[Beta][Cool] \m/ ~={ DEMONSTEELE }=~ \m/ - 0.9 desu~

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
biscotti

Re: [Beta][Cool] \m/ ~={ DEMONSTEELE }=~ \m/ - 0.9 desu~

Post by biscotti »

Ah, that explains it. I assume there is no way to turn these error messages off without disabling the message log in general? It's not the end of the world, but it would be nice to have it not spam the crap out of my console.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Yes, it'd be better if it didn't repeat the same error message again and again, but then that requires keeping track of every non-existing/non-inventory items that have failed to be given or taken.
ijon

Post by ijon »

I'm nearly 100% sure it's doing this on CheckInventory, because if it was a GiveInventory or TakeInventory the error messages would've been noticed before the > 2.8.1 dev builds.

that is still the dumbest thing ever. the entire point of CheckInventory is to check if you have something, and if that something doesn't exist then obviously you don't have it. so why are error messages getting thrown out? nothing went wrong.

what if I wanted to check for a certain item in another mod for compatibility reasons? am I supposed to do SpawnForced before every CheckInventory, since that doesn't produce an error message on nonexistent actors (yet)?

it'd be nice if there was an CheckActorExists function, so I wouldn't have to rely on hacks for something as simple as "does this exist"... which I suggested three years ago, and nothing ever came of it
souio

Post by souio »

Man, as a fan of old school beat 'em ups and hack and slashes, this mod is heaven for me! Playing through Eternal Doom with it and it turns it into an arcade game!

I love the scoring aspect of it and it gave me an idea for something that hopefully could be done in a future update: In classic Arcade games, when you continued, your score resets to 0, so I'm wondering if there'd be a way to give an option reset it to 0 whenever you died/or even wipe it when loading a game? That would give players incentive to get the highest score and would be great for megawads as people can compare high scores to see how far they could get through them without dying.

Keep up the good work!
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Music pack download link is borked.

Also, has anyone found a way to stop that ACS error from showing up on screen when using the robot girl?
HexaDoken

Post by HexaDoken »

http://static.allfearthesentinel.net/wa ... i-v3.5.pk3

Play with an older version of zdoom/gzdoom.
Kennethern

Post by Kennethern »

What the hell is up with the swarm little yellow skeletons popping up out of nowhere 5 seconds into each game? I've screwed around in the Demonsteele settings, and nothing removes them. ICARUSLIV3S did a video on this mod and I thought it looked amazing, but why the piss am I getting this crap while he didn't?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Kennethern wrote:What the hell is up with the swarm little yellow skeletons popping up out of nowhere 5 seconds into each game? I've screwed around in the Demonsteele settings, and nothing removes them. ICARUSLIV3S did a video on this mod and I thought it looked amazing, but why the piss am I getting this crap while he didn't?
Did you mess with the mod options? Do you have any other mods autoloaded?
Gez

Post by Gez »

The skeletons are there to warn you that you are loading an incompatible mod alongside Demonsteele (typically some variant of Brutal Doom). Remove Brutal Doom from your autoload and try Demonsteele again.
Kennethern

Post by Kennethern »

No, I don't have any other mods installed other than maps generated in Oblige.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Kennethern wrote:No, I don't have any other mods installed other than maps generated in Oblige.
Well, nothing seems to be happening on my end unless I go into the DemonSteele options and specifically enable the "OH FUCK, SKELETONS!" option at the bottom of the menu.
Truvix

Post by Truvix »

I hate to bump this thread over something kind of minor, but does anyone know if a mirror download exist for the midi pack linked with this mod? There are some solid tracks in the pack from what I've heard in its appearance in some YouTube videos, but it seems like the link has been dead for quite some time and I didn't have any luck finding it after doing some light digging of my own, so I would appreciate it if someone could who knows of a mirror link or has a copy of the pack could provide it for me.
Gamzam

Post by Gamzam »

Truvix wrote:I hate to bump this thread over something kind of minor, but does anyone know if a mirror download exist for the midi pack linked with this mod? There are some solid tracks in the pack from what I've heard in its appearance in some YouTube videos, but it seems like the link has been dead for quite some time and I didn't have any luck finding it after doing some light digging of my own, so I would appreciate it if someone could who knows of a mirror link or has a copy of the pack could provide it for me.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/jdqsh ... i-v3.5.pk3

I happened to have it lying around so I reuploaded it for you. I hope it's what you were looking for.
HexaDoken

Post by HexaDoken »

Truvix wrote:but it seems like the link has been dead for quite some time and I didn't have any luck finding it after doing some light digging of my own
I literally mirrored it six posts above you. What the hell.
Truvix

Post by Truvix »

HexaDoken wrote: I literally mirrored it six posts above you. What the hell.
My bad, just kind of assumed there weren't any mirrors already floating around on the thread itself for some reason. That being said, it can't really hurt having extra mirrors laying around for anyone else looking to get a hold of it. Also, it would probably be a good idea to add the new mirrors to the OP so that this doesn't happen again.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”