A few monsters from Realm 667 turned playable

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Kostov

A few monsters from Realm 667 turned playable

Post by Kostov »

Yes.

As some here know, I made the Terminator, a monster from Realm 667 (not T-1000) playable as a player class. Mostly between me and a friend of mine, I've made several other monsters playable. The coding isn't flawless and the classes may not be 100% identical to their AI counterparts, but I just did what I could. Right now, it's a hobby of mine.

These playable monsters do have a view height set, but they do not have heights or radii. This means you can walk freely within ways and corridors that should only be accessible to humans or similarly sized beings. If you're tall enough, when you're inside a short corridor, your view height will lower to right below the ceiling, but your third person sprite will clip through it.

The final point: These player classes require the files that shelter their AI counterparts. For example, if you wanted to play as an Archon of Hell - you would have to download this file and load the .wad with the playable version of the Archon of Hell afterwards. Alternatively, you may use scalliano's 667 Shuffle, which as of now contains the AI counterparts of all monsters available in this thread.

Now then, you got either method ready? Feel free to download the player classes and play and give feedback, or just play. Have fun.

Archon of Hell - Based on the Archon of Hell.
Dark Cardinal - Based on the Dark Cardinal.
Terminator - Based on the Terminator.
Thamuz - Based on Thamuz.
krokots

Re: A few monsters from Realm 667 turned playable

Post by krokots »

Pretty cool. So, more classes are coming? I always wanted to play as a demon, for a change, against humans. So it partially satisfies this :)
Kostov

Post by Kostov »

krokots wrote:Pretty cool. So, more classes are coming? I always wanted to play as a demon, for a change, against humans. So it partially satisfies this :)
Actually -

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?p=555132#p555132

I've made a personal version that doesn't show fists on some monsters when attacking etc. if you'd like it.

I have a playable version of this guy locked up on another computer, but I don't have access to it at the moment. I think my friend has a copy of it, so I'll ask him.
krokots

Post by krokots »

I know this mod. Some time ago i added dark bishop from hexen, but it was crappy.
I don't think there are sprites of demon's fists? I remember that in "master of puppets" there were caco's teeth, as in weapon sprite.
Keep those monsters comin', if you have time!
Kostov

Post by Kostov »

krokots wrote:I don't think there are sprites of demon's fists?
Not demon fists - human fists, which is immersion shattering. If I remember correctly you have fists when controlling the Baron aswell, and that's when firing ranged attacks which makes no sense.
krokots

Post by krokots »

Fore some reason Archon of Hell is unable to pickup keycards (don't know about others)
Kostov

Post by Kostov »

See - I disabled their pickup ability because my that would make my partner (who always liked cheating and playing as other things) dependent on me for unlocking puzzles, while he had the power.

I must be silly enough to forget about this little backside pain in singleplayer. I'll upload versions with pickup ability sometime. Just give yourself the key once you've reached it until then, here's the commands below for the respective items.

Give BlueCard
Give BlueSkull
Give RedCard
Give RedSkull
Give YellowCard
Give YellowSkull

Or, of course, just type in IDKFA while playing. :D

Return to “Gameplay Mods”