[Beta][Cool] \m/ ~={ DEMONSTEELE }=~ \m/ - 0.9 desu~

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Valherran

Re: [WIP][Beta][Cool] \m/ -~={ DEMONSTEELE }=~- \m/

Post by Valherran »

Ethril wrote:Having played the survival server for this for like IDK how many hours straight, I've found that Archviles are not really that big a deal (unless you have like 10 of them on you at once). They make an impressive display, but it's all for show (as long as you're not dangerously low on health, but at that point anything is a threat).
2 excellent methods for dealing with them:
1. Get all up in their grill; Smash them once or twice with the Omen, then dice them up with your sword. Vile Flames are simple enough to deal with just by spraying them down with the Sabbath or going wild with the Exodus (Try aiming at the ground below them). Actually, the Flames are pretty easy to kill with anything that is not a melee weapon.
2. Douse them and the surrounding area with grenades.

The Blackened (PE replacer) and its ghosts can be dealt with similarly, except you can't melee them so easily since they fly. They're slower, though, and not as tough, so it's not a big deal to gun them down. More annoying than actually threatening, although they're certainly far more of a threat than vanilla Pain Elementals.
They are both a problem when you don't get a preemptive strike. If they are somewhat alone and nearby, yeah, you will kill them no problem. But if they are far away and awake, you are going to have problems when you get to them. But they are heavily imbalanced currently for the top 3 difficulties, especially when starting fresh in random levels.
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

hitmanx wrote:This is amazing. This is like, Xaser Psychic good.
I have 2 main points though. The arch vile? I just tanked it until dead, I saw no other way as it was like bullet hell mode with him.
Could you uncap the swing rate for the sword? I seem to press too quickly making me actually swing slower, if I slow my click rate slightly I swing faster but in the heat of the moment I'm not thinking about timing my clicks
Otherwise this is so excellent, so fast paced, so well thought out! Why can't full games be this unique and cool, but no. Instead we have military shooter #28921 If this were a full game on steam I would pay you good money sir.
Ohhhhh man, thank you very much! That's really flattering to hear! And yeah, I'm not at all happy with the Archvile at the moment, I need to figure out what to do with him.
I may have mentioned this before, but I do like the idea of a support enemy that can summon flying turrets (as compared to the Pain Elemental that just summons flying blockades) and that's what the Archvile was intended to be...but as it is, the flame pillars are too random and unpredictable. It runs completely contrary to the idea of "if the player gets hit, it should be his own fault", because there's simply no way the player can keep track of how many flames are out and where fire will come from. I'll have to fiddle with them down the line to see what can be done to make them a bit less crazy, a bit more sensible, but no less dangerous.
As for uncapping the swing rate of the sword, I'm not entirely sure what you mean, sorry. Do you mean make it fire as fast as you can click? That...would result in incredibly broken DPS and animations! That being said, I can definitely make it able to fire again a few tics sooner--as soon as the animation ends, you'll be able to fire it again.
Hellstorm Archon wrote:Obviously, I didn't make them myself, and I don't think the original author will mind, since the last update was in 2009. You can give credit to the "Doomed Again project", if you wish.
Interesting. Thanks for the info. I'm gonna have a lot of fun with these.
Shadez12 wrote:tfw waiting for the next update
Here is an update!
Wait this is not an update
this is a terrible edit made by me

WHOOPS
Ethril wrote:Having played the survival server for this for like IDK how many hours straight
I checked the logs. The answer is seven.
And I was there as well most of the time playing instead of being productive.

WHOOPS
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

and you know what? i'd like to see that WHOOPSIE mace in next update, obviously.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

About that mace, any way you can give it special graphics after it reaches a certain amount of energy? That way you have a visual of which attack is going to come when you you hit the target? Just a thought.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

jesus titty fuck christ, i played this for a few levels, and i'm still surged up by adrenaline from it. i'll have to come back to this later, and possibly lower the skill-setting a bit, to give a less riled up opinion of this.
TerminusEst13

Re: [WIP][Beta][Cool] \m/ -~={ DEMONSTEELE }=~- \m/ - 0.72 N

Post by TerminusEst13 »

http://www.**LINK_DISABLED**.org/download?file= ... -v0.72.pk3 - And here we go, a new build is out. Primarily a maintenance build, fixing up most of the problems and troubles people have had, as well as reducing overall latency usage.
Spoiler: Changelog

But, y'know, I'm really glad people are enjoying this, but there's something...missing.

Something a little...tinnier.

Something a little...cheesier.

Something a little more...90s.

...Yes, I've got it.

HEY KEGAN BASICALLY I'M TAKING YOUR GMOTA MUSIC RANDOMIZER
AND MAKING IT COOLER IN EVERY POSSIBLE WAY

* 150 MIDIs hand-picked from the finest Geocities webpages
* Features the greats starring in every anime music video possible, such as Judas Priest's Painkiller, Drowning Pool's Bodies, and Disturbed's Down With the Sickness
* Compatible with just about any other wad out there, just in case you don't like DemonSteele
* GUARANTEED TO PUNCH YOUR KIDNEY FROM THE \m/ METAL \m/

http://www.**LINK_DISABLED**.org/download?file= ... di-v1c.pk3 - OH MAN AND IT'S RIGHT HERE TOO

edit: c build because i can't type a cvar name properly apparently
Last edited by TerminusEst13 on Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Awesome update. This mod is still amazing, btw.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Always great work, either her blood arts.
LuSan

Post by LuSan »

I have a boner right now
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

oh, BTW, i got some glitche and some questions;
-the first gltich i saw was dismembered head floating in the ceiling from the map02: the sewers, i just diced the shotgun guy and his head floats.
Spoiler:
-second is her sword always alerts enemies when i backsteb some monsters to death, also it leaves roundy bulletchip. unlike the mace, it's too silent than a sword, also no bulletchips. was that intentional?
-third is grenade launcher. just like the mace's lightning, both of 'em can attack any of enemies through the wall. i hope only one of those weapons has that ability to keep the balance, though.
Toberone

Post by Toberone »

SO I had a strange crash playing sunder, got to dreaming gardens and gzdoom booted me out. I don't really know the nature of the crash so I can't really comment whether it was my end or not but what might potentially be an issue was that I could not re-load the auto-save because the save was using a different set of ACS modules, I feel this may be related to the randomizer. I was using both demonsteele and the music randomizer and my gzdoom is the september 15 git build. Yea ok september 9th is the only one thats nice to me, why won't these recent git builds work for me ;-; Crash was completely unrelated, but the auto-save thing may be of import possibly.

On a completely unrelated note, HOLY SMOKES. Playing this wad on slaughtermaps is hilariously fun. I like how this mod encourages speed and recklessness because getting Slayer on the sword meter is ludicrously strong, I don't even care how many times i'm hit, I can destroy gigantic hordes of revenants in mere seconds! Great fun.
Viscra Maelstrom

for some reason, i can't play any PWADS with the new version of this if it has custom MIDI music in it. it freezes everytime i try to start a new game on Memento Mori 2, Requiem, and Icarus: Alien Vanguard. IWADS with MIDI music works just fine, it's just PWADs that freeze.
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

Viscra: That's...baffling. I just loaded up Requiem/DemonSteele 0.72 in ZDoom and it seemed to work fine, sorry. Can you describe your exact load order and files, please? Do you have anything in your skins folder?

Toberone: Loading up autosaves is definitely an issue happening to me as well, I'll see if I can wonk about with inventory settings and see what's going on. I can't guarantee anything good will come from it, but I'll try!

J: The sword alerting enemies on death is intentional, since I figure it's their dying screams and the spray of blood that alerts their comrades. I'll see if I can get a proper slashy decal and fix that floating bug, though!
Viscra Maelstrom

i think it's a problem with BassMIDI, for some reason. when i load it up using FMOD or the Microsoft Synthesizer, the game boots up fine, but switching to BassMIDI ingame freezes it. i don't know why it would, because i don't think there's any fiddling with ingame music in Demonsteele, aside from intermission and title-screen music. i've had problems with the ZDoom engine freezing when having BassMIDI play the music before, so it's not an uncommon problem for me, but it only seems to happen using this particular mod now.
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

ImageImageImage

Hello!
I was browse wolfenstein group and discover new game named "Doom" so I am decided to make wolfenstein along with top mod named "metal of the demon"
Now you can slice nazis in future worlds of doom with sword, but also stop bullets and collect souls.
You can get mod here! I am not sure if works with Zandronom but works with Zdoom! and GZDoom!
(Huge thanks to TerminusEst13 and WildWeasel for making two of my favourite mods.)
Screenshot:
Spoiler:
Download here!:
Imagehttp://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1418 ... steele.pk3

Last edited by Sgt. Shivers on Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”