FragTrak Four! More Final Doomer compatibility!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
epiccolton26
Location: The depths of space, destroying entire solar systems

Re: FragTrak Four (Beta)

Post by epiccolton26 »

The firing frame for the pistol also seems to be lagging behind a bit. Fixed it by copying and pasting the original Pistol flash state from the QZDoom source .pk3 into the class code for Fragtrak's Pistol and setting it from 7 to 6. I don't know of a better fix other than that, so don't be hesitant to put a better one into Fragtrak. :P
Tapwave
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Tapwave »

Oh, great! I'm keeping this in mind for the next update, there is a lot of refactoring on the bench. We might shave a few KB off again.
legendrodrigo

Post by legendrodrigo »

I'm sorry for the question but i didn't find the answer for it, so what does ranking weapons and ranking up does?
Tapwave

Post by Tapwave »

legendrodrigo wrote:I'm sorry for the question but i didn't find the answer for it, so what does ranking weapons and ranking up does?
Nothing gameplay-wise. Game balance is strictly identical to vanilla (and will be even more true to form when FFour Final is out). All the ranks and such are purely cosmetic.
Tapwave

Re: FragTrak Four (Release Candidate)

Post by Tapwave »

Important patch is out! It fixes a lot, and I mean a LOT of critical errors. Completely new players can now actually use the damn thing! And ultra-completionists won't crash and burn once they finally reach the maximum rank. Oh, they couldn't before, because I'm an idiot. :(

But! To compensate, you can now customize your fragtrak kill sound with 5 different sounds, and the scorecard is now totally done! With tons of percentages! Medal names! Individual kill counters, again! YOWZA! make sure you bind the page-flipping thing, too!

The filename is different now, so make absolutely sure you load "fragtrak.pk3" from now on!
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

This mod is pretty damn cool. My only issue with it is that the hud makes it quite a lot harder to read what your health and armor values are from reading the numbers. It would also be cool to be able to view the stats page through a menu or something that doesn't require binds.

Would it be too much to request a Smooth Doom version of this mod for both monsters and weapons? I like vanilla and all but whenever I choose to play vanilla I usually do it with something like Smooth Doom for graphical enhancements without affecting gameplay and it would make a great combo with FragTrak.
Tapwave

Post by Tapwave »

Someone64 wrote:My only issue with it is that the hud makes it quite a lot harder to read what your health and armor values are from reading the numbers.
I think I might touch up the digits. They ARE a bit small. I originally wanted "stick" leds instead of matrix leds.
Someone64 wrote: It would also be cool to be able to view the stats page through a menu or something that doesn't require binds.
I would love to but it'd be very meh looking and hard to implement. Sorry, but the hud scorecard will have to stay. :c
Would it be too much to request a Smooth Doom version of this mod for both monsters and weapons?
Compatibility is actually something being worked on! Sadly, Gifty has a... very strange naming convention which makes it very, very hard to work with. However, Fragtrak will be compatible with Legendoom on release.
Tapwave

Re: FragTrak Four [Now Out!]

Post by Tapwave »

HOLY CRABCAKES FR4GTRAK IS OUT IT'S OFFICIAL

What does it do? Well, compared to the previous version, a lot of bugs got purged, better medals for the BFG (thanks mor'ladim!), genocide ranks are in.. Yadda, yadda.

Most importantly, Fragtrak's overhead has been completely redone! It is now compatible with other mods, although I am only certain it works with LegenDoom 1.6.
Please try out other mods with FragTrak and tell me if it works out or not so I can add them to the list! Have fun!
nazakomu

Post by nazakomu »

Tapwave wrote:Please try out other mods with FragTrak and tell me if it works out or not so I can add them to the list! Have fun!
Holy crackers! I'll be sure to test it with other mods for compatibility checks then!
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

What is the criteria of mods that are compatible with FragTrak? The vast majority don't work. Should it be 1 weapon per slot, vanilla damage types, and 1 monster per monster type? Can different monsters be used at all?
Tapwave

Post by Tapwave »

Someone64 wrote:What is the criteria of mods that are compatible with FragTrak? The vast majority don't work. Should it be 1 weapon per slot, vanilla damage types, and 1 monster per monster type? Can different monsters be used at all?
Fragtrak recognizes weapons and monsters through their actor name. A mod that follows doom's naming convention should work.

Smooth doom has issues because not all actors follow that convention, some have oddball names ("Sexysoul" for lost souls, for instance).
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

Quite unfortunate that most mods don't. I hope support for mods improves in the future. I'm quite enjoying my time with FragTrak and Legendoom, though.Would it be possible to make a custom compatibility patch to add Legendoom's HUD stuff?
Tapwave

Post by Tapwave »

Someone64 wrote:Quite unfortunate that most mods don't. I hope support for mods improves in the future. I'm quite enjoying my time with FragTrak and Legendoom, though.Would it be possible to make a custom compatibility patch to add Legendoom's HUD stuff?
It's sorta doable, at least weapon-wise. I just need to know the actor names exactly and then work from there. It's a bit of an If bloat, but it's the best I can do.

Fucking with the HUD is beyond my skill level, sadly, as none of the HUD code is mine. (It's Lud's.) You can still use the weapon page from Legendoom to check your current legendaries. Porting over Legendoom's SBARINFO to ZScript might prove very problematic!
Tapwave

Re: FragTrak Four! (Critical Patch!)

Post by Tapwave »

Important!

I've just patched a critical error which made Fragtrak crash on load for new users that run GzD 3.2.1 or latter. Updating won't change your statistics!
If the date displayed on startup is not December 11, update your Fragtrak file! Same link as usual.

If you find any other crashing or non-crashing bugs, please report them to me immediately!
Tapwave

Re: FragTrak Four! (Oops Commit)

Post by Tapwave »

Whoops, seems like not all the holes were plugged.. That should do it now. Imagine the post from before happened today instead, alright? :3:

The date should say December 12 instead.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”