(Now with the MP5) Sneaky DooM Arsenal

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Carbine Dioxide

(Now with the MP5) Sneaky DooM Arsenal

Post by Carbine Dioxide »

I made a thing. It is not quite done yet, but it's now a mod for Sneaky Doom. what is its right now, is a weapon mod that adds a Glock 18 that has an attachable silencer and reloads with 9mm mags. There is also the AA13 that loads shells individually and a MP5X that holds 30 rounds and they both have the whisper as an altfire.

If you want to help out, don't hesitate to tell me.
Here is the download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/0mh92 ... rsenal.pk3

The credits are a little smaller this time.

Credits:
The Unbeholden(I think): Glock 18
Trooper 077: Silencer sprite
I don't know where I got the AA12 sprites
Cortlong50: Weapon sounds
SidDoyle: Sneaky Doom base
Uboa: Doom Handed MP5
Hell Archon: MP5

I will later add screenshots to the thread if you guys don't want to see for yourself.
Last edited by Carbine Dioxide on Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:41 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: (Stealth not implemented yet) Stealth DooM

Post by Caligari87 »

Not that diversity and varying mod ideas/implementations is bad, but you're aware of the currently-active-and-updated Sneaky Doom, right?

And again with the rules, which were the downfall of the Silent Hill thread. Particularly #1, #2, #3, and #4.

8-)
Carbine Dioxide

I have heard of the sneaky doom project, and hope that I can do as much as the creator can with the stealth part.
Tapwave
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Tapwave »

Carbine Dioxide wrote:Glock 18 that reloads and has infinite ammo (Kinda need help with that)
Carbine Dioxide wrote:the Glock holds 9 mags and holds 18 rounds.
So, uh, does it have infinite ammo or not?
Carbine Dioxide wrote:I don't have a download right now, but I will later upload it to Mediafire.
When exactly? I don't really want to copypaste the usual "this forum is not for you if you only have ideas", but if you truly have something to post, you should've uploaded it first before posting the thread, and ask your questions in editing in the meantime.
Carbine Dioxide

Even if you run out of ammo, you still fire off rounds.

Once I finish all the main weapons, I will post the download.
Tapwave
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Tapwave »

Carbine Dioxide wrote:Even if you run out of ammo, you still fire off rounds.
Yeah, I got that since it has infinite ammo. I'm just wondering why you bothered including clips at all, why not just tell the gun to go to the reload state when it's empty and refill the clip for free?
Once I finish all the main weapons, I will post the download.
Again, what I said. If you have something to upload, upload it first, if you don't have anything, wait until you do, then post.
RIght now, you don't have any content except a vague description of the weapons, that's insufficient for a projects thread.
FireHusky

Re: (Now with reloading) Stealth DooM

Post by FireHusky »

Spoiler: Patch for Stealth Doom
There's another mod out already called Sneaky Doom that you're trying to incorporate some of its stealth actions, but I'm still curious to see how this mod will handle stealth or other related things. Try to branch off of Sneaky Doom. Will it get exclusive maps? What about projectile bullets? :P

EDIT: Whoops, got the names mixed up. :oops:
EDIT2: Makes reloading for all weapons smoother, less jerkier.
Last edited by FireHusky on Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Carbine Dioxide

This mod will soon be a addon for sneaky doom when I work out a problem in his mod. Can't seem to figure out what the problem is.

When I launch the game, this pops up:

Script error, "SneakyDoom.pk3:actors/player.txt" line 701:
Expected ')', got ','.

Can anyone help, or do I need the patch to make it work?
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Most of the time that kind of error show up when there is a missing or an extra character a few lines above the one the launcher mentioned.

Check the player.txt file and look around the line 701, maybe the problem is just a missing ")" or something like that. ZDoom launcher can really be a pain sometimes because it doesn't always point at the right line the error happened.
FireHusky

Post by FireHusky »

Carbine Dioxide wrote:This mod will soon be a addon for sneaky doom when I work out a problem in his mod. Can't seem to figure out what the problem is.

When I launch the game, this pops up:

Script error, "SneakyDoom.pk3:actors/player.txt" line 701:
Expected ')', got ','.

Can anyone help, or do I need the patch to make it work?
I downloaded the latest version of Sneaky Doom with this and I never got that error. Did you try to merge it all on one file with Sneaky Doom? I wouldn't do that, because you might need to keep replacing and replacing Sneaky Doom files after Sneaky Doom files when it keeps updating.
I even tried it with my patch and it still works.
EDIT: What I did was I just Drag and dropped all the files in ZDoom.exe.
If the error still persists, try downloading the latest Dev build of ZDoom/GZDoom.
Carbine Dioxide

Endless123 wrote:Most of the time that kind of error show up when there is a missing or an extra character a few lines above the one the launcher mentioned.

Check the player.txt file and look around the line 701, maybe the problem is just a missing ")" or something like that. ZDoom launcher can really be a pain sometimes because it doesn't always point at the right line the error happened.
I looked and it isn't a missing ")". I replaced one of the "," with a ")", and it said something about a sprite frame having to be exactly four letters.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”