[Proof of Concept] Build Your Skill

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [Proof of Concept] Build Your Skill

Postby wildweasel » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:01 am

edward850 wrote:I completely forgot I had this unuploaded 6GB encoded video since June. Enjoy.

Ah...yeah, that's from a pretty old version of the mod, too. Sorry, I'm currently not working on the mod as of late. College work and other projects are occupying the majority of my time.
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby ilovedoom! clone » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:27 pm

Download link doesn't work :(
ilovedoom! clone

Postby wildweasel » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:33 pm

ilovedoom! clone wrote:Download link doesn't work :(

Works for me. Otherwise, what download link?
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby EddieMann » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:23 pm

Who manufactures guns with such ridiculously hefty trigger pulls? Oh, and it just says "gettargethealth" at the bottom of the screen, no HUD nor anything.
Give_Inventory Unknown Item type CC_Imp frequently appears, too.
EddieMann

Postby wildweasel » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:13 pm

EddieMann wrote:Who manufactures guns with such ridiculously hefty trigger pulls? Oh, and it just says "gettargethealth" at the bottom of the screen, no HUD nor anything.
Give_Inventory Unknown Item type CC_Imp frequently appears, too.

Yeah the last time this mod was tested was long before ZScript was even being alpha tested, and I'm absolutely convinced I've done everything in the wrongest, most criminal way possible, so things breaking isn't just understandable: it's expected.
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Somagu » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:47 am

I actually can't verify that issue. It's working fine for me in version 4.1.3, aside from the fact that Kinsie's test map tends to mess with functions that use ACS, which isn't unique to this particular mod.
Somagu

Postby That One Guy » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:09 am

This Is Really Cool!, And Another Name Of The Mod Would Be "Practice Makes Perfect".
That One Guy

Postby EddieMann » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:23 am

Somagu wrote:I actually can't verify that issue. It's working fine for me in version 4.1.3, aside from the fact that Kinsie's test map tends to mess with functions that use ACS, which isn't unique to this particular mod.

I'm using 4.2 Pre, a devbuild.
EddieMann

Postby Somagu » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:14 pm

EddieMann wrote:
Somagu wrote:I actually can't verify that issue. It's working fine for me in version 4.1.3, aside from the fact that Kinsie's test map tends to mess with functions that use ACS, which isn't unique to this particular mod.

Can confirm it works fine in 4.2 pre here as well. Are you absolutely sure it's not just the map you're playing, or a conflicting ACS script? Does it still not work if you load it with absolutely nothing else in your load order or autoload?
Somagu

Postby EddieMann » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:55 am

Somagu wrote:
EddieMann wrote:

Can confirm it works fine in 4.2 pre here as well. Are you absolutely sure it's not just the map you're playing, or a conflicting ACS script? Does it still not work if you load it with absolutely nothing else in your load order or autoload?

Considering that i've only used IWADs, i'm certain - though, not so sure about TargetSpy nor the Proper Crosshair minimod. Still, a proper HUD with keys, health, ammo and all that other stuff would be nice to have even in a proof-of-concept mod.
Hopefully it will be finished with the other guns as well so the IoS is beatable. Plasma rifle behaving as a flamethrower could fit.

And maybe a bigger ammo capacity for the machine gun. It's an absolutely great concept that deserves to be revisted and tried better.
EddieMann

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods