Drunk Doom (Mugshots Needed :D )

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Josh771

Drunk Doom (Mugshots Needed :D )

Post by Josh771 »

This is just some silly thing I put together last night and today. Basically turns health into a drunkenness meter and replaces all health items with booze. :D Your aim becomes more and more wobbly the more wasted you become (i.e. higher health makes it harder to aim).

drunk.pk3

Please remember that this is a jokewad. It's all fun and games. I don't expect this to elicit any rants about alcohol abuse or a sprawling critique of the mod's features.

On a side note, I'd love it if someone could produce some mugshots for this in which Doomguy is obviously plastered with high health.
Ribo Zurai

Re: Drunk Doom (Mugshots Needed :D )

Post by Ribo Zurai »

You totally should make this compatible with Russian Overkill, replacing beer with vodka.
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

This sounds EXACTLY like how I was going to set up a .wad modification based on me and my friend's comic book. Would you be mad if I took notes from it if I ever make the mod? (With proper credit.)

Comic in question: http://nukeman.activebb.net/f1-nukeman-kittyboy
jpalomo

Post by jpalomo »

Ribo Zurai wrote:You totally should make this compatible with Russian Overkill, replacing beer with vodka.
Ha ha yes! Do it. I think I remember a wad that tried to simulate being drunk in a different way (through movement rather than the camera). That one is rather old though. Good work on this. I got a few laughs out of it.
Edit:
Spoiler:
Last edited by jpalomo on Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mallo

Post by mallo »

I think that we should use this opportunity and rant about negative effects of consuming alcohol-based products.

EDIT: ZDoom crashed after "give health 999999", "fov 190" and "summon spidermastermind" a few times (when one of em died)
Ed the Bat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ed the Bat »

jpalomo wrote:I think I remember a wad that tried to simulate being drunk in a different way (through movement rather than the camera). That one is rather old though.
This one?

Also, may we please see the ACS source to this? I feel like it could be useful.
Josh771

Post by Josh771 »

RexS wrote:This sounds EXACTLY like how I was going to set up a .wad modification based on me and my friend's comic book. Would you be mad if I took notes from it if I ever make the mod? (With proper credit.)
I typically never care if someone uses my work, as long as you credit me for any code or resources you use.
Ed the Bat wrote:Also, may we please see the ACS source to this? I feel like it could be useful.
Yeah, I'll upload another version that has a scripts folder containing the source.

Heheh, Russian Overkill did cross my mind. Has anyone actually tried loading this AFTER Russian Overkill to see what would happen? I might look into making a separate version for it.
jpalomo

Post by jpalomo »

It just uses the health pickups from whatever was loaded last. That still doesn't stop the player from abusing the slot 4 weapons in RO to gain tons of health though.
Ed the Bat wrote: This one?
Nope. I found it, and it wasn't as old as I thought (2009): Dizzy.wad by CaptainToenail.
Josh771

Post by Josh771 »

Just saw your video, jpalomo, and now I realize why Russian Overkill doesn't mix well with drunk.pk3 :D

So, should I create a bunch of new booze pickups for those health items or just make a separate drunk mod that can handle super-high health without giving you that horrible sweeping camera? I'm not sure how I'd keep variety with the health pickups unless I had color-coded vodka or something. Might just do that anyway.

EDIT: Taking a look at Dizzy.wad, I wouldn't approach it in DECORATE, but I'm considering adding a similar effect to make drunkenness even more debilitating.
Josh771

Post by Josh771 »

Bumping to inform the public that Drunk Doom is now compatible with the insane amounts of health seen in Russian Overkill. It should behave mostly the same with health <= 200. Also there is a staggering effect applied to player movement now which scales with your drunkenness. For the motherland!! :D :D

Return to “Gameplay Mods”