FragTrak Four! More Final Doomer compatibility!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Tapwave
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: FragTrak, now with LESS CODE???

Post by Tapwave »

lunaticpandora wrote: I really like the layout and especially the achievements feature,
If you mean the XP system and prestige medals, thanks! I wanted to put in actual achievements, but most of them would be pure number-grinding and wouldn't add much. Plus the code is spaghettified enough as is. :p
nazakomu

Post by nazakomu »

Tapwave wrote:
lunaticpandora wrote: I really like the layout and especially the achievements feature,
If you mean the XP system and prestige medals, thanks! I wanted to put in actual achievements, but most of them would be pure number-grinding and wouldn't add much. Plus the code is spaghettified enough as is. :p
Oops, my bad. I looked at the DECORATE and holy hell, that is a butt-load of kill tokens! :shock: And my god, I was kind of.. frightened by the ACS so yeah -- you should probably not implement an actual achievement system until something gets sorted out or whatever floats your boat. Astonishing job though, it looks like loads of effort has been drained into this so I thank you for your dedication and hard work. It really motivates me to have this mod as a pseudo-mandatory mod for use if I'm not using any crucial gameplay mods that would affect it or have compatibility issues. :mrgreen:
Tapwave

Post by Tapwave »

lunaticpandora wrote:
Tapwave wrote:
Oops, my bad. I looked at the DECORATE and holy hell, that is a butt-load of kill tokens! :shock: And my god, I was kind of.. frightened by the ACS so yeah -- you should probably not implement an actual achievement system until something gets sorted out or whatever floats your boat. Astonishing job though, it looks like loads of effort has been drained into this so I thank you for your dedication and hard work. It really motivates me to have this mod as a pseudo-mandatory mod for use if I'm not using any crucial gameplay mods that would affect it or have compatibility issues. :mrgreen:
The acs is actually not that complex at all! I tried to document things as much as I can. It's just really long because there is a ton of things that are done very slightly differently about a hundred times: there is a script for every monster, every gun. I could do this through ZScript as well, maybe this would make the mod multi-compatible, too, I dunno.

If you want to code an achievement system, or any add-on to this mod, though, just shoot me a PM on discord and I can discuss it with you, explain parts of the code and such if you need it. I'm all for people tinkering with the mod, actually.
This mod was made vastly easier thanks to search & replace, without it, it'd likely have taken my thrice the time! Really, most of the code is copypasta. Lots and lots of copypasta.
nazakomu

Post by nazakomu »

Tapwave wrote: I could do this through ZScript as well, maybe this would make the mod multi-compatible, too, I dunno.
That's awesome, I would need some time to figure something out maybe! I'm such a novice when it comes to ZScript and that's basically what I create anything in nowadays because of it's flexibilities, capabilities, and it's power. The possibilities are—at this point—almost endless!
Tapwave wrote:
If you want to code an achievement system, or any add-on to this mod, though, just shoot me a PM on discord and I can discuss it with you, explain parts of the code and such if you need it.
But well.. I'm not the most reliable person for ZScript (being as It's obviously possible in ACS - but probably not the most convenient in comparison to ZScript), I wish I was more capable of being able to do much more with it and my ambition right now is towards trying to utilize it more often and master it -- and of course, I'm still learning it and I'm just waiting for the documentation to expand more because I still get quite lost every now and then. Maybe... maybe one day! :oops:
Last edited by nazakomu on Sun May 28, 2017 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tapwave

Post by Tapwave »

Speaking of ZScript, I've just updated the mod, porting everything DECORATE but the tokens to ZScript! Sadly, I can't figure for the life of me how to edit CVars in ZScript, so there is not much change, but here's the changelog anyway.

• You now start with your Pistol out and not your fist. :y
• Removed a sound that was useless.
• Removed a boatload of unused states for many, many monsters, reducing filesize down to 395kb along with the sound removal.
nazakomu

Post by nazakomu »

Tapwave wrote:Speaking of ZScript, I've just updated the mod, porting everything DECORATE but the tokens to ZScript! Sadly, I can't figure for the life of me how to edit CVars in ZScript,
Except, prepare for an imminent update that has the tokens converted to ZScript! :wub:
Tapwave

Re: FragTrak Mk III Z-Script Edition

Post by Tapwave »

lunaticpandora wrote:
Tapwave wrote:Speaking of ZScript, I've just updated the mod, porting everything DECORATE but the tokens to ZScript! Sadly, I can't figure for the life of me how to edit CVars in ZScript,
Except, prepare for an imminent update that has the tokens converted to ZScript! :wub:

Ask and ye shall receive! Indeed, all tokens have been converted to ZScript, and the ACS lump has been reduced by 1000 lines! And extra sound compression brought me down to only 280 kb! It's like Christmas!

And with this, ladies and gentlemen, we now have FragTrak MK3, Z-Script edition! :cheers:

/edit
Forgot to mention, XP amounts have been rebalanced, using the chainsaw is now MUCH more rewarding, and so is the plasma rifle.
Tapwave

Post by Tapwave »

Quick patch! I did something very dumb, Cyberdemons were incrementing spider mastermind kills. Just redownload the .pk3 file.
Nothing else was broken as far as I can see, thankfully, and this made no real difference since both monsters give the same XP amounts anyway.
Tapwave

Post by Tapwave »

In light of this, I've updated FragTrak to use it's menu the "proper way". The only difference is that the options menu is now at the bottom of the list instead of on top.

This is actually pretty important if the changes make it so editing the main options menu becomes an illegal action, so you should definitely update.

Get it here!
Tapwave

Re: FragTrak Four (Beta)

Post by Tapwave »

It's (almost) there! Version 4 Beta is out, and you can download it here.

It's not entirely complete yet (the scorecard has a lot of work that needs to be done to it), but you won't lose any of your statistics.

I strongly suggest you update if you have guns that are approaching 5000 kills, as I fixed a series of critical checks errors that made late game progression impossible.

Changelog:
• Fixed a boatload of fucked up checks in the rankup scripts that made progression impossible with some guns.
• Completely new Z-Script HUD courtesy of Lud, along with code upgrades and sexy as heck graphics.
• Every gun has its own set of medals.
• Ranks are now accounted for in the scorecard.
• Total Enemy counters are NOT removed, just not displayed, will be re-added latter when a bug is fixed in-engine.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

This may be a beta, but rest assured that nothing would break by normal means of playing. It is possible to forcibly break it, though that can only happen through careless cheating in the console.
Tapwave

Post by Tapwave »

Well, speaking of stuff breaking.. Nah, nothing too bad.

• Prestige medals appear at the top left if the FragTrak is disabled.
• Key graphics desaturated slightly.
• Total Prestige counter had negatives if you had less than 8 prestige medals.
epiccolton26
Location: The depths of space, destroying entire solar systems

Post by epiccolton26 »

For some reason, the second frame firing sprites for the Chaingun (Which also appears to be slightly out of alignment) and the Plasma Rifle aren't showing up. I'm not really sure if it's intentional, but it just seems a bit awkward. Normally, I'd just fix them using SLADE but I'm not sure how to fix it now that ZScript has been put into the works (Which reminds me that I need to get acquainted with the ZScript language, but I digress).
Tapwave

Post by Tapwave »

epiccolton26 wrote:For some reason, the second frame firing sprites for the Chaingun (Which also appears to be slightly out of alignment) and the Plasma Rifle aren't showing up. I'm not really sure if it's intentional, but it just seems a bit awkward. Normally, I'd just fix them using SLADE but I'm not sure how to fix it now that ZScript has been put into the works (Which reminds me that I need to get acquainted with the ZScript language, but I digress).
That is a very, very weird bug I'm aware of and have never managed to fix, simply because I have no clue what causes it. All of the state code for the guns is pretty much verbatim from their base, just with the attack functions changed, which means the guns look "right" normally, but merely changing a function apparently breaks it graphically.. Somehow.

This is the chaingun's firestate, for reference.

Code: Select all

States
 {
  Select:
	CHGG A 1 A_Raise;
	Wait;
  Ready:
    CHGG A 1 A_WeaponReady;
    Loop;
  Fire:
	CHGG A 4 {A_CgAtk();A_GunFlash();}
	CHGG B 4 A_CgAtk;
    CHGG B 0 A_ReFire;
    Goto Ready;
 }
And this is it's base code in DECORATE.

Code: Select all

Fire:
     CHGG AB 4 A_FireCGun
     CHGG B 0 A_ReFire
     Goto Ready
From what I can tell, it's the second flash frame that is never played, and putting another GunFlash call on the B frame does not make it work either.

/edit whoops i spoke too soon

me: "dumb bug, no idea how fix"

lud: "k" *fix*

So yeah, the bug is now fixed, get the build from the usual link.
Tapwave

Post by Tapwave »

Okay, this bug is fixed for real real now. same link as usual. Thanks to Lud for figuring out what was fucking up.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”