[WIP] Sneaky Doom - New A.I.!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [WIP] Sneaky Doom - New A.I.!

Postby Valken » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:50 am

I tried this mod and its amazing the way the AI hunts you down. I was wondering if it was possible to separate the weapons out? I want to try the AI only with other weapons mod in a hunt and be hunted mode...

This AI coupled with the Alien's Ultimate TC and Dark Doom would be amazing, but I would still want to keep the Colonial Marine weapons.
Valken

Postby LolwellunTeapot » Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:51 am

ZDoom compatibility untested

You can test software renderer compatibility in GZDoom by setting vid_renderer to false... or you can download the SVN versions of good ol' ZDoom.
LolwellunTeapot
I do stuff.

Postby Skrell » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:04 pm

Valken wrote:I tried this mod and its amazing the way the AI hunts you down. I was wondering if it was possible to separate the weapons out? I want to try the AI only with other weapons mod in a hunt and be hunted mode...

This AI coupled with the Alien's Ultimate TC and Dark Doom would be amazing, but I would still want to keep the Colonial Marine weapons.

I ALSO would love to use this mod with other mods like Brutal Doom if possible! The AI is great and makes the game more interesting!
Skrell

Postby Somagu » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:47 pm

The weapons are tied into the behavior of the AI, it's unfortunately not as simple as just plopping the AI onto another mod. Brutal Doom and Alien TC also use different monsters and weapons, so in all cases you'd need to do some custom jury rigging to actually get it to work properly.
Somagu

Postby Skrell » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:18 am

Somagu wrote:The weapons are tied into the behavior of the AI, it's unfortunately not as simple as just plopping the AI onto another mod. Brutal Doom and Alien TC also use different monsters and weapons, so in all cases you'd need to do some custom jury rigging to actually get it to work properly.

Aww what a shame! Thanks for explanation though!
Skrell

Postby el armadillo2 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:20 am

Sorry for the necro, but the link to Realistic Aiming doesn't work.
el armadillo2

Postby Josh771 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:25 am

The newest rendition of my "RealAim" script is built into Immerse, along with several other camera effects and footsteps that can all be adjusted from an in-game menu.
Josh771
formerly known as SidDoyle

Discord: josh771#7771

Postby gramps » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:22 pm

Getting a 404 at download link :(
gramps

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods