[Beta][Cool] \m/ ~={ DEMONSTEELE }=~ \m/ - 0.9 desu~

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
insightguy

Re: [WIP][Beta][Cool] \m/ -~={ DEMONSTEELE }=~- \m/

Post by insightguy »

wildweasel wrote:This gets...
...something about this irks me... hold on

(*one photoshop later*)
Here it is!
Here it is!
stampofapproval.png (71.21 KiB) Viewed 3522 times
TerminusEst13 wrote:*I made a mod*
...metal anime chick slashing/slaying demons in doom...

well, we've officially started stepping into internet creativity levels now (and I emphasize on the STARTING, we have a long way to go people)

...gameplay is hell of a good time though.
Silentdarkness12

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

This is VERY nice.

Although i've noticed I often have a problem where i'm going TOO fast, and literally miss on a large portion of my swings xD

Some sort of special move that temporarily slows down time would be nice. Especially since you have the whole "destroy projectiles" thing going on.
TheBadHustlex

Post by TheBadHustlex »

Awesome. Fast, bloody, play as someone different (female player, not too common), little humorous (Apple = Heal)...
Really great mod.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

Couple more things:

Reaching max capacity health makes you auto pickup all sources of health.

That machine gun could use a slight increase in damage too.

All in all, pretty solid MOD.
Hellstorm Archon
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Hellstorm Archon »

wow

many gibs
such sword
amaze
wow

Seriously though, this mod is truly epic and worthy of a Cacoward.

By the way, since this is just a beta, here are some sounds I scraped from my HD (I think it was a really old mod for EDGE), as I suggested them for B---- D--m years ago, but were never used for anything other than the aforementioned mod.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

about those sounds, can you tell us where those sounds are came from? i see no credits in there.
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

Bloody hell, guys. You like me! You really like me!
Whew, that's been a pretty chaotic release! Now that everything's calmed down a bit, though, let's see if I can respond to some feedback:
Mav3rick wrote:Hey very solid and great mod :D
have played 6 maps so far and is very well balanced ;)
now i know is a brand new piece of breath out of the oven so here some suggestions

1. make the player grow in some way "stronger" and i mean have the soulsphere give permantelly half token and the mega one token to go beyond the 5 and make the melee more deep
2. can you make the sword do a horizontal arch damage? because for what i notice, the damage is only focus in front of the player and since is a SWORD maybe doing a long or extend range damage to right and left enemies alike will do a better way to deal with many enemies at times
3. make enemies "humans" drop diferent kind of ammo but in random way, 80% bullets, 60% shells, etc.. it will help on those map that you need to kill from distant more balance
4. give demons special drops, like regenerating health, more energy from souls, even keep the "fury" metter active for long time, of course this kind of power is limited

so far look good and refreshing :D keep up the great looking work
Thank you, I'm glad you like it!
1: I'm all in favor of making the player grow stronger in some way, but if it does happen it probably won't be for a while--and if so, it would probably be best tied to a cvar defaulting to off. It seems to be it'd just be too easy to just camp spawn spots in multiplayer and wait for things to respawn. Add on to that the system for the health is probably what's taking up the most room in the SBARINFO, and adding expanding slots to that would mean dramatically rewriting all of the health pickups to be even more complicated. I like the idea, but at the moment so early on I don't think it's so feasible.
2: I can try! Splitting the damage in three and firing them out in spread might be an interesting way of dealing damage. I'll have to give it a shot and see how it goes.
3/4: At the moment I'm not terribly fond of enemies dropping anything aside from souls, but a few extra perks here and there might be interesting--especially if you kill certain enemies in certain ways.
DoomCraft wrote:Okay, so I tried this on the hardest difficulty (obviously, I'm just a numbskull wandering around), and gameplay is just completely fun. Dat sword doh... The weapons are superb, and I didn't realize you can double-jump like having ninja tabi in Pixel Gun 3D! Dat's just awesome! I think my favorite weapon would have to be that double barreled shotgun of some sort.
Thank you, I'm glad you like it!
RockmanYoshi wrote:wil htis get a burel dum patch?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!???
If you load it up with Brutal Doom, some interesting things may happen...give it a shot, if you dare. :D
Captain J wrote:YES YES indeed, anyway good to see the first korean character is created for doom mod. and SHE'S A GIRL, TOTAL SURPRISE. anyway the guns pretty needs some shading works, such as grenade launcher and shotgun. except machine gun and pistol, though. they looks great. and i hope she can have her own doom sprite, too. with mike12's style. now that could be really smexy to see 'n play.
Thank you! And yeah, Mike's pistol/SMG have definitely blown everything else out of the water. My grenade launcher simply doesn't compare, and as awesome as the Marathon shotgun is...well, it sticks out like a sore thumb at the moment. Hopefully I can get the GL polished and the shotgun some tweaked sprites in the future!
Valherran wrote:This was really fun, I only have 2 issues with it though:
The Pain Elemental and the Arch-Vile replacements, they are WAAAY overpowered. [...] Unless someone has a strategy on how to dispatch these 2 monsters with ease (The PE and the Living Flame), I am all ears, because I have tried everything. Otherwise, I stand by my statement above saying they are OP and need to be toned down to a fair level. :-?
At the moment, the best way to deal with the Blackened is to either use a special move (close range spin attack or lunge usually kills it right away), or to spray it with the Sabbath, which locks it down in place and keeps it there ready to receive a good stabbing.
The Archvile...I'm not really happy with at all. I really like the idea of a support fire monster creating living turrets that float around and shoot at you, but I think I may have way overdone it. Especially egregious considering he doesn't have any major weaknesses like the Blackened does aside from "kill him before he can do anything". Expect some tweaks to him in the future.
TheAdmantArchvile wrote:Just beat Go 2 It on HMP with this mod. Fuck Revanants.

Silentdarkness12 wrote:This is VERY nice.
Although i've noticed I often have a problem where i'm going TOO fast, and literally miss on a large portion of my swings xD
Some sort of special move that temporarily slows down time would be nice. Especially since you have the whole "destroy projectiles" thing going on.
Thank you!
I've been thinking of fighting-game-style Super Moves for a while. I'm not entirely sure how to execute them yet, but slowing/stopping time I think would be perfect for one.
Hellstorm Archon wrote:wow
many gibs, such sword, amaze , wow
Seriously though, this mod is truly epic and worthy of a Cacoward. By the way, since this is just a beta, here are some sounds I scraped from my HD (I think it was a really old mod for EDGE),
Thank you! I'll go through these sounds and start fiddling around with them. Nothing wrong with more variations!
If possible, do you know where these sounds came from? Most of them seem like modifications, did you do them yourself or were they ripped from somewhere?
Yutrzenika

Post by Yutrzenika »

TerminusEst13 wrote: If you load it up with Brutal Doom, some interesting things may happen...give it a shot, if you dare. :D
So I just had to give this a try. Let's just say the result of combining these two mods is very... Agitating.
Spoiler:
Sweet mother of god.
hitmanx

Post by hitmanx »

This is amazing. This is like, Xaser Psychic good.

I have 2 main points though. The arch vile? I just tanked it until dead, I saw no other way as it was like bullet hell mode with him.

Could you uncap the swing rate for the sword? I seem to press too quickly making me actually swing slower, if I slow my click rate slightly I swing faster but in the heat of the moment I'm not thinking about timing my clicks

Otherwise this is so excellent, so fast paced, so well thought out!

Why can't full games be this unique and cool, but no. Instead we have military shooter #28921

If this were a full game on steam I would pay you good money sir.
Hellstorm Archon
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Hellstorm Archon »

TerminusEst13 wrote: Thank you! I'll go through these sounds and start fiddling around with them. Nothing wrong with more variations!
If possible, do you know where these sounds came from? Most of them seem like modifications, did you do them yourself or were they ripped from somewhere?
Captain J wrote:about those sounds, can you tell us where those sounds are came from? i see no credits in there.
Here's the mod in question.

Judging by the updates posted, the sounds themselves are completely original. Obviously, I didn't make them myself, and I don't think the original author will mind, since the last update was in 2009. You can give credit to the "Doomed Again project", if you wish.
TheBadHustlex

Post by TheBadHustlex »

I found out that this fits EXTREMELY well with ShadowWarrior music. I wonder why...?
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

because she's an asian also she cuts thru the horde of evil with shadow warrior sprite based oriental sword? guess so.
Shadez12

Post by Shadez12 »

tfw waiting for the next update
NachtIntellect

Post by NachtIntellect »

I really loved this mod, I can't wait to see what you bring into the future updates.

Oh god the anime in me is taking over Aishiteru yo Terminus
Ethril

Post by Ethril »

Having played the survival server for this for like IDK how many hours straight, I've found that Archviles are not really that big a deal (unless you have like 10 of them on you at once). They make an impressive display, but it's all for show (as long as you're not dangerously low on health, but at that point anything is a threat).
2 excellent methods for dealing with them:
1. Get all up in their grill; Smash them once or twice with the Omen, then dice them up with your sword. Vile Flames are simple enough to deal with just by spraying them down with the Sabbath or going wild with the Exodus (Try aiming at the ground below them). Actually, the Flames are pretty easy to kill with anything that is not a melee weapon.
2. Douse them and the surrounding area with grenades.

The Blackened (PE replacer) and its ghosts can be dealt with similarly, except you can't melee them so easily since they fly. They're slower, though, and not as tough, so it's not a big deal to gun them down. More annoying than actually threatening, although they're certainly far more of a threat than vanilla Pain Elementals.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”