SimpleStrife - A Strife minimod

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
amv2k9

SimpleStrife - A Strife minimod

Post by amv2k9 »

Summary:
This minimod is a mutator (a mod that includes no new graphical assets and relies on TEXTURES-based manipulation of IWAD assets) that takes Strife's Crossbow, Grenade Launcher, and Mauler, removes their sisterweapons, and turns each into one weapon. When using any of those weapons, you can press secondary fire to switch between the two types of attacks that will be used when primary fire is pressed. Nothing else is changed, nothing added or removed.

No screens provided, because you couldn't really tell what this mod is doing through screenshots, and anyway, the download is 4KB and that's like 1/20th the filesize of a screenshot.

Bugs:
-If you continue to hold secondary fire for a while after swapping to electric bolts with the Crossbow, or swapping to either mode with the Mauler, and then release the key, you may notice a bit of animation stutter. This is because the idling animations for those weapons are used as a sprite overlay; it doesn't affect the functionality of those weapons.
Attachments
simplestrife-v1.pk3
(4.07 KiB) Downloaded 134 times
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: SimpleStrife - A Strife minimod

Post by wildweasel »

Hmm. While the ammo-type switching makes sense for the crossbow, being a single-barreled weapon, I always thought that the Grenade Launcher would be better if it took advantage of its double-barrel layout by having one ammo type loaded in each barrel. I did a quick-and-dirty, Textures-based, idle-only hack here:
zrrion the insect

Re: SimpleStrife - A Strife minimod

Post by zrrion the insect »

This sounds interesting. Ill check it out when I'm at my PC.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”