FragTrak Four! More Final Doomer compatibility!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: FragTrak²™

Postby Tapwave » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:23 pm

Yeah, I didn't forget this.
Version 2.0 now offers you:
  • No fuckery when you get a multikill that pushes you over a rank threshold!
  • A brand new HUD based on Xaser's Necrodome and Psychic mods, that works on all reasonably large resolutions!
  • A few new sounds!

And a new frontpage post. And in PK3 format, courtesy of Undead003.
Have fun!
Tapwave
On the GREEN!

Discord: Sunray#7070
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Tapwave » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:17 pm

I accidentally broke the Xp system while unbreaking the multikill thing.
Just redownload from the same link, and it'll work.
Tapwave
On the GREEN!

Postby Undead » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:37 pm

The status bar screws up whenever it's displayed. You're not supposed to use it while playing, but it undeniably happens in the automap.

Undead
RUS/SRB translator

Postby Tapwave » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:03 am

undead003 wrote:The status bar screws up whenever it's displayed. You're not supposed to use it while playing, but it undeniably happens in the automap.

I've noticed it too, but I have no idea of what causes this. The best bet I have would be to screw around with the HUD scaling settings until it stops, but it might screw up the main hud as well.
Tapwave
On the GREEN!

Postby Blue Shadow » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:22 am

As a top-level command, add this:

Code: Select allExpand view
height 0;

And make empty "normal" and "automap" statusbar definitions, so they're not drawn:

Code: Select allExpand view
statusbar normal {}
statusbar automap {}

This is unrelated to the HUD, but on load, the console spews these errors/warnings that you might want to take a look at:
Spoiler:
Blue Shadow

Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Tapwave » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:53 am

Thanks, everything's fixed now.
Version 2.1 it is!
  • Fixed the automap.
  • Enemies that can't get gibbed don't vanish when overkilled.
Same link as usual.
Tapwave
On the GREEN!

Postby Tapwave » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:40 pm

Undead003 screwed around the code with me, and we FINALLY fixed the multikill rankup issue. Once and for all. Just to commemorate how much of an idiot I am for not finding about this earlier, this update adds 2 more ranks to the ladder (10000 and 13000)!

Same link as usual, be aware that saves might not be compatible.
Tapwave
On the GREEN!

Postby brunocar » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:34 pm

WOW, thats 1 thing i can say about this mod, the other is that this mod can go in 2 routes now, either a arcade RPG style upgrade system and/or a weapon upgrade system; or it can stay the same and be a useless mod just to see how man kills have you done with the shotgun
brunocar

Postby Tapwave » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:42 pm

brunocar wrote: a arcade RPG style upgrade system

Doom RPG does that.
brunocar wrote: a weapon upgrade system

Defeats the point of the mod.
brunocar wrote:or it can stay the same and be a useless mod just to see how man kills have you done with the shotgun

You do realize that's it's just supposed to make the vanilla experience a bit fresher by giving you an incentive for challenges. Otherwise it's just vanilla.
Tapwave
On the GREEN!

Postby TheRailgunner » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:28 am

Any way you could use this sprite (or a scaled down variant) instead of the default handgun pickup? The default looks nothing like the actual pistol, and it'd be nice to not see what basically looks like a revolver in the top left corner.
TheRailgunner
Words go here.

Postby Tapwave » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:46 am

TheRailgunner wrote:to not see what basically looks like a revolver in the top left corner.

Thanks for the sprite, but the mod doesn't use weapon icons anymore. The screen you have seen must've been one of the very early versions that was made before the icon in zdoom.pk3 was replaced.
Tapwave
On the GREEN!

Postby darkhaven3 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:38 am

brunocar wrote:this mod can go in 2 routes now, either a arcade RPG style upgrade system and/or a weapon upgrade system; or it can stay the same and be a useless mod just to see how man kills have you done with the shotgun
Nobody gives a shit Brunocar

By the way, still was enjoying an older version of this mod before noticing it had been updated. It's a nice change of tone without really changing game play and I appreciate that.
darkhaven3
"You scared? Yeah... Me too."

Postby wildweasel » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:20 am

darkhaven3 wrote:Nobody gives a shit Brunocar

It doesn't matter what "nobody" thinks, could you please not act like that in the future?
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby brunocar » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:38 am

wildweasel wrote:
darkhaven3 wrote:Nobody gives a shit Brunocar

It doesn't matter what "nobody" thinks, could you please not act like that in the future?

thank you for not being the kind of admin that other forums have (an abusive brat) and for teaching manners to people

brunocar wrote: a arcade RPG style upgrade system

tapewave wrote:Doom RPG does that.

if you are thinking about that uncompressed, glitchy mess, no i dont want that; if you are thnking abut the mobile game you are just ignoring the fact that its complatly diferent

brunocar wrote: a weapon upgrade system

tapwave wrote:Defeats the point of the mod.

whats the point of it, please help me, i seriously dont get whats the point of it

brunocar wrote:or it can stay the same and be a useless mod just to see how man kills have you done with the shotgun

tapewave wrote:You do realize that's it's just supposed to make the vanilla experience a bit fresher by giving you an incentive for challenges. Otherwise it's just vanilla.

i find the fact that you used vanilla doom as a the template amusing, if you play doom normally you are just going to use the shotgun
brunocar

Postby Tapwave » Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:47 am

brunocar wrote:whats the point of it, please help me, i seriously dont get whats the point of it

The point of it is that you have vanilla gameplay. But since you can quantify everything you do with your weapons, you should give yourself challenges. Like "Hey! I really want to get prestige 1 on my pistol, even if it's 1500 kills!" So you'll use stronger weapons to whittle down enemies before you can then whip out the pistol and finish them off for pistol kills. Which also gives you more XP since it's a weaker weapon.

Or you'll play on higher difficulties, trying to kill more enemies because you want more XP for the next rank. Or you'll use berserk packs as much as possible to get fist kills which give the most XP.
Or you'll forgo prestiges entirely and instead aim for the highest killcount on specific weapons, so you can brag about having 25500 kills on your pistol, or...

Get it now?

brunocar wrote:i find the fact that you used vanilla doom as a the template amusing, if you play doom normally you are just going to use the shotgun

Refer to my point above.

While it is true that via my playtesting, the first gun I got to prestige 8 was the super shotgun, all the other weapons still retain use. Chaingun for sniping enemies, fist when berserk for grinding xp and easy kills, chainsaw when out of ammo, shotgun in Doom 1, pistol when starting out, rocket launcher against tougher foes, plasma gun as a chaingun replacements sometimes, BFG for really tough enemies you need dead NOW like archviles.

So no, no weapon upgrades, and no rpg stuff. It's just counters.
Tapwave
On the GREEN!

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods