FragTrak Four! More Final Doomer compatibility!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
JimpArgon

Re: FragTrak (Yet Another Update)

Post by JimpArgon »

Tapwave wrote:Though you should be in the habit to a recent SVN around for mods that don't run on main.
Yes, but you would not know it did not run on the stable version because you did not mention such things on the first post.

Look here:
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=52164

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=53010

You will see on the first post they both specify that they run exclusively on the development versions of GZ doom. All I was saying is that you do the same and mention on the first post that this is for the dev version. Not every mod released is exclusively for the Dev. versions of GZ Doom....
Tapwave
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: FragTrak (Yet Another Update)

Post by Tapwave »

Previous commentators had no issue finding out thanks to the sticky, but since you insist, I added a mention to the first post anyhow.
Tapwave

Re: FragTrak, Now with COLORS

Post by Tapwave »

Hey guys! Thanks to Blue Shadow's, dpJudas' and Eruanna's work being implemented in the newest version of Zdoom and Gzdoom, several features I desperately needed are now in! Check it out!

You can now customize the color of your fragtrak counter! Just open the Fragtrak Options menu and screw around with the setting. There are 10 available colors to use!

Who needs to use a different mod just for a different resolution? The hudscale setting that's available in the new Zdoom solves that issue!

Oh, and I'm going to release a itty bitty little mod soon, which will be perfectly compatible with this, just make sure you load Fragtrak first!

Download here!
Tapwave

Re: FragTrak, now with COLORS

Post by Tapwave »

Here is a prototype version of Fragtrak that fixes a few things:
The Scorecard is a hell of a lot more readable, and has a total gibs counter under the total kills counter.
• ACS overhead has been reduced thanks to Major Cooke's DrawCvarInt addition.
• Two more experience ranks have been added.

Keep in mind that this requires a SVN version from at least October 4. These versions use a different JSON save format which means that all your saves will be incompatible!
Update at your own risk. Your fragtrak scores will still work, but none of your savegames will.
mutator

Post by mutator »

is this compatible with trailblazer?
Tapwave

Post by Tapwave »

mutator wrote:is this compatible with trailblazer?
As my frontpage post stated, this mod isn't compatible with things that replace the coding of the weapons or the coding of the monsters.

Purely cosmetic mods like DUCK will work.
Tapwave

Re: FragTrak, now with LESS BUGS

Post by Tapwave »

Hey guys! This isn't dead, especially with 2.4.0 giving me official support for IntCvar! Woo!
Updated version here!

So, what's new?
• You don't need a devbuild anymore! Everything works out of the box with 2.4.0!
• Weapons now update properly when switching guns, you don't have to wait for the animation to finish anymore!
• Counters update a lot more often since they're based directly on the CVars instead of a clunky ACS overhead which has been tremendously lightened!
• About 10kb filesize less!
• A few display bugs have been fixed!

Remember, any suggestions, comments, bug reports, etc. are greatly appreciated!
durbdoogle

Post by durbdoogle »

Oh awesome! New update! I like using this mod for a 1st time vanilla map run just for a little variety before going for any crazier mods. Glad to see you're taking advantage of the new features of GZdoom 2.4 :) I also, like to pair it with your D.U.C.K. mod.
Tapwave

Post by Tapwave »

durbdoogle wrote:Oh awesome! New update! I like using this mod for a 1st time vanilla map run just for a little variety before going for any crazier mods. Glad to see you're taking advantage of the new features of GZdoom 2.4 :) I also, like to pair it with your D.U.C.K. mod.
Thanks! D.U.C.K has actually been made with Fragtrak compatibility in mind, there are a few little issues (mainly the BFG and Berserk icons in the scorecard menu), but it should work otherwise.
Lime

Post by Lime »

Tapwave wrote:
durbdoogle wrote:Oh awesome! New update! I like using this mod for a 1st time vanilla map run just for a little variety before going for any crazier mods. Glad to see you're taking advantage of the new features of GZdoom 2.4 :) I also, like to pair it with your D.U.C.K. mod.
Thanks! D.U.C.K has actually been made with Fragtrak compatibility in mind, there are a few little issues (mainly the BFG and Berserk icons in the scorecard menu), but it should work otherwise.
- At least this mod still on. by the way, i've been pairing this with D.U.C.K and DanNums. It suits for me.
Tapwave

Post by Tapwave »

Whoa, DamNums works with no conflicts? I should check it out, then. :o
Tapwave

Re: FragTrak, now with LESS CODE???

Post by Tapwave »

A quick update!
Sadly, that means your previous saves won't work (again), but your stats will still be saved.
I reduced the size of the script by a few hundred lines, and removed useless command calls. This should reduce ACS overhead further (and made the file 3kb lighter, woo).
nazakomu

Post by nazakomu »

Tapwave wrote:A quick update!
Sadly, that means your previous saves won't work (again), but your stats will still be saved.
I reduced the size of the script by a few hundred lines, and removed useless command calls. This should reduce ACS overhead further (and made the file 3kb lighter, woo).
Hmm.. It appears whenever I attempt to download FragTrak -- Mediafire claims it's a "Dangerous File" and it gets blocked for me. Can you utilize Dropbox or Google Drive or whatever else you can work with as an alternative download mirror? Thanks in advance.
Tapwave

Post by Tapwave »

lunaticpandora wrote:
Hmm.. It appears whenever I attempt to download FragTrak -- Mediafire claims it's a "Dangerous File" and it gets blocked for me. Can you utilize Dropbox or Google Drive or whatever else you can work with as an alternative download mirror? Thanks in advance.
Oh, dammit, their stupid advertizing tactics are really getting out of hand. Here's a dropbox link.
nazakomu

Post by nazakomu »

Tapwave wrote:
Oh, dammit, their stupid advertizing tactics are really getting out of hand. Here's a dropbox link.
Yeah you should probably provide a Dropbox link as an alternative download mirror on the OP contingent upon this happening in the future; MediaFire suddenly works again and allows me to download it just fine. I just get the feeling this will probably happen again if you happen to update FragTrak and it would be annoyingly inconvenient if it occurred everytime you update it.

Though more importantly - I tried the mod and played for about 40 minutes and I really like the idea as a whole and I will probably use it often. I really like the layout and especially the achievements feature, it's perfectly fitting for the 'FragTrak² Lite™ statistics device'! :3:

Return to “Gameplay Mods”