[WIP] Tenacity

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Sgt. Shivers

[WIP] Tenacity

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

Hey Doomers, this is a project I've been working on for quite a while now, but recently it's become a bit abandoned, so I decided to release what I've got so far:

Tenacity is basically Samsara with more generic characters. Instead of the Doom Marine, you have the Space Marine; a melding of the doom, quake and quake 2 guys. There's also the Retro dude who is a mix of BJ from wolfenstein and the Rise of the Triad characters. The rest of the characters follow a similar trend. Some of the classes are broken and some are missing weapons, so they have been taken out of the class list, even though their code is in the pk3. There's some weirdness here and there but most of it works.

If you guys could give this a shot and return some feed back or possible fixes that would be really helpful.

Now then, here are some screenshots!
Spoiler:
You can download the latest version here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/141 ... 20v1.2.pk3
Doomguy5th

Re: [WIP] Tenacity

Post by Doomguy5th »

:foxnews: This is pretty cool! I especially like the Space Marine Class and the sprites you used for the SoldierBFG. The sounds are okay (needs more beefy sounds), the classes are great, and the weapons are pretty cool. :foxnews:

Edit: Just testing out these smilies... hehe... Oh, and all the sprites for all of the weapons... THEY'RE AMAZING!! :mrgreen:
SoloSpaghetti

Post by SoloSpaghetti »

Unfinished or not, I really really like the design of your weapons! They're wonderful! :D
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

SoloSpaghetti wrote:Unfinished or not, I really really like the design of your weapons! They're wonderful! :D
Indeed. It's nice and refreshing to see something different. I like the soldier/space marine weapons the best but I have to say that the double shotgun cocking frames look quite different to my eye compared to the idling (etc) frames. i.e. the gun seems to change appearance quite a bit when it is being cocked - the regular and cocking frames don't match very well IMO.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

gotta really love and approve what you did that spas, shivers. it's now became even more deadly also beautiful, even it has awkward, low-quality and multifully used sounds though.
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

Its not to shabby actually. critically speaking, i have nothing to add, it wasn't my particular cup of tea, but it seems like a well thought out mod.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”