Metroid: Dreadnought v1 - The Galaxy is Doomed

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Metroid: Dreadnought v1 - The Galaxy is Doomed

Postby brunocar » Wed May 28, 2014 4:08 pm

the only 2 things this mod needs are: a complete mph mapset and a better morphball
brunocar

Postby Tango » Wed May 28, 2014 4:11 pm

yeah this is really sweet. with proper textures and maybe some more metroid enemies I could see this being a blast to make maps for
Tango
heh!

Postby TerminusEst13 » Wed May 28, 2014 5:24 pm

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:where'd those Space Pirates in the gameplay trailer come from?

Pop in map31, you might be surprised. :p
TerminusEst13
I'm just a guy.

Twitch ID: TerminusEst13

Postby Infirnex » Wed May 28, 2014 6:39 pm

This is a great mod, and I've been playing this non-stop since I downloaded it!
The only thing I was kinda expecting that wasn't implemented (besides the Screw Attack, which I have no idea how it would work) is the Shinespark. I didn't look at instructions first but figured out how to work the speed booster, so I instinctively thought to crouch to activate it. But no dice.
It's not a deal breaker though, and if my map detailing skills were anything above "meh" I would definitely give mapping a go.
Infirnex

Postby devildemon » Thu May 29, 2014 2:51 pm

HOLY SHIT! THis is bad ass looking! Must try
devildemon
Tank Dempsey!

Postby Wivicer » Thu May 29, 2014 4:14 pm

Quick note: I don't know if this happens in zandronum or anything because I'm playing in GZDooM, but when in the morph ball I can't pick up items or health or anything.
Wivicer

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby TerminusEst13 » Thu May 29, 2014 7:53 pm

Wivicer wrote:Quick note: I don't know if this happens in zandronum or anything because I'm playing in GZDooM, but when in the morph ball I can't pick up items or health or anything.

Yup, the morph ball can't pick up items. This is to keep people from just hiding in morph all the time in order to abuse the tiny hitbox--you've gotta risk it in order to pick up health pickups.

Infirnex wrote:The only thing I was kinda expecting that wasn't implemented (besides the Screw Attack, which I have no idea how it would work) is the Shinespark. I didn't look at instructions first but figured out how to work the speed booster, so I instinctively thought to crouch to activate it. But no dice.

Aahhh, the Shinespark--easily the most requested item next to the Screw Attack. I'll see if I can fiddle with the code and figure out how to get that old baby going. :D
TerminusEst13
I'm just a guy.

Postby TehRealSalt » Thu May 29, 2014 9:31 pm

Might as well leave this here:
Last edited by wildweasel on Thu May 29, 2014 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Welcome to the forums; I've adjusted your image to use imgur's automatic thumbnail instead of a spoiler.
TehRealSalt
Ya Gal Sal Here ヽ(◕ᴥ◕)ノ

Discord: TehRealSalt#6754

Postby TerminusEst13 » Thu May 29, 2014 11:17 pm

You have my attention.
TerminusEst13
I'm just a guy.

Postby Captain J » Fri May 30, 2014 3:26 am

look, another bravest volunteer! if he can post some pics with large thumbnail next time, though.
Captain J
'OH YE'

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby SamVision » Fri May 30, 2014 10:34 am

TerminusEst13 wrote:You have my attention.

You have mine as well.
SamVision

Postby Enjay » Fri May 30, 2014 10:37 am

And my axe. :D
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Re: Metroid: Dreadnought

Postby Josh771 » Sat May 31, 2014 8:00 am

Nash wrote:Using this mod as a base, someone should make full-blown Metroid-style maps with backtracking and stuff, just like in Super Metroid. The bulk of the game core is already in this mod... so one would only need to construct maps, storyline and gameplay around it. :D

This mod has my interest piqued... I must try it. But I had a rather interesting thought about maps, particularly the aspect of preserving the predominantly vertical space of platformers.

What if there were a script that rotated the camera (and the force of gravity) making southern walls into floors and northern walls into ceilings? This would allow us to abuse the various DooM map formats to more easily produce lots of space over space with sloped "floors" and "ceilings" and would make 3D floors and sloped floors/ceilings much less necessary.

Just a thought. It would be an amazing trick; mappers could just draw up the maps as though they were for a platformer. Of course, the editor would get a bit confusing when you enter visual mode.
Josh771
formerly known as SidDoyle

Discord: josh771#7771

Re: Metroid: Dreadnought

Postby Cryomundus » Sat May 31, 2014 5:19 pm

SidDoyle wrote:
Nash wrote:Using this mod as a base, someone should make full-blown Metroid-style maps with backtracking and stuff, just like in Super Metroid. The bulk of the game core is already in this mod... so one would only need to construct maps, storyline and gameplay around it. :D

This mod has my interest piqued... I must try it. But I had a rather interesting thought about maps, particularly the aspect of preserving the predominantly vertical space of platformers.

What if there were a script that rotated the camera (and the force of gravity) making southern walls into floors and northern walls into ceilings? This would allow us to abuse the various DooM map formats to more easily produce lots of space over space with sloped "floors" and "ceilings" and would make 3D floors and sloped floors/ceilings much less necessary.

Just a thought. It would be an amazing trick; mappers could just draw up the maps as though they were for a platformer. Of course, the editor would get a bit confusing when you enter visual mode.

There was a Zdoom mod awhile ago that did that very thing.
Cryomundus

Postby Doctrine Gamer » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:33 am

where I set the buttons to drop bombs and missiles? I did not find these options on the menu
Doctrine Gamer
Holger Danilchenko

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods