Btw term, may want to consider making the f1 help page have a page 2 for just this reason, to explain more nuanced mechanics.
mumblemumble
King of typos

Postby Abba Zabba » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:58 pm

I agree, I had to ask some friends on what exactly the difference was.
Abba Zabba

Postby HexaDoken » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:59 am

Laggy wrote:I see a "killing machine" difficulty that gives you 2 tokens

That's what I'm playing AV with.
Patriot1776 wrote:I like to go slow and methodical with my playing

Also something sprung up to my mind: have you ever tried hideous destructor? It MIGHT be taking the idea of "slow and thoughtful gameplay" a little bit too far, but it's seriously awesome once you get used to it.
HexaDoken

Postby Kaeoschassis » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:57 pm

I take it back. Never, ever, EVER play Going Down with Demonsteele.

If there is a person alive who can get through the map "Buried Alive" then I am afraid to meet them. Even when I manage to line up and kill three Cybies with a single not-kamehameha I still get flattened.

Great fun though.
Kaeoschassis

Postby mumblemumble » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:43 pm

Kaeoschassis wrote:I take it back. Never, ever, EVER play Going Down with Demonsteele.

If there is a person alive who can get through the map "Buried Alive" then I am afraid to meet them. Even when I manage to line up and kill three Cybies with a single not-kamehameha I still get flattened.

Great fun though.

This update should give you more ways to fight, particularly the powered up gun shots....The shotgun one in particular does pretty huge damage at much less cost than spamming special attacks, and I find it great for taking out the demon lords and their green spam.
mumblemumble
King of typos

Postby TerminusEst13 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:01 pm

Bloody hell this topic exploded.

Patriot1776 wrote:I noticed in previous videos that you did put in an option in development for souls from gun kills and DooM-style health. I and maybe a few others, may really appreciate it if you made those options available NOW, if as a standalone pack if needed

If you want access to the new build, go to the github and follow the install/download directions. Keep in mind that these features are still unfinished and may receive modification before release (even as close as release this is), but for someone who wants the options available NOW, have fun.
I don't plan on releasing early based solely upon wanting it NOW.

mumblemumble wrote:Though if the double tap itself could cancel too that would be nicer, since holding fire and mashing a / d lets you special far more rapidly than hitting primary fire again, and hitting a / d as well every time. Just refer to your vid which you 2 shot a mastermind, that extra .4 seconds it takes per special (when done in succession) could add up. Then again maybe im a whiney bitch lol.

Ahh, I see where you're getting at now. I'll see if I can fiddle with that.

mumblemumble wrote: Btw term, may want to consider making the f1 help page have a page 2 for just this reason, to explain more nuanced mechanics.

Lava Grunt wrote:I agree, I had to ask some friends on what exactly the difference was.

I'll see if I can cover these in the manual, thank you.

In the meantime, I sure hope you guys weren't fond of the recolored crappy Doom leather gloves.
TerminusEst13
I'm just a guy.

Twitch ID: TerminusEst13

Postby Carbine Dioxide » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:09 pm

It was buffering the whole time, but from what I saw, it looked bad ass! nice improvements to the Iron Maiden!

Slax, why? :shock:
Last edited by Carbine Dioxide on Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carbine Dioxide
Me and Pain go way back.

Postby Slax » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:59 pm

TerminusEst13 wrote:Bloody hell this topic exploded.

Confirmed line for the dating sim.
Slax
Saucy.
... in loving memory ...

Postby HexaDoken » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:22 am

Kaeoschassis wrote:If there is a person alive who can get through the map "Buried Alive" then I am afraid to meet them. Even when I manage to line up and kill three Cybies with a single not-kamehameha I still get flattened.

IS THIS A CHALLENGE I SEE BEFORE ME
HexaDoken

Postby Kaeoschassis » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:20 pm

HexaDoken wrote:IS THIS A CHALLENGE I SEE BEFORE ME

Remember, pics or it didn't happen. ;p

I'm honestly just going to grab the key and run for the exit. I dunno why I didn't think of that last night. A little bit of crowdsurfing is good for the soul~
Kaeoschassis

Postby Jack Mackerel » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:28 pm

Oh, yeah, whoever told me earlier that the Omen doesn't have a charged attack, I meant a "hold-down-the-attack-button-to-actively-charge-it" attack. (I still think having one would make it a bit more viable, though maybe with a caveat of using it temporarily stops the passive charge and doesn't deal as much damage as the passive charge.)
Jack Mackerel

Postby Valherran » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:50 pm

HexaDoken wrote:
Kaeoschassis wrote:If there is a person alive who can get through the map "Buried Alive" then I am afraid to meet them. Even when I manage to line up and kill three Cybies with a single not-kamehameha I still get flattened.

IS THIS A CHALLENGE I SEE BEFORE ME

That map wasn't that hard, I beat that on Brutal Doom on the Black Metal settings a while back...

If I could do it on Brutal Doom, it can be done on this since Brutal Doom is much harder.
Valherran

Postby Wivicer » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:04 pm

Hey term quick question: On any map in the first map slot of a wad or episode where there is a shotgun spawn (like E1M1 or MAP01, the tempest doesn't spawn. Is that intentional?
Wivicer

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Big C » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:33 pm

HexaDoken wrote:Also something sprung up to my mind: have you ever tried hideous destructor? It MIGHT be taking the idea of "slow and thoughtful gameplay" a little bit too far, but it's seriously awesome once you get used to it.

LIES. LIES AND SLANDER.

HIDEOUS DESTRUCTOR CAN NEVER BE BRUTALLY SLUGGISH ENOUGH.

Well that was metal as fuck. :trippy:
Big C

Postby HexaDoken » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:11 pm

Kaeoschassis wrote:Remember, pics or it didn't happen. ;p

Got pics.
Thousands of them!
Around 30,000
Spoiler: it's called a video
HexaDoken

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods